Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   October Tournament- BRACKETS (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=5810)

Ditto616 October 8, 2010 03:50:00 PM

October Tournament- BRACKETS

2 Attachment(s)
I've finally gotten around to making the brackets after everybody did or did not respond. Here's how things are going to work. I'll give you a time interval, and all the battles of the round must be completed in that time interval. You must work out a time where both you and your opponent can battle.

ROUND ONE: Friday, October 8 - Thursday October 14

ROUND TWO:Saturday, October 16 - Friday October 22

The rules again.

Battles are on the DS, D/P/Pt/HG/SS, done in level 100 battles.

GIMMICK: You may only use Pokémon of the Ghost, Bug or Dark type, and Pokémon that the Pokédex has stated to be black, and whatever I decide shall be called the color black and the color orange.

Dark Types    
Umbreon, Murkrow, Sneasel, Houndour, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Poochyena, Mightyena, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Sableye, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Absol, Honchkrow, Stunky, Skuntank, Spiritomb, Drapion, Weavile

Ghost Types    
Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Misdreavus, Shedinja, Sableye, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops, Drifloon, Drifblim, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rotom (NO FORMES ARE TO BE USED)

Bug Types    
Butterfree, Beedrill, Parasect, Venomoth, Scyther, Pinsir, Ledian, Ariados, Yanma, Forretress, Scizor, Shuckle, Heracross, Beautifly, Dustox, Masquerain, Ninjask, Shedinja, Volbeat, Illumise, Armaldo, Kricketune, Wormadam, Mothim, Vespiquen, Yanmega

Black Pokémon    
Chatot, Claydol, Mawile, Munchlax, Seviper, Snorlax, Spoink, Unown, Grumpig, Staraptor

Orange Pokémon    
Charizard, Camerupt, Solrock, Seaking, Moltres, Floatzel, Dragonite, Infernape, Arcanine, Heatran, Regirock, Raichu

SPECIAL EXCEPTION POKEMON
Special exceptions    
Crobat, Marowak, Gliscor

GOLDEN RULE: NEVER IN ANY TOURNAMENT SHALL HACKED POKEMON BE USED, UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE

1. Uber Clause- You shall not use any of the following Pokémon:
List of Ubers    
Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys (all forms)
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latias
Latios
Lugi
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Salamence
Shaymin (Sky form)
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

2. Sleep Clause- No two Pokémon may be asleep on the same team, HOWEVER: this does not include self-induced sleep from attacks such as Rest.

3. Evasion Clause- You may not use moves, such as Double Team, to raise your own evasiveness. You may use moves that lower your opponents stats, such as Sand-Attack and Sweet Scent.

4. OHKO Clause- Can't use Sheer Cold, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Fissure.

5. Species Clause- You may not use two of the same National Pokédex Number

6. Selfdestruct Clause- If you use Self-Destruct, Explosion, or Destiny Bond with your last available Pokémon and it faints. You lose. Period.

Any disputes should be PMed to me. Also, I would like you to send me the battle videos of your battles via PM. I don't care if I get two of the same battle. Thanks and good luck to all of you!

kakashidragon October 8, 2010 04:27:21 PM

I got a question (the disscussion thread was closed), who will be my opponet? Or are u going to pm us our opponets?

Ningamer October 8, 2010 04:29:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 108337)
I got a question (the disscussion thread was closed), who will be my opponet? Or are u going to pm us our opponets?

That's the point of the brackets; When Ditto puts them up, you can see who you'll be paired against. Be patient!

kakashidragon October 8, 2010 04:30:27 PM

oh.....ok i'll wait then

RotomGuy October 8, 2010 10:36:33 PM

When do I battle Roxas?

Roxas October 9, 2010 08:13:12 AM

When we're both on..I think.

Ningamer October 9, 2010 08:16:03 AM

You've gotta battle each other at any time between now and Thursday (Oct. 14)

kakashidragon October 11, 2010 09:56:04 PM

what happens if me and my opponet dont get our battle done by thursday, like say if im able to battle, but my opponet is not able to battle whats happens?

Ditto616 October 12, 2010 04:07:45 PM

I would either designate someone to move on, or no one to move on, based on the circumstances given.

kakashidragon October 14, 2010 11:24:38 AM

so who all moves on?

Ditto616 October 16, 2010 04:12:10 AM

Be patient. I sometimes have less time than I think I do. I'll get the brackets up as soon as possible.

kakashidragon October 16, 2010 11:32:17 AM

i just hope my next opponet shows up and can battle, i dont want to win by default all the time.

pokemoneinstein October 21, 2010 03:25:16 AM

Sorry, but it looks like that's not going to happen. Same Wi-Fi problem as I had when we were trying to trade. (Damn IT guy T_T)

kakashidragon October 23, 2010 09:37:28 AM

so who moves on this week?

kakashidragon October 29, 2010 10:43:59 AM

So is this tourny over??? I havnt got word from anyone in the past week now

Ditto616 October 29, 2010 04:55:36 PM

I'm canceling this tournament due to lack of activity. Nearly no one has actually battled at this point, and I haven't received any results for this round. I'm sorry I have to do this, but it just didn't work out the way it should of. This tournament is closed.