Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Victory Road BBS theme (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=11150)

Cat333Pokémon April 1, 2013 07:25:19 PM

Victory Road BBS theme

As part of April Fools' Day 2013, I put up an April Fools' Day theme that made Victory Road look like an old bulletin board system straight out of the '80s. Due to all the work I put into creating the icons and making sure most of the colors work, I have kept the theme around for any users to enjoy. Like any other themes, it can be set from the User Options section in the User Control Panel, or temporarily set through the selector in the bottom left corner.

PHANTOMxTRAINER April 1, 2013 07:28:17 PM

That's pretty awesome. It looks really cool, but I'm just going to stick with Dark Illusionist for the fact that it hurts my eyes o-o

TurtwigX April 1, 2013 07:29:24 PM

At first I was afraid that this was only temporary, as this gave me laughs like no other April Fool's Day joke on this site (aside from the Rick Roll one. Classic.) But now that you've made it permanent since you've put so much work into it and it'd be a shame to just throw it away, GOODBYE FOREVER, DARK ILLUSIONIST.
This theme is so the hotness.

Cyrus April 1, 2013 07:31:13 PM

I also liked this theme a lot, but I'm too stubborn to stop using Quilava's Inferno, since that has been the theme I've used since forever. But I might switch to BBS every once in awhile for the fun of it.

teamplasma April 1, 2013 07:34:09 PM

That theme... Wow... I don't know if I could have been on the internet in the 80s if that is what I was going to live with. XD

Quadcentruo April 1, 2013 07:41:59 PM

Can we get a theme where we have to navigate the forums using a command prompt?

Cat333Pokémon April 1, 2013 08:30:07 PM

It'd be nice, but that'd require a bit of coding. :P

kakashidragon April 2, 2013 12:10:29 AM

Whats this command prompt that some people asking for?

Cat333Pokémon April 2, 2013 12:56:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakashidragon (Post 277710)
Whats this command prompt that some people asking for?

Windows: Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt (or type "command prompt" after opening the Start Menu)

OS X: Spotlight > Type "terminal"

Ubuntu: Press Ctrl+Alt+F1 (Press Ctrl+Alt+F7 to go back)

Other Linux with GUI: Locate the terminal in your distribution's applications listing

Luxray13579 April 2, 2013 07:46:25 PM

I'm unhealthily attached to the regular old vBulletin Default Style, but the BBS style is too awesome to pass up using! Even if it does actually hurt my brain.

TheHeroicKnight April 2, 2013 08:46:30 PM

Thanks for this! I think I'll set it as my default.

Aquablast April 3, 2013 02:09:44 PM

Best April's Fool Joke E-V-E-R! :D

Luxray13579 April 3, 2013 05:06:29 PM

OK, Kitty, because this is sorta the theme's thread, I figured I'd let you know about an important thing to fix, and another to touch up... When I click for more results on the main page, it gets rid of all the other statistics of the thread, aside from the title, seen here. Another thing is how in the legend for what colours stand for which user group on the forum activity list, the registered user label doesn't match that of the actual colour of registered users, again seen here. (I'm not picky, just something I wanted to bring to your attention. :3) But seriously Cat, great job. I love it!

Cat333Pokémon April 3, 2013 05:20:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luxray13579 (Post 277815)
When I click for more results on the main page, it gets rid of all the other statistics of the thread, aside from the title, seen here.

Fixed. That one was a typo on my part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luxray13579 (Post 277815)
Another thing is how in the legend for what colours stand for which user group on the forum activity list, the registered user label doesn't match that of the actual colour of registered users, again seen here.

The color doesn't match on any of the themes. :P It's just the standard text color, not the link color. Not sure how to change that, either.

Luxray13579 April 3, 2013 05:30:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 277816)
Fixed. That one was a typo on my part.

The color doesn't match on any of the themes. :P It's just the standard text color, not the link color. Not sure how to change that, either.

Whoa, that first one was a quick fix, thanks!

Oooh, I see... Interesting.

Cat333Pokémon April 3, 2013 05:43:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luxray13579 (Post 277819)
Whoa, that first one was a quick fix, thanks!

Well, I did the same mistake when originally putting that up for April Fools. Clicking the More Results button would show the threads on boards that were hidden. So, I did know exactly where I screwed up.