Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Victory Road Network Support (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Can we get our name changed? (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=9267)

Spangbot November 6, 2011 05:38:51 PM

Can we get our name changed?

There's usually a thread somewhere for people to ask to get their name changed, but I don't see any. I don't recall seeing anything about name changes in the rules either (yeah, I checked).

Shiny November 6, 2011 06:11:11 PM

If you want a name change, you'll have to PM Cat about it. Coming from someone who's changed their name before, you'll have to give him a real good reason why you want to change it.
It also helps if you're a new or unknown member, too. Yhe new name will also have to be close to the former name.

teamplasma November 6, 2011 06:12:05 PM

Wait, what was your name BEFORE Tailbot!!!

Shiny November 6, 2011 06:15:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamplasma (Post 214223)
Wait, what was your name BEFORE Tailbot!!!

He's a fairly new member. I doubt his name has been changed.

teamplasma November 6, 2011 06:17:40 PM

Quote:

Coming from someone who's changed their name before
What was your, shiny's, name before!?! And Tailbot, what is your plan for changing? Is there some BIG reason?

Spangbot November 6, 2011 06:21:56 PM

Maybe. I wanna change it to match my Youtube channel.

McMasters November 6, 2011 07:46:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiny (Post 214221)
If you want a name change, you'll have to PM Cat about it. Coming from someone who's changed their name before, you'll have to give him a real good reason why you want to change it.
It also helps if you're a new or unknown member, too. Yhe new name will also have to be close to the former name.

essentially, this. don't know about that last bit, though. admins don't usually do it unless it's a really good reason.

JC November 7, 2011 05:45:37 PM

More well known you are, the less likely you will have a name change.

Quadcentruo November 8, 2011 03:49:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiny (Post 214221)

This sums it up.

I could've sworn that I've read somewhere that if you wanted to get your name changed, not only did you have to P.M Cat for a good reason, but you also had to be new or less active. And it also wouldn't help if you told people to start calling you by your new name before it's officially changed.

Kero November 9, 2011 08:10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 214319)
More well known you are, the less likely you will have a name change.

Well good thing I wasn't thinking of a name change anytime this century I guess.