Victory Road

Victory Road (http://www.victoryroad.net/index.php)
-   Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction (http://www.victoryroad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Turty can draw, write, and compose! (Oh my!) (http://www.victoryroad.net/showthread.php?t=10903)

TurtwigX December 20, 2012 06:37:06 PM

Turty can draw, write, and compose! (Oh my!)

THIS POST HAS JUST BEEN ABDUCTED BY ITS ACTUAL PURPOSE
Link to Music
Link to Artwork (Until I get a scanner)
Link to Writings (To be added)

So I figured that I should have one of these as I have a little bit of talent in each of these subjects. And I didn't want to make a thread for each one of these things, since I love organization. I guess I'll try to update this daily. Wait a second, that's a dead lie. Maybe semiweekly. Biweekly. Triweekly? Semimonthly, maybe. Or maybe even bi-tri-week-hourly. Or maybe even not at all when I eventually let this die out. :P

I'll try to archive most of the content here once I get past a page or 2 of posts. You can criticize all you'd like, but for requests I only take a few of. So to kick this thing off, let's have some filler! I present to you my first remix!

This... is not all that good. XD But it was my first time experimenting with FamiTracker, and I wanted to do something sorta simple. The only thing I really like is the bass, which I also messed up, so... don't say anything about this.

TurtwigX December 21, 2012 07:54:42 PM

And now for the thing I wanted to post first, but couldn't resist having a joke post for. The serious Christmas drawing I've been working on for weeks! And since your birthday is like the day after, happy birthday to you, Cat!
Merry Christmas everybody!    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8784

I meant to upload this MUCH earlier, but I couldn't find a single working scanner. Still couldn't, so I said screw it and took the best photo I could. I originally wanted to color in the night sky, but decided to leave it white cause it was too much. Pretend... there's a gigantic snowstorm. Everywhere. :P

And this is Johnny Holiday saying Merry Christmas to ya's all, and God blesses.

Cat333Pokémon December 21, 2012 09:44:48 PM

I like that drawing quite a bit, and thanks! :D

TurtwigX December 24, 2012 11:02:25 PM

I'm back so soon? Hey now~ I got a little bored just sitting around being sick all day so I decided to redo the oh-so popular Christmas song, Jingle Bells!

This features some sweet chords, a Bass solo, and some of the sloppiest percussion you will ever hear. :P I literally just threw around different ideas trying to get a different beat in the different parts. Ah well, at least I tried to make it more tight around the end. And I tried to make the Bass perfect, so I put my ALL into it. Enjoy your gift unwrapping day, everyone~!

TurtwigX December 30, 2012 04:45:58 PM

I've been listening to a lot of Beatles lately (obviously) and thinking about how to improve on the percussion when it hit me. I was inspired by Richard Starkey, more well known as Ringo Starr, also known as the greatest drummer in the world (really.) So I threw together a short, random tune based on the percussion from a Beatles song that I think has amazing drums. (I GAVE IN AND USE DPCM SAMPLES. I JUST NEEDED THAT KICK.)

Couldn't find a picture to use this was just randomness, so I used album art of the song I got the drums from. I had fun with the random chords and the bass's all-over-the-place-iness, but this song is all about the drums. Since I'm listening to quite a few (Read: all) of their songs, there are others that have inspired me that I might do, but those I think I'll compile in the same video.

TurtwigX January 7, 2013 06:04:36 PM

I remember one time I told Cat I would try to draw a Charizard. And I did. Then I ripped it up, burned it, and threw the ashes away because it was just so hideous and I swore I'd never try that ever again. But I knew I had to, and with determination I pulled off a sketch! Once!

Still don't have a proper scanner, yeah!
I studied Ken's artwork for about 1 or 2 hours seeing just how all the different features were. I'm still not done dissecting it so I can redraw it anyway I want by memory, but this is a good replica methinks. It's important that I do, I need him and a few others for a project of mine I'll be starting soon. (Note: I do not know how to trace.)

TurtwigX January 20, 2013 01:55:36 PM

It's been like 3 weeks since the drum song. And like I said, I HAVE compiled the others into one huge video. Same as last time, writing a song around the drums I stole from the originals, but this time they're short little tunes (since I was veeeeery lazy.) I did 5 of their songs (well technically 6, but the last one was more faithful to the original than the others) from the beginning, middle, and end of their career.

Yes, that is Kim Pine. She's only there because she plays drums.
And this was exhausting, never messing with them again. Ever. Buuuut, I do sorta like them, so I may extend one of them at a later date. I just don't know which one.

TurtwigX January 23, 2013 03:36:23 PM

I'm kind of obsessed with guitars right now. Specifically bass guitars. So I had a strange dream where I was in my dream band (that plays almost nothing but covers of The Beatles) except instead of a human, I was a Turtwig. And my bass looked like one, too. So I decided I wasn't gonna let that subconscious creativity go to waste, and I quickly made this!

Turty's Rock-god dream!    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8886
Dude, I could KILL for a scanner.

Of course, about a day after my planning (before I finished the actual coloring of the artwork) I started to whistle a song to go along with the drawing, in the style of Crush 40. I didn't want this song to die (like many others before it did) even though it was a guitar song, so I quickly spammed the notes in FamiTracker and started to build a more complex melody from my base. And this was the outcome!

I think I emulated the guitar sound pretty well, and it's a good start for me to do more 8-bit guitars. Maybe I'll even accomplish my dream of starting a band. If someone, anyone can build me that Turtwig Bass Guitar, I will love you forever. With money. So much money...

Cat333Pokémon January 23, 2013 11:05:02 PM

I really like the sound of this last one. It sounds very much like an actual rock song played on guitar, and the drums fit it quite nicely. You certainly are great at Famitracker, no doubt about that. I like how you simulated the different toms with the DPCM pitch/speed setting. :p

As for the Ringo compilation, my thoughts were, "Ooh, this one is pretty goo--wait, it's already over? Hmm, this one is pretty nice t--aww."

TurtwigX January 25, 2013 03:15:46 PM

To Cat- Aw thanks, you're really too kind, but that sure helps motivate me. About the compilation, I did say they were like little jingles, but I'm extending a couple.

There are a lot of games from my childhood that have much nostalgic value, but nothing gives great memories like the SpongeBob game "Battle for Bikini Bottom." While most games based off of shows and movies had weak production and little actual entertainment value, this one had an adventure system similar to Super Mario 64, lots of humor, references from almost every episode up to 2003, and amazing music.

The one I chose to do was the Mermalair, the easiest of my favorites to get the notes to by ear (YOU try doing Slide without any assistance.) I love it (the original) for its parody of the Batman theme, except I like this one better. The hardest part of doing this (the remix) was the drums, they took up a whole day. And I HOPE they came out good in the end.

TurtwigX January 27, 2013 04:31:30 PM

Look at the first post. The joke one. That was like my first song I created in FamiTracker, or first FULL song anyway. So many failure jingles... It's been a little over half a year (I thought February was 6 months after July. Am I stupid?) since I started, and I thought I should make some sort of... halfiversary of my progress. But this song was still pretty difficult to do and I'm never going to try it again, not even in another 6 months.

I did the whole thing without looking at the old one, so it was almost like starting all over. This version has added guitar and complex drums along with the reworked Square and Bass. Now I'm gonna take me a pretty long break from doing music stuff. Either 2 weeks or another 6 months.

Cat333Pokémon January 27, 2013 05:19:28 PM

Hm, I've never heard the first one, but it sounds pretty decent, as does Roxie's gym. I'm somewhat tempted to try remixing Roxie's gym now. :p

TurtwigX January 27, 2013 06:31:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon (Post 274232)
Hm, I've never heard the first one, but it sounds pretty decent, as does Roxie's gym. I'm somewhat tempted to try remixing Roxie's gym now. :p

Oh well if you must. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_kah7MbnMY

If you do get to remixing Roxie's gym, be authentic with it and add some vocals of your own! :P And if you HAVE to do the English version, don't make the rhythm weird.

TurtwigX February 4, 2013 05:48:32 PM

BEHOLD THE MOST AMAZING THING IN EXISTENCE!
BOW DOWN TO YOUR NEW MASTER    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8897

I'M BRINGING "WHAT THE VOLTORB FLIP" BACK, BABY. All of my IRL friends are complete idiots XD

...I do suppose this needs a LITTLE backstory. So I was talking to one of my IRL friends about how I'm doing requests for V-Day Pokémon for my friends in school. So he requests VOLTORB of all things (and he doesn't GO to my school) and I caps rage at him at how it's just a circle. So I quickly made this because DERP. AND THAT'S WHY IT EXISTS. I needed a little fun downtime~

TurtwigX February 13, 2013 08:28:06 PM

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody~! ♥ While I normally treat this as a minor holiday seeing as how I don't usually care about love, this year I decided to dedicate it to my friends. 2013 is my super peppy positive year, after all. So for those amazing people I know, I drew pictures~!
Happy Valentine's Day Drawings!    
Haha! I happened to split the drawings from my "everyone" drawing to my batch of personal requests that I sent out to people.
Everyone    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8947
This picture was inspired by a conversation I had a couple years ago after Black and White came out. Me and a friend decided to randomly pair a bunch of our favorite Pokémon with others. Not willing to part with such a quirky idea, I decided to lay it off until I got some more art skills (should've waited another year) to slap it on something serene like this park scene and make it full-page full-color. Even though there are some problems with proportions and fine detailing I couldn't care less about, I like how it came out.

Requests    
This happening was a funny story. I had a great friend that I wanted to draw a Milotic for, and so I started some rough sketches for a friendly Valentine's Day drawing. Then someone else asked to be my Valentine, and I said "sure" cause there's no harm in it, so I did a rough sketch for her too. That led me to start asking my other good friends who were close to me until I got to 7 drawings. Then I had to stop :P
Minccino    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8948
This is for my friend who asked me to be their Valentine. She loves the Legend of Zelda series to death and Minccino is one of her favorite Pokémon, so I slapped something cute together in a few minutes.

Milotic    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8949
THIS is the original idea right here, and that's why it's the only one of the requests in full color. I wanted to draw a Milotic for my friend because it's really pretty and I remember her saying she liked it, so I wanted to draw it swimming through the ocean. Excuse my lack of a varying color palette on my attempts of the difference in ocean depth.

Regice    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8950
This super special request was made by my little Davey-poo~♥ *Giggle* (How ya like that, Suicune? I'm working on my Magypsy impression AND I added in a Titiboo giggle!) This was one of the hardest requests because the first thing I said was "What in the world am I gonna do with a Regice?" It's easy to draw, just a bunch of simple geometric shapes, but I couldn't work with the golem. So I brainstormed goofy ideas until I came up with it making a heart shaped snow angel. It IS still Winter, after all.

Cyndaquil    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8951
This cutey was requested from one of my closest friends ever, and I call him Mac. When drawing this I noticed that it was kind of fat and it was my intention to slim it down, but then I noticed how cute it was chubby. So I kept the fat design because it's adorable~

Typhlosion    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8952
This thingy was requested by Cat. When he first said Typhlosion I just wanted to yell out "BUT SOMEONE ALREADY REQUESTED CYNDAQUIL, PICK ANOTHER." But I didn't want to displease, and I knew he'd instantly choose Zoroark or Floatzel, both of which I really did not feel like drawing. So then I had an idea to customize it by turning the color scheme into that of Zorlosion! Enjoy having the ONLY customized picture, Scotty.

Lugia    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=8953
This one probably looks the most like the original art that I got it from, as I got this request last minute (about 2 days ago) and had to come up with the whole design yesterday. I decided to draw a huggable (somewhat) Lugia over a whirlpool altered with its psychic powers to form a heart at the center. I was actually given a choice on this one; between Blaziken and Lugia. I screamed "NO MORE FIRE TYPES" and that was that.

But wait, that's not all! I also happened to do something I've been wanting to try for a while now.
Related Project    

That is in fact me playing my soprano saxophone over a song I made in FamiTracker. The song is "Ask Me Why" by The Beatles (champion love song makers); my saxophone playing the vocal melody while FamiTracker does chords, percussion, and bass. I was just about to cancel this when I decided I would BE A MAN and actually finish it! But syncing the 2 parts together was torture, somehow I was able to struggle through.

Well, that was a lot of stuff from me. I hope you all have a great day whether you're with someone or not. Me? Oh, I know who I'll be spending time with. The nicest, cutest, most considerable person in the world~ Take me away, Alphonse Elric~! Well, AFTER I sleep for 9 hours. :P

Cat333Pokémon February 13, 2013 09:12:20 PM

Loving that Typhlosion. :cool: Thanks~!

Wow, nice SAXAMAPHONE playing!

Reuniclus February 14, 2013 12:51:32 AM

Regice~! My favorite Pokemon before Reuniclus came along. :3 Hehe, the snow angel idea was clever.

Thanks Turt, and you're one heck of a saxaphone player! ^~^

TurtwigX February 26, 2013 04:15:41 PM

Alright, I've had enough time off for a while. Back to experimenting before I lose my touch! This time I decided to do like the BEST song ever. Okay, well that's an overstatement, but definitely one of my favorites from my favorite game of all time. Now many people should already know the game is Mother 3, but the song that I have done is the upbeat and happy theme Ride the Green Train~! This goes out to all the COOL people!

Original for the uncool who've never heard this-

Remix for those COOL in the know-

I honestly think this is my greatest FamiTracker work that I've ever made and released (since I obviously haven't released ALL of my content to the public.) I don't dislike a single part of this song, although I feel like some things could be further enhanced but I'm too lazy to go through with those. Even though when I made this I was without a piano, I tried to make the notes as accurate as possible. I even tried to add some of that good feel from the also 8-Bit Paradise Line (Again, the COOL people would know.) I'll definitely be using that picture again, cause I know I'm not done with Mother 3. Maybe Earthbound, too...

Reuniclus February 26, 2013 04:19:09 PM

You know it's a good remix when you actually enjoy listening to it instead of listening to it just for critquing purposes. As I told you before, this is definitely my favorite among your remixes. ^^

TurtwigX March 6, 2013 05:15:05 PM

The great Turtovsky is back with his greatest musical composition yet! His new ringtone!

Note the totally uncool name.

This is a lengthy version of a song I made for the purpose of being my new ringtone. Y'know, cause I'm too good to just download some random ringtone off the internet, I have to make my own! It was a pretty simple concept, though it took two days to bring it all together. My biggest influence was Flying Battery Zone Act 2 (Thanks JD :P) as that helped me create the drum n' bass intro which was basically the backbone of the song. I still don't think this is my best thing from FamiTracker, but it sure is the longest.

Since I'm lazy, I also developed this picture for all original compositions done by me that didn't come from an inspiration I can really draw (or want to draw. I did say I was lazy, right?)
THE LAZINESS    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=9007
I tried to shoot for the Megaman jumping pose. Almost hit it on the nail, right?

Eagles March 6, 2013 05:18:46 PM

Oh...My...Jeebus...Are you God?

TurtwigX March 6, 2013 05:53:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagles (Post 275910)
Oh...My...Jeebus...Are you God?

I can't like this enough times XD I don't consider myself quite there yet, but I'll accept demigod ;)

I forgot this in the original, but here's the short ringtone edit that I made. My favorite thing about this is the insane vibrato at the end of the harmony parts. I successfully pulled off an awesome sounding "waaah waaah" thing~

Eagles March 6, 2013 05:56:38 PM

No way! That was my favorite part of it, too xD

Reuniclus March 6, 2013 06:34:18 PM

Turt...teach me how to use Famitracker so I can make amazing stuff like this. ;-;

TurtwigX March 31, 2013 01:56:42 PM

Happy Easter everyone! Yeah I know I'm a TAD bit late, but Turty always delivers~!

This features the Easter Buneary having a jolly good time with her two egg-crazy friends Happiny and Chansey! With me under a pile of that good old Easter spirit! This is why I stay at home. Unfortunately this doesn't have color because I remembered today was a holiday right before I went to sleep at around 3 AM but hey. Maybe I'll color it in later and make it look SUPER fine~!

GalliumGrant March 31, 2013 02:45:03 PM

You are amazing. Way to go! : D

TurtwigX April 2, 2013 01:49:31 PM

All this talk about X and Y makes me want to read all the info I can. But I have to avoid all the spoilers, and I'm trying so hard! In my mental breakdown, I found this and souped it up with color. A bad drawing of a fake professor I thought of!

Fake Professor    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=9131
Remind me to stop trying to draw humans.

A while back, probably like in November 2012 I drew a picture of what I wanted to see in a professor. All of them were old and had chestnut or graying hair (not counting Juniper, she's a sweet young thang) so I made THIS guy a lot younger. And I made him BLONDE~! Blonde people are really cool in my opinion. A professor of some snow-covered unnamed region I made up, he also wears a green and orange striped sweater and a pair of corduroys to keep warm.
Whenever I come up with ideas I put a Jesus-load of detail into them, so there's a lot I'm leaving out just to prevent a 3-page essay.

Eagles April 2, 2013 02:50:27 PM

:0 It's Reuniclus!

TurtwigX April 2, 2013 03:42:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagles (Post 277742)
:0 It's Reuniclus!

I knew someone was going to say Suicune sooner or later. :I The funny thing is I had him on my mind while I was drawing this. But the big difference between the two is that one is a lame ambitious guy who studies useless things and the other is a Pokémon professor. Seriously, Geology? What a useless subject. :p

TurtwigX April 8, 2013 06:52:17 PM

Being early is for losers and I'm never on time, but you can count on it that Turty will always make the deadline!

Don't you just love it when you learn hwo to draw a new Pokémon in only 3 hours to meet a deadline? Well I only did it because it's for someone special in a totally platonic way, my Algae buddy~ At first I was gonna leave this in black and white because screw all that coloring nonsense, but then I realized how ugly it was, so to distract from that I added in a few splashes. Sweet Jesus, why do Unova designs have to be so weird and complicated?

Reuniclus April 8, 2013 06:56:03 PM

Quote:

Seriously, Geology? What a useless subject
:cry:

And the picture reminds me of the time Eagles once tried giving me flying lessons. :3

Eagles April 9, 2013 11:16:50 AM

Oh jeebus, don't bring that up, Reun xD
I feel so special to have this done just for me~ I don't even know what to say, it's so good. I'm glad I have friends like y'all to appreciate me here.

GalliumGrant April 9, 2013 04:24:28 PM

That professor you drew looks great! I also love that picture of you and Eagles! I'm very impressed; keep it up! :3

TurtwigX April 12, 2013 11:17:02 PM

All of you guys are so awesome and encouraging, I love you all~!

Now, you might notice that in the thread title that it says that I also write. But, you haven't really seen any of my writings... besides these. I haven't posted any because... I just don't know where to store them. Music is stored on YouTube, artwork in an album, but with words I draw a blank. And this is supposed to be my organized thread. But, I have been writing poetry since we've been studying MacBeth, in AP English, so after a 3-year poetry hiatus, here are two things I have written.
Note: The second one is full of touchy feelings. You can ignore it.

"Songwriting"    
Poetry, as we know, is a wonderful art
Entertaining masses who gather to listen
A story, a scenery, and even a funny joke
Could all be expressed, whether simple or complex.

To write a song
Has little change
Why, one might say
"They're one and the same."

Two forms of expressive art clash
The arguments come, nothing is settled
But if they would just open their eyes
They would see the parent and its child.

Rhythm and rhyme
Beat and feeling
A hidden message
Can you not see it?

What is one evolved from another, with more open possibility.
And without a parent there is no child, lost for eternity.

This was inspired by a debate we had over the differences between poetry and songs (mostly modern.) Years ago.

"Hate"    
Let me tell you all of the reasons why I hate you
After you threw me around and left me helpless without a clue

The way you brought me in and made me feel warm
Then tore me apart like a mindless, raging storm

The way we were happy, always cheerful and laughing
But you knew in the end, it'd be me you were smashing

You tried to right the wrongs, to forget what happened past
But I think you and I both knew that nothing would ever last

Though the tears kept falling down just like endless rain
Your rude demeanor and blank expression would always bring me pain

And no matter how hard I tried, my efforts, they just had to go *pop*
So it had to end, go to ruins, it all just had to stop

So what are the reasons why I hate you?
To be honest, my friend, I haven't go a clue.

This was inspired by something from long ago. Pent up frustration is nasty, letting it out calmly is relaxing.

TurtwigX April 18, 2013 03:43:27 AM

It's taken me so long to finally do this, but it was possible thanks to Windows Vista. I present to you all a nine minute collection of songs from my Math Project I finished a few days ago!

I gave them all titles that pertain to their use in the movie. So, you'll understand none of them, but I couldn't just say "Song 1, Song 2, etc." I wish I could've made some of them better, I had to rush and I made all of these in one day. Although... making about nine minutes of music in a day seems like quite a step up for me. I might actually be getting better at this! Especially with all the new effects and sounds I tried to use~

TurtwigX April 20, 2013 03:36:58 PM

I'm back again, and this time I'm in love with Yoko Shimomura~! Wait, scratch that. I'm ALWAYS in love with her. But that's besides the point, because I've finished yet another song from Super Mario RPG. This time it's Koopa Castle, the second visit!

Originale- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ZzAv7MVeA

I love the part where it goes into the Bowser Fight from Super Mario Bros. 3. Funny story, this actually took me nine months to perfect. I started it after I finished the song Fight Against Culex (Which few people will remember, unless they went to my YouTube channel.) That was back in August or so. But the extra time allowed me to add in more of the jazzy effects I made to make it sound more musical! Now... who remembers that epic fight against Exor? You know, the one that lasted only 3 turns or so? GENO WHIRL!

Cat333Pokémon April 20, 2013 03:43:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ooh, not bad. There are a few parts where it sounds like two tracks are playing the same note (which causes a weird effect), but other than that it's quite a faithful cover.

:o You actually provided an MP3 for once instead of the horribly compressed YouTube quality? *waits for the rest to get MP3s or NSFs*

Witi kanto red April 20, 2013 04:14:08 PM

Good remix i remember when i play Super mario RPG is a very good remix, im looking yours works

Reuniclus April 20, 2013 04:32:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Aaaaand just like you requested, here's the dual mix of your 8-bit remix with the original.

I think it desyncs at some specific parts, but it still sounds nice to me.

TurtwigX April 23, 2013 04:02:30 PM

Thanks, Witi! Super Mario RPG... I don't remember when was the last time I played it. I know I'm in the middle of a playthrough, but I just had it paused... But the music is something that is always familiar to me. I love it!

Suicune, your work with that was TRULY commendable. Although I could feel where it went offsync, you made it blend really well. But I can't help but blame myself for not making the tempo perfect. I will try harder!

TurtwigX April 30, 2013 08:39:03 PM

Life is but a moment, a meaningless grain of sand.

One of my favorite songs from Mother is Flying Man. The vocal version has amazing lyrics and a general all around great tune. Very catchy. But the thing is... it was never in the first game even though all the songs in the vocal soundtrack are remixes of songs from the game (including the instrumentals.) Oddly enough, this song WAS featured in the sequel, Earthbound, as the Game Over song and as "The Jolly Flying Man." Intrigued by this, I decided to go ahead and try to make this song as if it were from Earthbound Zero.

The Original Songs

This is different from all my other songs in the way that it's sort of an actual remix of a song since it's not exactly trying to match the originals. From those 3 original songs I tried to downgrade the tune and make it sound like a simple NES tune, like the rest of the songs in the soundtrack. It worked well in the beginning but I think I had too much fun near the end. Oh well, I had fun with the whole thing; breaking out new instrument types, note effects, pitch bending. I believe this to be my most creative work yet.

"Life is but a moment, a single grain of sand.
That slips right through the hourglass, slips right through your hand.
You showed me how to make each moment count.
And now I know now what life's all about."

TurtwigX May 2, 2013 08:52:01 PM

Have I really not drawn anything in a while? Let me change that my rubber duckies!

Disregard the poor quality of this human drawing    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=9204

This is a cartoony form of me! I just love doodling up random things. I posted it for comparison of an actual photo of me that I also posted. The key things about my style are the glasses, the jacket, and the headphones that I have on almost all the time.

Reuniclus May 5, 2013 04:47:23 AM

*listens to his new song* Sorry for the long wait, exams have been keeping me busy. ^_^,
I think it's quite close in comparison to the original- and judging by the way it sounds, it can be mistaken for a real song made for the NES. I don't know how you do this (especially this quickly), but phenomenal job, Turt. (y)

TurtwigX May 5, 2013 10:18:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 279216)
I don't know how you do this (especially this quickly), but phenomenal job, Turt. (y)

Oh, well if you really want to know, it's a process that I will spell out to you right now.
How I go about making songs    
  1. Listen to a bunch of different songs for some inspiration.
  2. Write the chosen song down and listen to it extensively to drill it into the mind.
  3. Think very creatively!
  4. Choke up the willpower to open up the program and actually begin work.
  5. Figure out how you want to divide the actual instruments among the channels for chiptune instruments.
  6. Lay down the foundation (speed, percussion, and bass) and continue on from there.
  7. Have fun with it!

And thanks Suicune~! I think I did pretty well, too, for a day or 2 of work. At least I think it was a day...

Anyway, today is my super special friend's birthday~! Since it's an IRL friend, the name shall be withheld for their privacy or whatever, but not my gift cause it's mine! Since I'm too poor to buy cards and junk I decided to do what I do second or third best, make ART! So I made a card which I will ALSO not show you guys, but I drew this picture.

That is a picture of a rose. But not just any rose, it's the picture of a rose I made up; The Wildthorn (Y'know, KINDA like the one in my badge). With steel spikes and a metallic flower. And resting on top of it is an adorable Joltik~

TurtwigX May 6, 2013 07:17:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Turty here with a project that's been accidentally in development since yesterday! My friend dared me to do a song in the style of Mega Man months ago, and I think I finally absorbed enough classic Mega Man music in order to do it. Unfortunately, as I tried to do it, I found myself stumped looking for a decent melody. I started mashing the keyboard when suddenly I broke one of my rules I said I'd always follow. In fact, here.

Attachment 4824

I refuse to upload this to YouTube for two reasons.
1. This song is way too overdone. I feel like it's too popular and I did it too imperfectly for me to put it out in the harsh, cold judging world.
2. I swore that I would never attempt to recreate an NES song in FamiTracker simply because my perfectionist nature would get too irritated by the fact that I'd never get all the notes AND effects perfectly.

So take this shabby attempt at Wily Stage 1-2 from Mega Man 2 that I made. Consider a gift from me to y'all. But I still haven't given up that dream of creating my original song that sounds like Mega Man! Expect one in the next few weeks!

TurtwigX May 12, 2013 05:37:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmm, it's Mother's Day today, isn't it? Yet another minor holiday. But, since I had some free time and a little inspiration, I decided to put together a little 8-Bit jingle.

Attachment 4844 (Can't put this on YouTube either. Not fancy enough.)

Of COURSE it has to be from Mother 3! I did a little simple remix of the tune from the Mother 3 Love Theme. It's just overflowing with motherly love~ I did it cause my friend changed his profile picture to Hinawa for Mother's Day. Plus, Itoi himself said it was so easy that a child could play it on piano, so why not try?

Chaoz May 12, 2013 05:37:27 PM

You are freakin amazing at what you do. That is all.

TurtwigX May 19, 2013 03:57:25 PM

DID YOU KNOW THAT EARTHBOUND WILL BE IN AMERICA!? Well, I knew, so I decided to celebrate! More! As a follow up from the remix of the vocal Jolly Flying Man song, here's another vocal song, but this time in the wonders of VRC6!

The Original Song

I first got the idea from Suicune. As a Christmas present, he remixed this same song, All That I Needed Was You, from the original game. It was none too shabby, but I just knew in my heart that it could've been done better. So I did it better.

This is the first of my remixes to use an expansion chip to give me more channels to work with for vocals and the guitar. And boy, was it tough. Transcribing all the extra notes probably made this whole thing 32+ hours of work. But it was worth it. I don't mean to be narcissistic (even though I COMPLETELY am~) I think I like my version more than the original. Both of them. It's now my longest and my favorite. When I form a band we SO have to cover this one day.

My favorite (and most annoying) part of working on this were the two guitar solos. I wrote them myself because 1. Ain't nobody got the time to transcribe every single note of a solo. 2. It reminded me of Jazz Band. My old teacher told me that soloing was important and I had to go for it. My new band teacher told me that making a melody was just arranging the chord tones with nice-sounding non-chord tones. So with that in mind I made the 8-Bar and 32-Bar solos from scratch.

ALSO, NOTE
I've finally found out a way to archive everything that I have posted here, including the original mp3 files, since some unnamed third parties really really wanted them. In the first post (obviously not this one) there will be links to where I store them.

TurtwigX May 23, 2013 07:22:10 PM

Just like Suicune used to sketch in History, I sketch when I get ideas.

So me and buddies were talking about Xbox One. It generally looks great, Kinect got a super upgrade, and I want Halo. But then we talked about all that bad and unnecessary stuff about it. One brings up how Sony will make money off of it because it has a Blu-Ray player and Sony owns that. So I instantly said "Are you serious? You know I have to draw a joke picture about this right?" Complete with combo Xbox-PlayStation controller.

TurtwigX June 26, 2013 08:28:29 PM

Now that I'm back I can use this again as a way to boost my post count~! Yay~! Now first on my agenda... ah yes, this.

Warning! Top Tier Character Approaching!    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=9287

I LOVED me some E3 week. Screw Sony and Microsoft, I don't care about either of them. NINTENDO won the show for me, especially when they revealed the Top Tier Character Wii Fit Trainer #TaeKwonYoga (I get on Facebook too much XD)
This has inspired me to do many things and so I will be posting them. Slowly. Very slowly. Savor her tastiness. Feel the burn so we can tone up those legs!

TurtwigX June 27, 2013 01:55:39 PM

MORE TRAINER TIME!

I got some pretty instant inspiration for this. I quickly did a practice sketch in my notepad then brought it to life on big paper. Since this was my 5th drawing of her, I decided to make it in color as well. Some people were offended by this. How? I am such a purist...

THEN I SLAPPED IT ON TO THIS

I made a song for her character! *eye twitch* It incorporates her trailer theme and Yoga and Strength training from Wii Fit. Everyone seemed to loooove this, though. Even with the picture.

TurtwigX June 29, 2013 03:37:07 AM

Looks like I forgot a Wii Fit Trainer yesterday, so here's an early morning dosage!

For this one I spiced it up by using a quote from Soul Eater, slightly edited. First time trying anything with arms going across another like that, and it's the one main reason I hate drawing humans. But... I enjoyed this a lot.

TurtwigX June 30, 2013 10:33:05 AM

Unfortunately it's time for the LAST of the Wii Fit Trainer I've drawn (so far.) This one is my favorite as it took me a while but I could put personality into it.

That word "Tae-Kwon-Yoga" is an obvious pun of Tae-Kwon-Do and Yoga. It didn't take long, but I made it as a fan name of Wii Fit Trainer's crazy art style. And that last part is a modified Beatles quote because I needed something to add, and it fits~

I guess now I'll spoiler these slightly-big images now that the crazy's over.

PureAurorae June 30, 2013 10:35:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 281711)
Unfortunately it's time for the LAST of the Wii Fit Trainer I've drawn (so far.) This one is my favorite as it took me a while but I could put personality into it.

That word "Tae-Kwon-Yoga" is an obvious pun of Tae-Kwon-Do and Yoga. It didn't take long, but I made it as a fan name of Wii Fit Trainer's crazy art style. And that last part is a modified Beatles quote because I needed something to add, and it fits~

I guess now I'll spoiler these slightly-big images now that the crazy's over.

That is awesome, I love how the Wii Fit trainer made shapes of letters!

TurtwigX June 30, 2013 10:49:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PureAurorae (Post 281712)
That is awesome, I love how the Wii Fit trainer made shapes of letters!

That was actually the first thing I wanted to do with this as I was closing out a week of Wii Fit Trainer (I've been drawing these since the 12th XD) I drew inspiration for these poses from my yoga and kung-fu experiences.

...But this took me 3 tries because I can't draw straight lines X3

TurtwigX July 1, 2013 04:28:03 PM

Okay, Wii Fit Trainer's nice and all... but Megaman in Smash Bros. is pretty cool too. Right? And so if y'all remember the time I tried the MM2 Wily Stage 1-2 theme, I spiced it up a bit for his long awaited arrival to the fray!

There Algae, I love Megaman. Happy now?
THIS is now my favorite remix~ It once again uses VRC6 to add a second channel for bass and a better sounding melody. And the best part? This was so easy that it took me under 12 hours to make. I'm getting better all the tiiime~!

Eagles July 1, 2013 04:37:19 PM

Algae is now satisfied. You can now continue your love with Wii Fit Trainer. Any guesses about future guesses?

TurtwigX July 1, 2013 04:58:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagles (Post 281785)
Algae is now satisfied. You can now continue your love with Wii Fit Trainer. Any guesses about future guesses?

Good, pleasing you is harder than breaking open a bowling ball with a plastic hammer. Well, I already know all (or most) of Megaman's moveset but in terms of other characters I still don't know. Sakurai said there were less to balance the roster *insert WFT joke here* and not many third parties. But I still want Pac-Man and Lloyd. Maybe Shulk.

Eagles July 1, 2013 05:36:45 PM

YES SHULK MUST BE IN THE GAME

TurtwigX July 7, 2013 08:32:23 PM

The Flowers Have Started To Bloom    
The flowers have started to bloom
I have just come out of my room,
for the flowers have started to bloom

The sun is shining bright
So that it may destroy the cloudy night
Being hit with the direct light

My face pressed to the window glass
I see naught but a great field of grass
The flowers are starting to bloom
Poking their way through this field so vast

I ran outside into the meadow of flowers
Nothing but rain and golden sunshine showers
All my friends, smiling, happy for once without gloom.
And that is because the flowers have started to bloom.

I've been in a real funk ever since I got back. But this past week I've gone through an AMAZING change and I feel so much better. About myself, about life, everything.

TurtwigX July 9, 2013 05:54:47 AM

New Leaf has inspired me to create this~!

There are just so many outfits to swap and make~ I've had 5 ones that I really loved, so I was just doodling when I decided to draw them out. I even gave my outfits funny name~ (Ah-hem, CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION FOR VILLAGER IN SMASH BROS. 4)

If you're one of those serious Animal Crossing nerds, see if you can name all the clothes and accessories I have on.

TurtwigX July 11, 2013 09:13:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtwigX (Post 282414)
Whoo, second attempts!

This reminded me that I posted a second attempt of one of my earliest songs (that I never posted to this thread) on YouTube. So let me share that with you guys now.

When I first showed the original to Gallium, he said it was "pretty good." I listen to it today and I nearly cry at how much I hate it. This version flows much better and though I could probably make a third attempt, I'm contempt with this.

Ooh, and one more thing! This isn't a drawing, buuuut

Attachment 5123

I finished one of my musical projects! And THIS one only required a few hours of my time. It's the Train Theme "Overworld Adventure" from Spirit Tracks. This and the Spirit Duet are the main reasons why Spirit Tracks is my third favorite Zelda, right behind Wind Waker and Majora's Mask (Oh my gosh, Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time aren't in his top 3? This MUST be a mistake! Burn the turtle witch, BURN HIM!)

Doing these things does take a while, but I just looove doing it~

TurtwigX July 27, 2013 09:47:02 AM

After posting the 3> picture, I just remembered a very old drawing of mine! I can't believe I found it just lying around~

I 3> U 5EVA
CAUSE IT'S MORE DEN 4EVA
AND 3EVA

It was only a year ago me and my friends were laughing at this daily. So obviously I had to draw this out, and with a cute Koala-ish creature thing!

Eagles July 27, 2013 10:28:27 AM

auto-like
tenouttaten
Beautiful

TurtwigX August 3, 2013 04:04:49 PM

One last poem from me?

"I Want It All To End" by TurtwigX    
My endless suffering
My eternal grief
I cannot go on
So I go to sleep

I stumbled across a berry
Its juices like wine
Its taste so intoxicating
Indulging all the time

My endless suffering
My eternal grief
I cannot go on
So I go to sleep

The tree of this fruit
I took on my ride
So then I could sleep easy
It forever by my side

My endless suffering
My eternal grief
I cannot go on
So I go to sleep

A day I won't forget
I fell down with no power
Had the fruit been attacking me?
A devilish flower?

My endless suffering
My eternal grief
I cannot go on
So I go to sleep

I found out all too late
What I crave is not of good
The juice nothing but poison
The danger I soon understood

My endless suffering
My eternal grief
I cannot go on
So I go to sleep

I try and try to cut back
But I had taken too long
The poison pulses through my blood
The pain continues to grow strong

My endless suffering
My eternal grief
I cannot go on
So I go to sleep

My vision is blurry
I cough up only red
That which once I needed most
Has made me fall, feeling dead

My endless suffering
My eternal grief
I cannot go on
So I go to sleep.

My mom's birthday is today and my birthday is in 3 weeks. I wonder what kind of presents I will get.

TurtwigX August 11, 2013 07:15:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is two months old.

I decided to do Midna's Lament in 8-Bit! Why you ask? Well obviously because it's a simple sounding beauty that only takes two channels. And because I wrote sheet music for a piano duet I'm doing with someone next year.

Attachment 5230
I play the Bass Clef and my friend will play Treble.
(Oh my God, do you see that? SCANNED IMAGES. NO CAMERA REQUIRED, HAHAHA!!)

TurtwigX August 12, 2013 02:55:22 PM

I almost forgot, THIS is the super ultra mega huge project that took my the entirety of July to finish. I said I was gonna do it (to myself and like 3 people) so I DID it! My tribute to The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, The Super Wind Waker Medley!

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

This song clocks in at an impressive 18 minutes and 23 seconds. This is the longest song I've ever made, and boy was it a doozy. I sliced it into three parts because I ran out of writing space in FamiTracker, but it's still all the same song.

I finished this quite literally the day before my vacation. I uploaded these videos to YouTube while in a Vegas hotel :P

TurtwigX August 14, 2013 08:32:36 AM

Just in case this was unclear, I am a musician with an overactive imagination. And sometimes I have dreams, some so tasty that I just need to become real. So whenever I draw the Turtwig Bass, it is very real for me because I'm determined. (The Charizard Guitar was just for fun, but I'm sure someone would like one. It could shoot REAL fire!)

This is the Turtwig Bass Guitar Design 3.0 (2.0 was while I was on vacation and my mom said she knew a guy who made guitars for fun.) In each of these pictures I have a shot of my real bass and a sketch of the Turtwig Bass design that I based off of it. Cat once told me that it looked too flat, so I thought that taking pictures of all sides and drawing it would give it that needed depth.

And if someone calls it a banjo one more time I swear... It's shaped like that because I was inspired by the Paul McCartney Hofner Violin Bass! I WILL NEVER PLAY THE BANJO.

TurtwigX August 15, 2013 05:43:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The last time I ever recorded myself playing the saxophone was six months ago back in February. I played the melody to my little version of The Beatles' song "Ask Me Why." That one I don't like much at all today because of all the post editing due to how little faith I had in my playing ability (I might re-record it, too.) THIS one however I played through 100% normally with no post editing besides cutting out the silence and background noise of me failing to start the recording... that was sad...

This is Fourside/Because I Love You from Earthbound on my Soprano Saxophone. I'm so not excited that I'm getting a Wii U in 9 days~! EARTHBOUND BABYYYYYY!!

Note: It's loud, for one thing. But it's also slightly choppy because I was out of breath at many parts of this because of Band Camp.

TurtwigX August 16, 2013 06:07:38 PM

From 50% inspiration and 50% perspiration (Like seriously, you'd sweat a whole lot too if you lived in this state) I have just made a new sketch in only like 30 minutes!

This sketch in honor of who I certainly believe to be one of the coolest people I've ever known, Reun/Suicune/Jellybean.

I realized too late that the clouds at the bottom should be facing up to make a better cyclone but THE RULES OF SPACE DON'T APPLY HERE.

Reuniclus August 16, 2013 07:52:22 PM

For being a 30 minute drawing, you did quite well! For me, drawing something like that would take me hours. :P

TurtwigX August 16, 2013 09:53:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reuniclus (Post 284050)
For being a 30 minute drawing, you did quite well! For me, drawing something like that would take me hours. :P

I think the part that amazed me the most was the fact that I drew a waterfall upside down perfectly. Without cheating. Even the twisty one at the top surprised me. And they say drugs enhance your creativity, I'm afraid of what I'd do to the world if I went down that road. :P

But it's just a sketch and not a full color masterpiece. It's not all too much.

TurtwigX August 17, 2013 11:00:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some people might say that I have a lot of fun recording myself play various instruments. They'd be right, but it'd be more fun if I had the proper recording tools and maybe some effect pedals. Money money money...

I recorded like 4 or 5 of these soprano saxophone solos just today. But because of my one post a day rule I imposed on myself, I'll spread them them out. So this is Day One: National Park.

Also, I was moving stuff around, and I noticed. This photo is an accurate wordless description of what I do all day.
Attachment 5252

Reuniclus August 17, 2013 05:01:16 PM

I love the National Park theme. Your playing style sounded like mine when I used to play a saxophone- even though it was an alto. :P

Eagles August 18, 2013 07:42:31 PM

That's not wordless, there's words on the sheet music! :P

TurtwigX August 18, 2013 07:48:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wrote the sheet music for all of these back when I had an untrained ear. Now that I'm better at picking out notes I noticed that I had to rewrite almost all of the notes. On this one they were all flat. Day Two: Olivine Lighthouse.

But wait, there's more! This past week I've been very happy, it almost scares me how good I've been because that usually means something bad is about to happen. But I ignored it like I normally do. I had this idea in my head for months that I was unsure about until about last week when I fixed my scanner! (All by myself, I might add~)

Back in the back of the day when I was about 8 or 9 I was a comic artist (It was gonna be my profession. HA, I couldn't even draw backgrounds. ...Still don't like it...) I was decent enough at it since I drew all the time. I stopped at around 8th Grade when I lost a lot of my old material and just didn't feel like it anymore... But the voice in my head persuaded me to try again with this Animaniacs parody idea! Still black and white, still with an uninteresting background, still very me. Only it's harder to be flexible with characters that aren't yours.

TurtwigX August 19, 2013 02:57:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagles (Post 284161)
That's not wordless, there's words on the sheet music! :P

Oh well EXCUUUUSE me. So, can you read the title and every single note on that piece of sheet music? Huh? Can ya? CAN YA? CAN YA!?

*Ah-hem* Since I won't be home for another 12 hours I decided to post this now in the AM. Recording these while listening to the music through headphones made playing it much easier. Somehow I made a whole lot less mistakes. Day Three: GSC Surfing Theme.

And because I'm going back to school, I just remembered something. My music theory teacher had us write an original baroque style piece for our final. I got a perfect, so I decided to put it into 8-Bit. Here it is.

We were supposed to perform this and I had my part PERFECT but Mr. Jerkface stopped being serious about the class...

TurtwigX August 20, 2013 05:04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Whoops, I just remembered that I forgot about my instrumental whatevering.

This makes today Day Four: Kirby Rest Area and Ripple Star. These two songs were so short yet sweet that I decided to record both in one sitting. My mom hilariously makes a cameo in this because she YELLED SO LOUD during my performance that the mic picked up her voice. I was going to silence that part out, but it's her own fault.

I wrote these all back when I was just beginning to add music into my everyday life. Before The Beatles, before FamiTracker, before all of it. I just had a piano and a clarinet. I wrote simply to feel the pleasure of being the band stand-out.

This is the last of the recordings for now and I have a lot more sheet music to review and rewrite. I might pick this up again next week on Tuesday or Thursday.

TurtwigX August 21, 2013 06:46:43 PM

Time to catch up on songs I haven't posted in here yet.

Taking a break from messing with Roxie's Gym (I'll be back for the honey and you!) I decided to go with my 2nd favorite Gym Leader, Clay in Driftveil!

This one I had fun with because it has bass funk and low brass instruments. Probably to represent earthy tones hahaha. So I punched the instruments low and tried to follow the percussion with just one channel. The one thing I wish I could've done was more echo...

TurtwigX August 22, 2013 03:06:46 PM

Talking with Cat is like injecting myself with poison. The ideas never stop.

I know I can't sketch people and shouldn't, but I couldn't pass this up. I was dropping some music history on him when he brought up something about the C Clef and tablature symbol (Which is just "TAB." How lazy.) Thinking it has always looked like a bow, I decided today was the day I sketched it out, using the TAB symbol as the string. For added effect I drew in a cymbal note with a mercato accent as an arrow. Even that completely nameless original character holding the objects of attention!

I drew a girl because I'm more comfortable drawing them (From all that Wii Fit Baby) and because I was thinking of Katniss Everdeen while I was drawing.

TurtwigX August 23, 2013 05:43:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First day playing the clarinet again after about a year or more. Whoo boy am I rusty. What better way to celebrate this than to record myself playing it? So here we are with Day Five: Youngtown/Paula's Prison. (EARTHBOUND, BABY~! I CAN BARELY HIDE MY EXCITEMENT!) It doesn't sound too good since I run out of air much faster on the clarinet, and it's 6 years old. Which wouldn't mean much to an adult that takes care of their instruments, but I've had this since I was 11. I'm in dire need of a fresh replacement.

...Yes, day five. I'm still continuing.

TurtwigX August 24, 2013 09:38:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today was an amazingly fun day for me~ Despite the fact that I'm going to crumble into dust in 13 years because 30 is so the death age. And now with my Wii U safely in my arms I present Day Six: All That I Needed Was You. I seem to have an affinity for this song, I keep trying it in many different styles and such. It's just such a nice one~

I thought about making a birthday drawing, but I couldn't. I just didn't feel like it, and I was more in the mood for receiving. You know me~

TurtwigX August 25, 2013 09:04:31 PM

I've been debating on it long and hard, but now I know the answer. Otters are INDEED mammals. Oh, and I also have a very special post for today. From my new collection I give you Birthday Greetings #1!

Two days after me, two years before me. Ain't that funny?

This song is indeed the pinnacle of my FamiTracking career. First of its kind in my repertoire, it's a combo remix/original song. It includes every trick I have ever learned, and some new ones that I just started using or just made up. Drum and bass solo, single channel echo, heavy percussion, transposing to a different key, even transitioning between speeds. To accompany this I also made that full color poster drawing that took about an entire day and a half. I would've made a ringtone version but there's just too much to fit in to ~15 seconds.

And if that wasn't enough, I even whipped up this little sketch (with me new special green pen~) since humor is a nice thing to have.

Because you're worth it! ...~$37.99 + tax    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=9504

Happy Birthday, Jellybean. Enjoy your last year as a teenager, you'll be soon on the path to dust, oldie :P

TurtwigX September 11, 2013 06:47:08 PM

School has been kicking me all over. This has been my first chance to write music since early August :I

First off I'd like to say, Suicune, you're a jerk.

Two days ago he ruined my night by making a terrible remix of New Bark Town with the RSE soundfont. The first 18 seconds sounded good enough, but the rest of the loop sucked. The worst part is that specific Hoenn TASTE I was looking for. Heh, look at me ranting about his remix here. So, using this as an excuse to dedicate some time out of my schedule for composing, I went into FamiTracker and spent 2 nights on this VRC6 remix! (See, I TOLD you it would take me a couple days.) I even wrote an entirely new ending.

My personal favorite part of writing this was combining 2 channels to form a faux-Genesis sound for the melody~ I accidentally created the effect when trying to do a countermelody :P I'm becoming more and more like The Beatles each day~<3

Reuniclus September 11, 2013 07:33:35 PM

Well, maybe me making a terrible remix wasn't such a bad thing after all- it gave you determination to make this and I think you did quite a good job. :P The ending sounded a bit weird to me at first, but I think it grew on me.

Is it bad that I like this version better than the original?

TurtwigX September 12, 2013 04:16:10 PM

Time for another one of Turty's special "I sketched in class because I got bored!" episodes. The only downside to this is that I had to use graph paper because I forgot all my good paper at home.

Poster Sketch: Space Tripping Between Reality!    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=9521

I got the idea from things like movie posters. I had the title in my mind "Space Tripping Through Reality" in my mind for a while from who-knows-what source. What I really want to do is put it all together in full color with digital art techniques, but I don't know how...

TurtwigX September 14, 2013 11:37:36 AM

I believe this is the only thing that remains unposted. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Light World Dungeon Remix.

This song reminded me a lot of the Tower of Heaven theme from Pokemon Black and White. I was aiming to reach that sound, but I don't think I quite got there. In fact, I struggled while making this. I like the melody part when everything comes in and the bass intro, but the rest displeases me.

TurtwigX September 19, 2013 08:56:54 PM

We're back, and this time we're using that good paper! (Thaaaanks Caaat)

This, unfortunately, is just a demo. But it is the base for my latest project that I am working on. It's an effective parody of The Beatles using the Team PHS characters, my fictional band I've been working on for years. The finished project will be used as my binder cover for my final year. That idea was also sort of borrowed from Cat, but I guess he's just really good at being there to inspire. He's my idea man.

TurtwigX September 28, 2013 06:48:52 PM

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD came out like a week ago and I'm still unsure if I want it or not. But still, it got me thinking about my Wind Waker Medley and certain songs I thought stuck out. So for the next few weeks I'll be uploading some stereo remixes of songs from the super medley. First on the list is Outset Island!

For each of these songs I simply ripped from the 3 large medley files, but I couldn't POSSIBLY be that bland. So I decided to augment it a bit by adding a little spice to each. For this, I extended it to add a second part to the song.

TurtwigX September 29, 2013 11:10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How about some Sunday afternoon poetry?

"When Love Was Real"    
From you the scent, the taste, the feel
The way we were when love was real

Of all the things I wish to say
I just would like for you to stay

The place that we would soon call home
Has blown apart, the pieces flown

Those eyes I see, so deep, intense
Yet I'm locked in a wall so dense

And soft to touch was your embrace
Now I cannot look up to face

For all I've thought and all I've dreamed
Was just a lie, one of your schemes

And here I lie, yes lost again
Just waiting out this story's end

But who could heal the heart you steal?
I wait for you to make love real

The stronger your emotions are, the easier it is to express them creatively. I like to get the more sad ones out through writing.

But that's not all for today, we also have a request from Suicune! Here is the E3 2002 Wind Waker Title Demo! I know this song is only 25 seconds long, but it took me two hours to complete. At first I was gonna treat it like Suicune did with my New Bark request (>:I) All I had to do was string a new beginning and paste it onto another already completed song. But then I thought, "Is this really up to The Beatles' standard?" and so I spent lots of time tweaking every bit until I loved it. (Headphones recommended for maximum enjoyment.)

TurtwigX October 5, 2013 09:26:37 AM

Week two brings us to our next island, a quaint post-apocalyptic Kakariko Village. But for simplicity, let's just call it Windfall Island.

This was one of my all time favorites in the medley. Pretty much every song in part 2 was among my favorites because of how well they flowed while sounding good on their own. But I still wanted to redo the melody line to be more flute-ish, and I added in the intro from the soundtrack.

TurtwigX October 12, 2013 04:54:55 PM

It's week three! This is quite possibly the most famous the most famous island song from Wind Waker. I know it's my favorite because of the bass~ Here's Dragon Roost Island.

In the medley this song was fourth I believe, minus the intro. The bass in this is perfect, if I do say so myself. In fact, I believe this entire song was really already too good since I only really tweaked the bass a little and extended some of the looping parts.

TurtwigX November 9, 2013 07:17:07 PM

The college application process is very mind numbing and time consuming. I haven't had time to work on music for a while... But now that my Early Action one is sent out I should be fine again. Here's something leftover that I finally got done.

Forest Haven! This wasn't my favorite of places in the game, in fact I hated this entire section of the game, especially when I was looking for Makar the second time because that took forever for some reason (I did NOT know how to use that Grappling Hook... )But the song... I didn't think I'd love it that much! It sounded so good when I put it in the medley. I had to make this the GREATEST redux of them all.

This doesn't make up for anything, but I sketched some Pokemon while I was sitting in Forensic Science. I don't go anywhere without my sketch book now.

My Favorite Kalos Pokemon!    
http://victoryroad.net/picture.php?a...pictureid=9625

I promised my girlfriend that I'd do a super one in color for her, so expect one of those in a week or two.

Eagles November 9, 2013 07:38:57 PM

sexy cursive writing~
It lookss better than mine(even when I try to make it look pretty).

TurtwigX November 11, 2013 11:48:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Today feels like such a Sunday. It would be a great Day to ride my bike. That's why this is Day Seven: Ness's Bike.

I know I messed up in a few parts and that this is quite short compared to others, but I thought it would feel more authentic so I decided against fixing it. Plus, I didn't have sheet music, I did the whole thing by memory by ear by inspiration from sheet music I glanced at on Starman-net. (Horrible place, never go there.)

"I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike. I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I liiiiike~"

Sunny November 11, 2013 05:28:23 PM

I like the little "Al" key on Klefki. Haha~

TurtwigX November 11, 2013 06:07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny (Post 288193)
I like the little "Al" key on Klefki. Haha~

Oh, you noticed that? X3 Yes, that is my adorable little Alphonse keychain. I modeled this Klefki's objects around my very own keychain. I... don't have that many keys as you can see, but the Alphonse one is everything.

TurtwigX November 16, 2013 11:45:12 AM

The penultimate remix in my long-running (at least I think it's too long for me) Wind Waker medley spree. But I got bored with simply adding a part to the medley songs, so I spiced this one up more. Here's Hyrule Castle!

I used the original song as the base, but from there I remixed my own remix. I added some crazy drums and the intro/outro from the actual game.

TurtwigX November 23, 2013 11:07:26 AM

Finally done with songs from Wind Waker! Took long enough... I'm ending this run with a song that was a huge process, so huge that one look is 3 and a half minutes long. Here's the Great Sea!

Remixing this wasn't too hard, it just took forever. I had to move various tracks and I even added in a nice little extra. Maybe that extra part is what makes it so long... nah. I think of all my individual Wind Waker remixes this one is the best.

TurtwigX November 26, 2013 12:59:06 PM

Remember when I had to take pictures of every single drawing in order to upload it? Yeah... well I'm back to it right now!

I love doing me some doodling, especially in Forensic Science. We had just taken a test so I decided to pull out my 3DS and instead of playing it I drew it. It came out kinda fat, though... Also see a useless skateboard, a bugle/cornucopia, and a failed 3D cube sketch. The title is Junk based on the song by Paul McCartney. (Even threw in some lyrics.)