View Single Post
Old October 1, 2011, 02:30:18 AM
Keldeo

How'd I get better?
I got my ass kicked by Kaz a bunch, thats how. xD NOW THAT MAN WAS A TRUE RIVAL! We'd constantly compete and come up with different statedgys to the point where we knew how each other thought inside and out. That definitely drove me to learning new things about the metagame in order to keep up with him. =p

I didn't know you played competitively Ashy. =p

I'll tell ya what I know~ =w=

1) Don't be afraid to take risk: In the competitive scene everyones team has amaaaazing team synergy! They'll constantly be making safe switches to a pokemon that can counter yours. To stop this you gotta be brave, read who they'll send in and counter there counter! One turn can make all the difference in this game.

2) ANALYZE ANALYZE ANALYZE: I can't stress this enough! Read your opponent like a childrens book! Everybody has tendencys and habits when they play whether it be over-predicting, or under-predicting. Analyze them constantly during the match and learn there tendencys.

3) Develop team synergy: In this game you really are using a team. =p Make your pokemon cover for the others weaknesses and vice versa. You're only as strong as your weakest link.

4) Make unpredictable but productive moveset: Hurr ok well this one isn't a must, but its what I did alooot and man it helped! I constantly gave my pokemon weird, but good movesets. Everyone expects you too have a standard edition smogon moveset. It throws the opponent off majoooorly just by rearranging the EVs or altering a moveset so your pokemon fills a role that it usually wouldn't. It also earns you lotsa respect points. :3 Just make sure your pokemon can fill whatever role your thinking of. Your defensive zoroark won't be walling a lucario anytime soon. =p

5) Don't take advice from Sunny: He hasn't played this game competitively for like a year. :V

Last edited by Sunny; October 1, 2011 at 02:31:35 AM.