View Single Post
Old May 26, 2017, 09:50:12 AM
Cyndaquil

Default Will the Pokémon Ranger series ever return?

The original Pokémon Ranger was released in 2006, and had two additional installments Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia in 2008 and Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs in 2010. The series sold well, but we have not seen a new game in the past seven years. The games were unique, because they had events in the game that allowed you to capture legendaries Pokémon and transfer them to your main line games. That feature is what drew Pokémon fans to these games.

At this point, I think the likelihood of the series returning is slim. I cannot see a Pokémon Ranger game working well with the Nintendo Switch, unless they change a lot of the mechanics, but then it would not feel the same. Of course, Nintendo could make a Pokémon Ranger for the Nintendo 3DS, but I cannot see that happening at this point either. It is a shame that this series probably would not return anytime soon.

I played the original Pokémon Ranger when I was ten, and was frustrated by the controls. I did not play much of Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. I did beat Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs though. I really enjoy Guardian Signs when I first played it and still have good memories of it. It improved a lot of my issues with the first game, and overall, it was a great game. I still have my Heatran with Eruption.