View Single Post
Old August 18, 2017, 11:38:49 AM
Haxorus

After visiting a Hospice-owned resale shop, I brought home an IBM branded 5.25" floppy disk box and Super Simon, a Milton Bradley/Hasbro game from 1980 that takes the classic Simon Says game concept to a new level, adding more difficulty modes and a second set of lighted buttons to let you compete with a friend. I plan to restore the game sometime or another, and I'll use the disk box to store any optical discs that shipped in a paper envelope.

Both items were marked $2 each, but it just so happened that today they had a sale going on, where items that were marked $5 and under had a 50% markdown. When the day was over, I walked off with both the game and the disk box after paying only $2.

I also spotted, but did not buy, an Olympus digital camera that the shop wanted $10 for, but I did notice that an 8 MB SmartMedia card was included with the set. This was one of those rare occurrences to see that the previous owner included storage media for the camera itself; in this neck of the woods, it's common to see that the camera comes with everything (e.g. cables, lens covers, cases, etc) except the required media. This was the determining factor that caused me to go for the QuickTake 150 a couple years ago rather than the QuickTake 200.

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; August 18, 2017 at 11:39:36 AM.