View Single Post
Old October 5, 2017, 08:20:47 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Second a few weeks ago I found an old laptop at a thrift store for $15. It's a IBM Thinkpad T41, with a Intel M 1.6GHz CPU, 512MB of RAM, ATI Radeon 7500, 40GB HDD, and DVD drive. It originally came with XP (which of course the previous owner didn't bother erasing any of their personal stuff from....), but it was also available with Windows 98. I did a clean install of Windows 98 SE on it and turned it into a classic Windows PC gaming system. Runs pretty well with everything I've tried on it so far. Even running off it's original battery for this photo (only lasts about half an hour). I recently joined the Thinkpad club with a more modern X230 so finding this was a nice surprise.
Welcome to the ThinkPad club, Yoshi.
My ThinkPad 385ED will turn 20 next month, and I recently decided to discontinue using Windows 98 with it in favor of Windows 95 OSR2, because that's as close to the original OS as I can get, on the ThinkPad's account.

Speaking of Windows 95, I just recently picked up a copy of the first Command & Conquer game in the series for $1.60 at the same shop where I found my Super Simon game. I would have preferred that it came in a box just for completeness, but at least the CD jewel case and the containing discs are immaculate. The manual, though rubber-banded to the jewel case, seems like it never got too much use. For $1.60, I can't complain, considering the entire C&C compilation runs for $19.99 on EA Origin. To be honest, I personally never liked Command & Conquer beyond the first game and its expansions.