View Single Post
Old December 20, 2016, 10:49:19 PM
Keldeo

A bit different but I finally made a way to make maps without dropping every single tile down by hand. This is like the third 3D terrain editor I've made in the last two years but at least this one outputs maps that sort of look like the game I'm trying to make.

This particular geographical feature is kind of supposed to be my Throat of the World (biggest mountain in the game) but it ends up being kind of flat due to the fact that the sides can't ever have a slope over about 45 degrees and in most places the grade is even lower than that. Not sure what to do about it but I'll probably figure something out.

For the record the entire mountain (16 or 20 cells) took about as long to make as a single cell would have with my old system, so I guess that's a good thing. Plus it's now not impossible to go back and change something if I don't like it. The collision model it spits out is pretty badly optimized, though.

Current lines of code for the terrain editor: a measly 728, but I'm probably going to be adding onto it so that I can plop down things like trees and tall grass and stuff, too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sHelTWU[1].png
Views:	275
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	6968