View Single Post
Old August 20, 2016, 08:47:56 PM
Keldeo

Amazing Adventure Known As Cleaning My Room

So I lost a One Piece book ages ago and was trying to find it and eventually just decided to turn my room inside-out to find it. My room doesn't really have the traditional "looks like a tornado hit it" theme going on and positively looks like a biology lab clean room when compared to my siblings', but it turns out there were some unbelievably weird things accumulating in it over the last sixteen years anyway. Here's a list!

The original list was longer but my I spent so long writing the post that the browser page expired and I had to re-write it.

- A box of staples
- An entire shelf of baseball books from the 1970s
- A whole wad of National Geographic magazines
- A whole wad of those unfolding paper things they always stick in National Geographic magazines
- Every piece of literature that's been written on my high school cross country team in the Star-Ledger since the Bronze Age
- Baseball ticket stubs from 2009
- Enough computer wires to cross the Atlantic
- Plastic insects
- Plastic arachnids
- A bottle of plant fertilizer that spilled and caused weird green crystals to start growing on the bottom of the drawer (that has to be some kind of health hazard)
- A computer hard drive that was so ancient it had its own power supply that was apparently full of Pokémon music and video game TrueType fonts for some reason
- Dental floss
- Twenty dollars plus about a half a pound of loose coins
- a Wii, a Wii Wheel for Mario Kart, a GameCube controller and all of the wires that went with them
- Homework from 4th grade
- Homework from 8th grade
- I'm guessing there was homework from all of the other grades in there somewhere but I wasn't going to search through every single sheet of Loose Leaf I found because that would have taken about a week
- Notebooks that stacked into a pile about eight and a half inches tall (photo attached)
- Pokéddexy stuff
- A user manual to a cell phone I owned in 2009
- A jar of marbles
- A Barnes & Noble gift card that's god knows how old
- A ridiculous number of hats
- Baseball cards
- I'm writing "baseball cards" twice to try and drive home the point of how many of them there are
- The bottom panel for my 3DS (it had to be removed when the capture unit was installed)
- Markers that have somehow managed to not dry out yet
- Bleach-splattered pants
- A CD-ROM that apparently had a C++ compiler on it, but I'll never find out because everything on it was for MS-DOS
- Newspaper clippings
- Apparently I've never thrown out any birthday or Christmas cards in my life ever until today
- Rocks
- Two separate reams of printer paper, both about half-used
- A vacuum cleaner appendage thing (??????)
- The original of this thing that I drew back when ORAS were announced
- Newspaper clippings
- All of the promotional material the high school Robotics team made and didn't manage to give away apparently ended up in my room
- Gloves
- A Whiffle ball that I painted like a Poké Ball
- Socks
- Piano sheet music (I don't even play the piano)
- A clock that doesn't work
- Some of those generic orange "Admit One" tickets
- Bicycle chain oil
- A whole bunch of ancient Popular Science/Popular Mechanics magazines
- A bunch of glasses cases, plus a pair of glasses from several prescriptions and a smaller head size ago
- A confusing number of USB cables
- An entire shoe box full of art supplies
- Eighth grade graduation cap
- a box that says "Wii U" on it
- Comic strips I drew in middle school
- Flower pots
- Duct tape
- A library card that expired five years ago
- Enough books that were falling apart at the spine to give a librarian a heart attack
- A whole bunch of hair ties
- Postage stamps

I didn't even start to investigate these things (I'll probably do it in the morning)

- My closet
- Most of the drawers in my desk

Things I didn't find

- The One Piece book

I guess if it never turns up I can see if that old B&N card is worth anything now, right?

Something about Pokémon fan games

Later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kbu8ydE.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	538.1 KB
ID:	6882