View Single Post
Old July 24, 2017, 09:16:38 PM
Keldeo

memento mori

I don't really know if I should talk about this or not, but this'll be the last post I write in this thread, possibly on this entire forum. I was never around during the site's heyday, unfortunately (or maybe extremely fortunately, fifteen-year-old Dragonite was a bit of a terror on the Internet) but it's still been a fun ride. I guess I'll finish up by listing off some of the highlights of my time here on Victory Road.

- Showing up in November 2013 looking for Cat's Primal Dialga midi for a game which was never even remotely close to being finished. I still have it . . . somewhere . . .

- Making that "I'm dropping out of school" post and getting a bunch of really nice responses to it, it went over better here than pretty much anywhere IRL. I'd link the post here but I can't find that thread \:

- Battling with Kakashi, Matty, Trees and a bunch of other people. More often than not this ended in my head (metaphorically) being separated from the rest of my body. Who really cares. I miss Gens 5 and 6.

- Meeting Reuniclus and a few other people at Pokémon Symphonic Evolutions. It's odd, the only things I remember about that concert are my 3DS dying in the middle of a battle with a guy during the intermission, twenty-odd thousand people singing the original anime OP and Reun shouting "DRAGONITE!" at the top of his lungs while the entire admission queued up to squeeze through a gate the size of a thimble into the parking lot. Oh, and getting lost and arriving home at 3 in the morning.

- Posting about making games in this thread, all of which are either on hiatus or cancelled indefinitely. Realistically I'm never going to actually finish making a game, unless you count that Rock Paper Scissors thing I did in high school to test Game Maker, but who cares.

- Writing a Regex script to comb the front page of Victory Road and find the code for an Azelf pet. It's still in my signature!

- I'll edit this post if I think of more (I'm probably going to forget though)

But, alas, it's time to move on. If you want to keep in touch I'm probably easiest to get in contact with through YouTube (linked ad infinitum throughout this thread) or Discord (Dragonite#7992), or if you're a site admin I'm usually somewhat responsive to email (just say you're from here so I don't assume you're spam).

Thanks for everything!