View Single Post
Old June 17, 2015, 07:05:54 PM
Kyurem

Default There was originally 190 Pokemon in Gen 1?

I am sure a lot of members here already knew, but I thought this would be fun to discuss. In an interview with Shigeki Morimoto, he revealed that there was originally going to be 190 Pokemon in the 1st Generation. There was 39 Missingno in the 1st Generation which implied that these 39 Missingnos were intended to be Pokemon. If you traded a Missingno to G/S/C, it will appear as a 2nd Generation Pokemon. The 39 Pokemon that were intended for the 1st Generation is Scizor, Shuckle, Heracross, Ho-Oh, Sneasel, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Slugma, Magcargo, Swinub, Piloswine, Corsola, Remoraid, Octillery, Delibird, Mantine, Skarmory, Houndour, Houndoom, Kingdra, Phanphy, Donphan, Porygon2, Stantler, Smeargle, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Miltank, Blissey, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, and Lugia. I think it would be to speculate why these 39 Pokemon were cut from the 1st Generation. Ho-Oh and Lugia were most likely cut because they figure that they could save them to be the mascot of the second generation games. Houndour and Houndoom were most likely cut because there was no Dark type in the 1st generation. Elekid, Magby, and Smoochum were most likely cut because there was no breeding. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune were most likely cut because they did not want to have two legendary trios. Have fun speculating, and please do not fight with anyone else about this because these are theories of why the Pokemon were cut not an actual fact from Gamefreak.

I got this information from Bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...eneration_I%29