View Single Post
Old December 6, 2016, 12:51:51 AM
Landorus

My brother and I split the cost of the double pack the night it came out, and while it's not my all-time favorite Pokemon game, I personally feel like it was a pretty solid game. The story was great (Even though I figured out a lot of the twists, and I agree on the bittersweet ending), I like almost all the new Pokemon designs, and I LOVE the Poke Pelago.

I was slightly disappointed when I found Triple and Rotation battles were taken out, but honestly it was probably easier for them to take them out altogether than figure out how to keep SOS battles to strictly two Pokemon. I haven't tried much of either the Battle Tree or the Battle Royale yet, but I don't really have much interest in them.

My feelings on SOS battles are a little mixed, but thanks to them I got my first ever shiny! A shiny Carbink in fact. Currently racing a friend to try and get a shiny Sandygast, and also filling up my pokedex to get the shiny charm. EDIT: As I was SOS chaining to get an Espeon before it became nighttime ingame, I also happened to stumble across a Shiny Eevee! So that's my first... does it count as a Random encounter if I was SOS chaining for something else? I dunno.

A few (very) minor complaints:

- Some of the clothing styles/colors are exclusive to game versions as well as being locked by gender... why? The only way to get them is to use FC in the Festival Plaza, and they aren't cheap either!

- I feel like the main character could have shown a little more emotion during certain cutscenes.

- Despite the rather long 'tutorial' section at the beginning of the game, there are a few new mechanics that aren't very well explained, such as the fact that Totem Pokemon aren't the only ones that can call for help during a battle (Though it could be that I just missed the NPC that spells that out for you).

- I felt like the Trials could have provided a bit of a better challenge. I thought Kiawe's trial was hilarious though.

Last edited by SpikyEaredPichu96; December 6, 2016 at 05:04:16 AM.