View Single Post
Old October 3, 2014, 12:41:39 PM
Keldeo

Someone mentioned Flygon somewhere and that made me think of a type combination rather than a specific animal. Until recently, Dragon's secondary type representation has been pretty bad (only Flying, Water, Fire, Ground, Steel, Psychic and Ghost until Gen V came along). What about things like Dragon/Fighting and Dragon/Bug and maybe even Dragon/Normal, and maybe a some more variety from Dragon/Grass or Dragon/Steel? With all the myths and legends about dragons that are out and about you'd think they'd be able to do better than slugs and seaweed.

From here:

- Komodo Dragons - THEY BLOODY WELL HAVE THE WORD "DRAGON" IN THEIR NAME. Come on, people. I could see this as pure Dragon, /Grass, /Ground, /Fighting, or if you want to exaggerate their rough skin a bit /Steel. Monitor lizards are similar animals.

- Spitting cobras - Snakes are really awesome animals, and according to most they're pretty scary. Speaking of which, we could use some better snakes than Arbok and Seviper. Dragon/Poison.

- Salamanders - "Salamence" and "Charmander" sounds kind of like they were named after "salamander," but they really don't look the part. Dragon/Water, easy. Beef them up a bit and you have /Dark or /Fighting.

- Mythical Leviathan - supposedly Kyogre and Gyarados are based on this, but I didn't get that until I Google'd it just now. They really could do something a little more obvious. Another Dragon/Water.

Also, most modern movies and things with dragons make them look like armor-plated tanks. It's weird that the only Dragon/Steel they've made (Dialga) looks more like a dinosaur than anything else.