View Single Post
Old August 14, 2014, 08:43:43 AM
Floatzel

My favorite pokémon is Mew, but Mewtwo also has a special place in my heart. They are a duality and it feels odd to only talk about one, so I will discuss both.

Mew represents innocence and humility to me. I also see her as the pokémon representation of femininity. She has a childlike innocence and just wants to have fun, but she defended her beliefs and way of life when she was called upon to do so. She is young at heart but has the wisdom of a very ancient one. She is like a faerie, forever innocent but wiser than any mortal. She takes the guise of a regular creature because she doesn't need the glory, and instead is humble.

Mewtwo represents self-righteousness to me. I also see him as the representation of masculinity. He feels purposeless and wronged by society and the world. He victimizes himself to the point of self-hatred. He doesn't know who he is. His creators didn't give him a reason to live. So he decided, in his arrogance, to make his own destiny. He wanted to be a god, to create life and destroy it. He was arrogant and selfish.

I once was a Mewtwo. I was angry at the world and resentful of God for making me this way. I have begun a journey to grow out of such beliefs, aspiring to become more like Mew and be happy with what I have. This duality of Mew and Mewtwo helps shape my outlook on life. I believe that I can become a better person.