View Single Post
Old September 15, 2014, 02:05:04 AM
Joltik

I found out something interestring on the matter.
I'm currently reading Pokémon Adventures, Diamond&Pearl ark, and at the beginning of one of the volumes Hidenori Kusaka writes his thoughts about 2nd gen remakes:

Quote:
When I feel like playing at the Kanto Region, I'll insert the Fire Red/Leaf Green cartridge into my DS. When I feel like playing Hoenn, I'll insert Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. As for Sinnoh, needless to say, the cartridge will be Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Wait... I'm missing one region! I can't play the Johto region with my DS! So anyway, I finally have a chance to get this off my chest. Remakes of my favorite games! I really can't wait!
So, following what he said, we can assume that GameFreak tries to put every past region in games that have a compatible cartridge with the current console.
... And, this is partially true... Actually, FireRed and LeafGreen came for the GBA, while that console could support Green/Red/Blue and Yellow...
Insead, if we look at OR&AS, the rule seems to be right! Right now, a 3DS can give you Kanto and Johto (from HG&SS), Sinnoh (DPP are still supported), Unima (BW supported), Kalos, but not Hoenn!

The main problem is: can they make a console that is not able to support DS games? And if there will be one, would we lose all the regions but Hoenn and Kalos?

What do you whink about this rule?