View Single Post
Old September 17, 2010, 08:51:28 AM
Giratina

I agree with most of the stuff which you guys posted. In spite of that, I'm going to repeat some Pokémon to elaborate on them furthermore:

Most probably OU (unless its movepool hinders it). Defenses are acceptable (75/63/63), Attack is pretty decent (100), and Speed is amazing (116). Add Motor Drive to that, and you get a REALLY fast, physical sweeper.

Talk about Snorlax or Rhyperior being slow! This thing has less HP, Attack and Speed, but has better Special Defense than the latter. I think that under Trick Room, it will be a beast. But outside it, I highly doubt it will be placed in a tier other than NU or even UU if it's lucky.

One of my favourites. Favourable typing, awesome abilities and generally good stats (especially that attack) makes it an ideal choice for an OU Sandstorm team.

This thing looks a bit ugly, but it has got Swift Swim. Stat-wise, it is essentially a weaker Kingdra. Plus, its typing is not exactly favourable; while it provides a valuable immunity to Electric attacks, Grass Knot is pretty common in the metagame. I'm not sure what its tier will be; it seems a bit weak for OU, but also a little strong for UU (or is it not?).

75/75/75 defenses aren't so bad, and 125 Attack + 85 Speed is certainly not something minor. Since Psychic is not a good type offensively, and since Flying is not very prominent, I think it fits well in the OU tier.

(That's it for now. I'll be posting more analysis later on, though.)

Oh, and by the way, so far we don't know if Stealth Rock is still in the 5th generation. Apparently, it got replaced by a new TM called Bug Resistance, and since we only have an incomplete, preliminary list of TMs now, there's a possibility that it got re-numbered. We still don't know if some Pokémon are able to learn it by leveling up, etc, and we're unaware if we can transfer Pokémon who know Stealth Rock from a 4th generation game. So for now, Stealth Rock's future remains a mystery. What do you think of that? How will the metagame change if Stealth Rock was removed?

To be honest, I think that Ice, Fire and Flying Pokémon are pretty broken to Stealth Rock. It's a powerful entry hazard and all, but I wish there was more limitations to it (like weakening its effect a bit). I know that if it goes, those annoying Sashes will become twice as much popular, but the major changes which SR did to many Pokémon seem a little too far for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post

I am not really sure if this is our new Machamp.

It overpowers Machamp in all stats except for Special Defense (-20 points) and Speed (-10 points).

It has got a chance I believe.

I think it only has one weakness to Flying, which is not a prominent type in OU anyways. So the possibility is pretty good.

It is very good in both Special Defense and Special Attack. Possibly an OU, but it is incredibly weak to rock.

Read what I wrote about Stealth Rock above.

Last edited by Shadow; September 17, 2010 at 12:46:36 PM.