View Single Post
Old September 23, 2011, 09:49:33 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
I actually like them not including it, even if rematches are fun. Knowing that you'll only ever face a Gym Leader once not only makes the battle more fun, but the encounter more memorable as well. They also made the Gym Leaders characters in their own right this time around, instead of simple gameplay mechanics, which I loved and hope they continue to do.
Bull

Crap

I'm sorry, but do you play Pokémon so that you have memorable matches with fictional characters? I sure as hell know I don't, I play Pokémon for the excitement of a close fight, during the fight and at no other time. That's why whenever I play a Pokémon game now I try to keep my team 10 levels below what they should be. Fighting a Gym Leader only once does not make the battle any more memorable than battling any old trainer you come across, nor does it make it more fun. In my Yellow at the moment I'm fighting against the Pokémon League with a team of level 37 - 45s, slowly getting further and further each time, developing my tactics for the most efficient approach possible. This is technically re-matching, since I fight Lorelei pretty much every time, and since the matches are always so close they're a lot more fun, and that goes for every single battle, not just the first one.