View Single Post
Old January 8, 2017, 04:20:45 PM
Keldeo

Magfest Spoils of War: JRPG Edition

Dragon Quest 4, 9, Final Fantasy 4, Radiant Historia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. I actually brought money with me this year.

Pros

- Probably some of the tournament winners

Cons

- It's not a CON, it's a FESTIVAL :^(

Everything else

- Even more Colossus Roar than usual, somehow.
- Spent most of my time floating between panels with smatterings of the indie space, marketplace and console games area thing. One concert, that being "Triforce Quartet" and not any of the more high-intensity performances that Magfest tends to be known for.
- The highlight of Thrown Controllers was literally people chanting "BUTT! BUTT BUTT!" for about thirty seconds straight
- Will try to post the rest of my footage shortly.
- If you've been anywhere near Twitter in the last four days you probably already know that Team Skull cosplay was this year's Undertale.
- Eyan wasn't there this year, but I met a few other people I know from the Internet, which is always cool.
- Learned the real reason you're not supposed to use "if" statements in shaders.
- Laptop decided to stop working for no reason on Friday so I had to go down to the hotel lobby to borrow a screwdriver and take it apart and check all of the battery connections. I'm a true nerd.
- Stopped at Maryland House for late lunch on the drive back. That's about an hour north of National Harbor. There were literally people doing the Colossus Roar in the parking lot and the guy at the register actually said "how many of y'all are coming from Magfest?!" when he saw my badge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C1sHEZIUsAAyl5I.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	6969