View Single Post
Old October 31, 2014, 01:14:37 PM
Rayquaza

Beg Barrow and Steal - Our episode starts off with what else, but our group lost in the dessert, this time there's a Trapinch. The group runs into a attractive lady #301 for Brock to flirt with and her clumsy potential love interest how original. Of course Team Rocket attack yet again. However in the process Trapinch freak out and cause the animation from a whole lot of trouble to be shown again with this time only Ash, Pikachu, Team Rocket and the characters of the day. However the rest of the group soon falls in as well and water floods in leading them to a lake were Pikachu conveniently is. The Trapinch gather at the lake and evolve and it's just in time for them to be capture by Team Rocket. Of course they get broken out and nothing about this episode is original.

2/5

Absol ute Disaster - Basically people in this town think the Absol in the town is leading to bridges braking in town because its the disaster pokemon even though they even state that's not how Absol works. Of course the town hired Absol hunters that are actually Team Rocket of course the group is totally okay with hunting pokemon and basically turn this into another plan to catch Pikachu. There's actually one kid who doesn't beileve because his brother caught an Absol but has since disappeared and is trying to disprove the town. They eventually find the kids brother, he could explain where he's been but it's a long story. It's revealed that he spent time trying to find out what causes Absol to show up, he cares that much but not enough to call once! Brock figures out the Absol is around because the town is about to flood. Everyones pokemon uses a move to move a boulder to prevent the flood it's quite overwhelming and now the day is saved! Of course Team Rocket then attacks but are defeated Absol and all s well. This episode was quite forgettable.

3/5

Let it snow let it snow let it snow runt - The group is going through a snowy area and there's going to be a blizzard soon. However a Snowrunt comes in and it steals Ash's badge case and of course he goes full on OS mode and freaks out going around the pokecenter looking for it, you'd think Ash would keep his badges better protected by now considering how often they've been stolen. We get a pretty funny Team Rocket moment in this episode while Snorunt is giving Ash his badges back one at a time. We also have it established Snorunt is a very strong pokemon and Ash runs out into a potential Blizzard. Like most capture episodes Ash now has to risk his life for the pokemon he just met. Once the blizzard ends Snorunt leads the group back to Ash and he still refuses to give Ash his badges back. However Team Rocket attacks and I imagine you already know where this is going. However Team rocket is slightly funnier in this episode but I'm still annoyed. It turns out Snorunt is refusing to give Ash's badges back because it wants to continue playing with Ash so Ash catches it.

3/5

Do I hear a Ralts? - Max hears a Ralts that is in bad that has a fever and Max wants ti take full responsibility for it. We get a funny Team Rocket moment where Jessie dresses up as Gardevior and Meowth as Kirhlia and James as Ralt's trainer so they can steal it. However Ralts is afraid and May brings out her PokeDex on Meowth not knowing what a Kirhlia is but it comes up as a meowth, pretty creative way of seeing through a trap. The group and Team rocket get into a full on battle with eachother while Ralts is getting weaker. While battling Max is tasked with the job of taking care of the Ralts. This is a good character moment for everyone, Ash is concerned about battling while still caring about Max, May clearly cares about Max's safety while Brock shows his clear mature concern for Ralts. However this leaves Max alone while Team rocket is after him, however Max is unable to do anything and brakes down. However Snowrunt comes and freezes the berries for Max so Max can put it on his head. Soon a Kirhlia and Gardevior appear before Max and he promises to take care of Ralts. I'm guessing the daddy Gardevior is somewhere. Max is left running by himself to the Pokecenter while crappy music plays. Soon the Ralts is all better by the morning. While Max is upset he knows he has to go back but before this happens we have an awesome moment where Max has Ralts use Psychic on Team Rocket. then the real Gardevior and Kirhlia return, while Max is upset he promises to return for it when he's older and a trainer. This episode is PERFECT. Episodes like this are why I started the marathon, wonderful character moments and even great animation, well for this shows standards I loved it.

5/5

The Great Eight Fate - All right the group has arrived in Sootoplis City to battle, er Juan? I feel like they were originally planning to use Wallace since Juan use Wallace's team and he doesn't have any of the personality of Juan from Emerald in fact he doesn't have much of personality to begin with, he doesn't even have a French accent! Juan is just a contest champion like Juan who moves his pokemom gracefully. The gym battle will be 5 vs 5 and start as a double battle. Ash has Pikachu use Thunderbolt but Juan has Seaking's horn drill adsorb with it's Horn Drill. HORN DRILL DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. Then sends it back yeesh Lightning rod doesn't even work that way. There's now a subplot of Juan dressing up as Juan. Pikachu manages to take out Juan Sealeo by surfing on Corphish however this fails because of Sealeo's Iceball but it manages to get knocked out. Ash moves onto the second round and it's Luvdisc vs Grovyle if looses I've lost all respect for the anime. Yeah they're seriously going onto a cliff hanger with a battle with a Luvdusc.

4/5

Eight Ain't Enough - Grovyle is now confused and ARE YOU KIDDING ME IT GET KNOCKEED OUT BY ONE WATER GUN A FREAKING LUVDISC WHAT!? There's no way this episode is getting higher then a three now. Corphish manages to take out Luvdisc, some how barely. Corphish is then easily taken out by Wiscash only to loose to Swellow. So now Ash has to battle Milotic, this battle is pretty good as Swellow takes hits until Ash is forced to send out Pikachu.The issue with this battle is that Milotic is able to use recover I can relate to this. Also there's a subplot of Team Rocket dealing Juan's fangirls. Ash has Pikachu use Thunder underwater, it's so powerful it could have killed it yeesh way for them to explain the science of that npw though. Now Ash has his final gym badge and May is off to get her final Ribbon.

3/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; October 31, 2014 at 05:01:15 PM.