View Single Post
Old November 3, 2014, 04:27:50 PM
Rayquaza

Show Down at Linnone - This is a really great. I like how this episode starts off with Ash determined to train for the League, it really shows how far he's come since the original series. However May's pokeballs get stolen, I like how she immediately blames Team Rocket, however they're in the distance and not responsible but happy they get the credit. Max notices pokemon footprints that lead to the character of the day whose Linoones stopped obeying him when he evolved and it loves stealing round things. I like how Ash compares this to his Charizard nice hearing a call back it makes a good job showing off character development. This leads to May looking for her pokeballs but instead finding a bunch of items from the games because of its ability pick up it's pretty awesome seeing in game items. Also the characters in this episode are incredibly memorable. Team Rocket then tries to kidnap Linoone but insterad ends up kidnapping Pikachu. Brock then points at that the reason Linoone stopped listening to the character of the day is because he stopped playing with it when it evoled. I'm really really happy with this because it avoids cliche without feeling forced. Seriously more fillers need to be like this one.

There 4 kids is now a better speller then me.

5/5

Who, What, Where, Whynaut? - The group runs into Drew who already has all five ribbons and it's revealed that May's next contest is the last one before the Grand Festival. May and Drew have a practice battle, I like how Ash acts as the referee for this one, something I don't think he'll ever do after this. However before they can have a full battle Team Rocket attacks. sucking up everyone. This leads the group ending up on a desert, Team Rocket are on there own but can't find Wobbuffet while The main group can't find May or Drew who find out they're on Mirage Island. Interesting they've incorporated it I've never even gotten it. Brock decides to find a river and head down its shore. Man this episode has so many contest shipping hints, it also shows off why I like the idea of the two as a couple I believe that if two character get along and also make each other better characters then it works. Drew wants May to be a smarter trainer but is completely unable to rela or enjoy the finer things something May has been adapted to since the very beginning keep in mind May only became a trainer so she could travel. May and Drew end up falling off a cliff but are saved by a bunch of Whynaut. Drew and May wait in the cave for the group. I really like how Drew is a part of this episode it's nice seeing a rival be used for something besides an obstacle and treated more like an actual character. We then get this random cut of Team Rocket out of the blue stealing all the Leichi berries on the island. Of the group is reunited and the day is saved thanks to the love of May and Drew the group and they all head to the next island minus Drew of course.

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 3, 2014 at 04:57:00 PM.