View Single Post
Old November 6, 2014, 04:28:18 PM
Rayquaza

Pacifldog Jam - Jesse cheats by having meowth switch out costumes by using transform into Sunflora and then a Kirhlia and then a Walelord bah haha that's pretty funny. Jessie is then disqualified for cheating this turns into another excuse for Team Rocket to attack. I like how May puts the rival back in her place in this episode for trying to get her caught up in her drama it's totally how girls usually act. May manages to beat the boy thanks to Skitty's assist. During the battle the girl realizes that because of the battle she realized she was letting her jealousy get the best of her, er right. The battle isn't very good May clearly relies on Skitty's assist too much how every it's pretty clear this all part of her plan to finally get a fire attack last minute, not a lot of this plan makes much sense. Oh well now it's time to have the Grand Festival!

4/5

Berry, Berry Interesting - The group goes to a town with a bunch of berries and Ash eats a Tomato Berry which gives him giant lips, pretty funny. Because the town has so many berries this gives a perfect chance for May to make more PokeBlocks. In this town is a wild Munchlax who easily my favorite pokemon that May owns. Brock is getting some weird Humphrey Bogart reference, I get the feeling I'm one of the ten people who watched this episode and got the reference. Also Ash is atill training Snorunt to use Ice Beam of course. May makes her own Pokeblock May's Purple Surprise and everyone's hate it in a very funny scene. The Munchlax then comes in and eats all of May's Pokeblocks. Also Jesse in disguise enjoys May's Pokeblock because hey it's a running gag. During the pokeblock taste test some pokeblock disappear (obviously because of Team Rocket) The Munchlax is actually accused of eating the pokeblock. May tries to battle Munchlax and fails since it's to tired and is very defensive. Of Team Rocket is then discovered and tries taking Pikachu and of course are defeated. May then tries to capture Munchlax by throwing a Pokeball it eats it but it gets activated and she catches it. Which is weird since the same thing happened last season with Wiscash and failed. I imagine they did this since they didn't know what movers Munchlax could learn at the time and we won't see it use any moves at all until the end of the season. Still a fun episode.

4/5

Less is Morrison - In this episode we meet Ash's league rival, Morrison he has the most annoying voice in all of the dub he's also a pretty annoying character to boot, being a really aggressive battler and also in personality. The battle between his Beldum and Ash's Pikachu ends in a tie. He then runs off after discovering the league is only two months away and has only seven badges. As soon as they arrive at the pokemon center Morrison wants to get there first and everything they do now turns into a competition it's pretty funny. Morrison even sleeps outside in a tree and of course Ash has to as well. Also this episode has been having a subplot with Munchlax eating everyones food it concludes with May getting the Pokeblock Oak fed Ash's Snorlax last season I love May's Munchlax so I can't complain. I love the rivalry between Ash and Morrison, it feels like a satire of how insane shonan characters are with there whole I don't care I'll do it anyways without giving up attitude to the point were they both break through steal and Ash even manages to lift Morrison's far butt off of a cliff. Of course Team Rocket attacks but they don't have any pokwemon but they manage to chase after them anyways, it's yet another showcase of Ash's personality which I love Ash should be more then just a pokemon trainer after all.

5/5

Ribbon Cup Caper - The ship the group is taking to the Grand Festival is very luxurious having a mall and a food court also a place for the group to leave there pokemon to play. Officer Jenny is looking for Broadie who is trying to steal the Grand Festival Cup because Team Magma has of course disbanded. Yeah that's no surprise at all despite how our main characters react. The cup is soon discovered to be a forgery and most likely replaced.Of course our group has to find the thief because these kids are certainly more value then actually officers. However trying to find someone who is a master of disguise is quite compelling. Now Broady is stealing all the Pokemon from the Pokemon Center however of course the captain is actually Broady. We then get a chase looking around for Broady however Broady is kind of a moron deciding to disguise as a person of power drawing attention. However Brock manages to save the day by falling in love with the real Jenny, it's a pretty clever ending. Also the group end up at the Grand Festival.

4.5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 6, 2014 at 06:06:42 PM.