View Single Post
Old November 7, 2014, 04:57:54 PM
Rayquaza

Hi Ho Silver Wind - It's time for the Grand Festival and May and Max's mom has journeyed to Slateport to see May. She even gets her own hotel room where it's revealed she's stayed in touch with all of her rivals. Over 247 trainers participate in GF and only 64 make it to the next round. Um are you kidding me? 247 is a lot and multiplied by five is 1235! And that's not counting people who missed festival, or couldn't even get all five ribbons. I don't even think Kyushu the region Hoenn is based off of has that many towns! May also runs into Drew and then Harley. Did this show really need to give us a full on butt shot of Harley? Harley tries to win back May's trust again of course. Drew is completely creeped out by Harley it's pretty funny. I like how May admits to him that her and Drew are barely friends. This episode has a great showcase of May's confidence and she's also stupid enough to start trusting Harley again. The group then uncovers James posing as Norman, yet again in order to steal pokemon. Such a good streak of using Team Rocket well ruined but at least it's quick. However this is time that really should have been spent on the preliminaries which are incredibly rushed at the end of the episode. Of course May is able to get through to the next round and decides to go with using silver wind for the entire GF, this plan just screams stupid.

4/5

Deceit and Assist - Harley goes into full on berserk mode with May training acting very crazy while Drew is oddly jealous. We also get a subplot of a character getting his trainer id and ribbons stolen. Also the judges of the contest are the usual ones plus three nurse Joys at once! How creepy is that!? Apparently there's now a second round of appeals I didn't know that. Team Rocket is then discovered by Anthony and Team Rocket has to quickly get away since clearly they can't be arrested. Skitty's appeal consists of only assist which goes nowhere until May goes against Harley's advice and decides to use Double Slap and then Blizzard. Drew confronts May that this was Harley's plan all along it's a great moment between May and Drew. With all the nice rivals we've had it's great seeing rival live up to potential of just being flat out evil and manipulative. Drew tells May to stop listening to other people and to put her trust in her own Pokemon, this also really good moment and terrific set up for what's to come much later on. Drew then manages to get a perfect score for his appeal. Robert from May's first contest also gets a perfect score while everyone else does as well. And wouldn't you know it May has to fight Harley again it's going to be Bulbasaur and Beautifly against Cacturne and Baynette.

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; November 7, 2014 at 05:02:27 PM.