View Single Post
Old December 18, 2014, 12:25:37 PM
Rayquaza

Slaking Kong - It's time for the Grand Festival so the group is now traveling to the grand festival. However a bunch of Aipom come by and steal Ash's Hat and May's ribbon. It turns out a bunch of monkey pokemon are stealing stuff for a Slaking robot that's being controlled by Team Rocket. Okay this plot is pretty awesome, they try to lure the monkey pokemon away and this leads for Ash to confront the pokemon who stole his hat and ends up saving its life. Plus it shows how much Ash has changed since he climbed up a tree to fight a primeape to get his hat back he even left Aipom keep his hat. However May still needs her ribbons back. In a funny moment, the giant Slaking grabs May and climbs to the top of a plateau. Only for Slaking to be knocked over by Swellow's Aerial Ace. All the monkey pokemon end up getting defeating the giant robot. Plus as there leaving Aipom leaves her hat behind for Ash. This episode might be a surprise favorite for me.

5/5

May, We Harley Drew'd Ya! - The group has arrived at the Indigo Plateau just in time for the Grand Festival. May's mom is too busy to come, I do like how they at least reference her. The Aipom from the last episode apparently followed Ash and is stealing everyone's hats as well. It's during this chaos we run into Drew and Solidad. Solidad despite the only contest arc will go on to become a very popular character even being part of May's rivals to show up later on. Solidad is actually friends with Drew plus she knows Brock because she's from Pewter City. Solidad reveals she knows Drew from his first contest who he lost too and even cried when he first lost. I like how we don't actually see this but Solidad talks about it. Solidad reveals that while Drew is confident and stubborn the only one he seems to want to listen to is May. Solidad is a total Contestshipper clearly. Also Harley leaves a purple rose for May who wears a giant Black ranch coat until the appeals rounds start, oh dear god I hope he isn't planning on streaking. May's appeal goes off well as does Solidad's. I like the interaction between May and Drew during her appeal, how Drew is willing to admit she's better then him and in turn May tells Drew about how he cried. In a hilarious moment May reveals himself dressed up just like May. It's revealed that Solidad is friends with Harley as well because he is such a unique person and his appeal goes great as well. And of course everyone of note makes it into the next round. I'm so excited for the next round.

5/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; December 18, 2014 at 01:01:59 PM.