View Single Post
Old December 2, 2016, 07:49:00 PM
Keldeo

The code base of Theseus: does a game engine that has had all of its major systems rewritten remain fundamentally the same project?

Anyway, normally I'd wait until I have a longer change log to post this, but it's unlikely that I'll be getting much done in the coming weeks thanks to (a) busy work schedule, (b) computer troubles and (c) Magfest so I'll do it now anyway.

As you can see, most of what I've done relates to the paradox cited at the top of the post.

4:54 PM 11/12/2016 Still rewriting pause menu code. Everything appears to be working. Some items implemented, particularly PP-related items. Also defined a bunch of important settings for Items and such.
3:12 PM 11/20/2016 Implemented TMs (although nobody's got their TM learnset set up yet). Can use escape sequences to insert special text into strings (particularly TM/move names and descriptions).
11:00 PM 11/25/2016 Began thinking about battles. Wrote code to generate NPC Pokémon.

There are also a couple other partially-completed things but I won't write about them until they reliably don't crash the game enough to put in the changelog.

Also also, Game Maker Studio 2 is out and I'm totally not going to waste my time trying to port it over to that (although it might be fun just to see how precisely it decides to blow up).

Download

Same rules as last time apply. Also same as last time, the Default version should work but I have no idea about the YYC version because my computer literally can't handle my own compiled code.

Version 7.0.2.17

Current lines of code: 24,668