View Single Post
Old December 1, 2017, 09:06:24 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
After reading many of your posts, I decided that I also want to, with a heavy heart, say my goodbyes to Victory Road.

I'm going to ramble a bit here, just warning you all:

I was introduced to this site by Reuniclus a little over 4 years ago, right before X and Y came out. That's crazy to me. It really feels like X/Y are still "new Pokemon games."

For those of you who know me, I am a very passionate competitive battler. Despite spending most of my time on pokemon s h o w d o w n, I have always possessed a deep love for that actual Pokemon games as well.

All throughout high school I was always looking to find people that I could share my love of competitive Pokemon, as well as Pokemon in general with. Finally, as a freshman in college, I had found it in Victory Road. A wonderful community filled with a vast spectrum of different individuals sharing the common interest of Pokemon.

I had a blast in the VR Gym League. I had a blast with the Team Lunacy events run by Nytz. I had some of the best times I've ever had on the internet hosting 4 different WiFi tournaments on here. Truly great times.

However, the most enriching experiences I've had on here came through connecting with the community. I have had the great fortune to meet and befriend a large handful of you. Hell, I was even lucky enough to meet 2 people I met on here in real life being Dragonite and PhantomxTrainer. Even for those I didn't get to know as well, you still felt like a second family to me.

I know I haven't been active for over a year, but the amount of nostalgia that this place holds for me is actually pretty crazy. I wish it could just stay here forever so we never had to let go of the past, but that's obviously very selfish of me.

*** One last thing! *** I would genuinely LOVE to stay connected to as many of you as possible. If you have a D i s c o r d and would like to reach out to me, my name on there is Matty Brollic #9690 .

Please don't delete or censor this, Cat.

Finally, I just want to give a huge thanks to everyone on here. For everyone I got the chance to meet, you've all enhanced my life and I am incredibly grateful for that. I also want to give a HUGE thanks to Cat and Yoshi for creating and maintaining this wonderful Pokemon haven. I don't think words can ever do their efforts justice.

Thank you all; good luck to everyone in all of their future endeavors. I wish you all the best, and with that, I bid you all adieu.
And thanka to Matty here, i won my very first and only VR tournament and also got to become a Gym Leader here as well.

Team Lunacy will live on! I'll keep it alive as long as i live!