View Single Post
Old September 21, 2016, 09:24:58 PM

Default Pokémon TCG General

I know everyone here is more into the video game part of all of Pokémon, but for the past two years or so I've been playing the TCG competitively, and I'd like to talk about that here, and possibly help anyone that's interested in learning and/or playing too. This can also serve as a place to talk about upcoming new TCG sets and cards.

This season coming, I'm looking at running a Giratina/Xerneas BREAK deck. Xerneas BREAK has an attack that does 20 damage for each energy attached to your Pokémon, so you can utilize things like Double Colorless Energy and Double Dragon Energy. Giratina EX has a pretty good attack too. I can go into detail a bit later if anyone is actually interested.

Also, I feel that a lot of people here will like the upcoming set, XY Evolutions. It features mainly cards from the original Base Set, with reworked attacks and HP, along with a few new EX and BREAK cards. I'm hoping they bring back the galaxy holo pattern on these that they got rid of in normal sets in Black/White. They've been used in promos, but they've always looked the best in my opinion.