View Single Post
Old December 30, 2015, 09:15:08 AM
Kyurem

Ugh, Mewtwo was a pain to get, but I'm now down to only needing to connect with Arceus. It'll probably be a while and I'm going to wait until I have a full Level 100 team before I tackle the final mission.

So far, though I've been using several different teams, I've really liked using Ludicolo, Gastrodon, and Politoed on a team, as a rain-based team. I can make the weather rain immediately upon changing a floor, and attack multiple enemies at a time with Ludicolo's Surf, which would normally damage my allies, but Gastrodon's Storm Drain makes its Special Attack go up instead, and Politoed's Water Absorb will heal it a little. And, due to Ludicolo's Swift Swim, I get to use the move twice in a round. So Ludicolo ends up dealing TONS of damage, Gastrodon gains +2 Special Attack to back up its potent Water Pulse and Earth Power, and Politoed heals ~30 HP per use of Surf. Not to mention that Ludicolo's other moves, Energy Ball and Ice Beam, hit twice as well! And to top it all off, all Water moves become more powerful, so Ludicolo's Surf, Gastrodon's Water Pulse, and Politoed's infamous Hydro Pump are all strengthened. And I don't need to worry about setting up Rain Dance either because unlike in the main series, I'm not wasting my turn setting up since most enemies spawn so far away from me. Altogether it's a pretty tough strategy that has only really failed me against weather-negating opponents.

For the record my starter (Serperior now) is at Level 68, so I've got a ways to go. But some of my faster-leveling connections (the Flabébé family comes to mind) are already Level 100. It also seems that evolving does not affect base stats, so for those of you who would rather use Pikachu instead of Raichu, for example, there's nothing hindering you outside of a more shallow movepool (or not, in the case of Stone evolutions).