View Single Post
Old September 5, 2014, 04:54:31 PM
Rayquaza

A Meditite Fight - In this episode we meet Brawly's "Girlfriend" Battle Girl Shawna which is a reference to a random trainer in Brawly's gym who own a Meditite. Team Rocket's plan in this episode is apparently to dig as many holes and hope they fall in one, seriously. I like how they're making references to training and strategy that Ash learned from training to defeat Brawly. This is a big deal but it will come to play a lot bigger in DP. Now the battle between Ash and Shawna has to be stopped because there's a hurricane on the way, even when there's danger Brawly still has to use his lame sufer lingo to save everyone.
Brawly: Sometimes Pokemon dudes know more about human dudes.
Me: AGH!!!
We then get more character development from Shawna and Brawly being "deep" I can't tolerate him when he's talking normally and I can barely tolerate him when he's stupid smart talking smart makes no difference. And of course Team Rocket betray the group yet again despite saving there lifes, you'd think by now they'd just let them die but this is a ids show whatever.
Brawly: Mega Colossul
Yes 4kids seriously thinks that's surfer slang, oh well I only have to tolerate him for one more episode then I'm done. This episode has good fights in it and good character development but oh man do I still hate Brawly's dialogue.

4/5

Just one of the Geysers - Brawly wants to have there rematch in a training cave because having it in the actual gym would be safe! Seriously this is just a disaster waiting to happen. Well at least it makes Team Rocket's appearance short even if it takes the first six minutes of the episode. Aside from that this is a good gym battle despite being pretty slow episode plus Brawly doesn't spew as much terrible dialogue as the his other episodes.

4/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 5, 2014 at 05:15:33 PM.