View Single Post
Old January 31, 2016, 06:44:11 PM
Giratina

Hmm... I don't post here too often anymore. I mean, after all, it's been well over a year. So what brings me back to my favorite little thread? Well... read on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
I present to you my first remix!

This... is not all that good. XD But it was my first time experimenting with FamiTracker, and I wanted to do something sorta simple. The only thing I really like is the bass, which I also messed up, so... don't say anything about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Look at the first post. The joke one. That was like my first song I created in FamiTracker, or first FULL song anyway. So many failure jingles... It's been a little over half a year (I thought February was 6 months after July. Am I stupid?) since I started, and I thought I should make some sort of... halfiversary of my progress. But this song was still pretty difficult to do and I'm never going to try it again, not even in another 6 months.

I did the whole thing without looking at the old one, so it was almost like starting all over. This version has added guitar and complex drums along with the reworked Square and Bass. Now I'm gonna take me a pretty long break from doing music stuff. Either 2 weeks or another 6 months.
So... I decided to go back on my word and I totally did it again. But it's 2 years later, are my old words even valid anymore? Ah well, here's the fresh blood.

To anyone who happens to not stalk my Facebook profile (Which I hopefully assume is everyone), I've officially started what I call "a new era of FamiTracker." I'm beefing up my style and I wanna be just like my idol one day... and I'm doing all I can to get there! So for the occasion, I thought it would be sappy and totally freakin me if I took it back all the way to where it began. And I just found a mostly-empty file for this remix just sitting in my flash drive, waiting to be completed. It was fate.

You should all know this song by now so I won't go too deep into what I did. I just used a new DPCM set (that I sampled myself~), completely reworked Noise, the typical Triangle + Sawtooth subbass, distorted guitar with VRC6 pulses, and that oh so recognizable square.

Now, hold me to my word, guys. I WILL NEVER TOUCH THIS SONG EVER AGAIN...
Unless I can somehow sample in Roxie saying "Dogars"... now there's a thought...