View Single Post
Old September 12, 2014, 05:05:51 PM
Rayquaza

Watts with Wattson - Our heroes have already entered Mawhile City, that was pretty fast considering how long it took them to get to the third gym last time. Wattson is kind of a sadist, I mean having a robotic Raikou appear to challengers who might attack them. Then again this is the guy who made you of all people go into a power plant to turn off the power. All Wattson is apparently the leaders last name which is weird since this show never reveals characters last names let alone not revealing the first names so it's weird hearing our heroes refer to him as Mr.Wattson. As gym battle it's pretty underwhelming, well actually that's probably an understatement, basically Pikachu was overcharged by the Raikou robot that attacked them and he's able to ohko all of Wattson's pokemon. Personally I can't blame the writers for doing this I've using Ash's Hoenn team in Ruby but I gave up because I had so much trouble defeating Wattson. It's also pretty refreshing to see Ash own a gym leader plus there hasn't been such a big gap so I'll let this slide. Pikachu is now sick because it's become overcharged
POKEMON SCIENCE. Wattson is upset over the loss and he's wondering to New Mawhile and he's now planning on abdoning the gym Oh No! But that doesn't matter because he's befriended an Elektrike! Elektrike has a really creepy voice. Of course Wattson is present just in time to fight off Team Rocket who are stealing pokemon with a mecha. Why do they only have these plans when someone is present? I like how Ash wants to give the badge back because it wasn't fair, yeesh Ash that battle was still more fair a majority of you Kanto badges but at least this shows Ash's character development.

4/5

HOLY COW I'M NOW DONE WITH POKEMON ADVANCE IT ONLY TOOK TWO YEARS! This is still a far faster pace then Linkara's history of Power Ranger and I will continue to post until Battle Frontier Airs where I might just binge watch the whole thing because I enjoy it so much as well Diamond and Pearl but at slower pace probably. Tommorow I'll post a summary of my thought on the season and on Sunday I'll post a review of Jirachi Wish Maker.

What you seed is what you get - I never thought about but this the opening to Advanced Challenge had a lot of evolution/capture spoilers. As for the song itself I really enjoy it starts off slowing building itself up and giving us a payoff becoming fast paced. Our heroes are now heading towards Fallarbor town for another pokemon contest and they come across some watermelon. I can't help but wonder if they're actually using Watmel Berries. This does become a good excuse for Ash to try to teach Treeko Bullet Seed. I like the character of the day in this episode she's lovably eccentric. Oh man this is the first episode were they introduce trainers choice the first makes sense but these get stupider as time goes on. I like Electrode's reaction to Meowth's fantasy in this episode, he's like wtf.

He is so sick of your garbage. Treeko has almost mastered Bullet Seed which is great since it finally gets a grass move. Ash looses to the character of the day but that's good since whenever a pokemon beats its evolved form it never evolves into it. That was a good episode.

4/5

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 12, 2014 at 05:36:37 PM.