View Single Post
Old December 19, 2014, 05:11:43 PM
Rayquaza

Thinning the Hoard - It's revealed that Drew has an Absol and its appeal goes off great. We then see May's contest rivals watching the GF, that's right all two of them. Ash is still having trouble with a Aipom and decides must catch it now he fails but he gets his hat back. May's appeal goes over great. The group then finds out that he's yelling at Absol over getting it's attacks correct as if he's not well connected with his pokemon. Solidad and May have a good talk then Ash and Brock have a good talk with Drew. Of course Harley is May's first opponent in the second round. Harley's Cacturne is taken out very easily but May still has to deal with a strong Wigglytuff. Aipom shows up again but she's interested in the contest. Not to distant foreshadowing! The battle feels pretty rushed but it's still okay. However that's okay because Harley has a minimal role GF the real lead is Drew vs May.

5/5

Channeling the Battle Zone - The battle between Drew and May is awesome, both pokemon get back and fourth with no clear winner throughout. However May manages to pull through by having Combusken learn Overheat and using Sky Uppercut moving onto the semifinals finally getting her first victory against Drew the person who beat her in the GF it is very satisfying. However it's time for the Semifinals against Solidad but Aipom runs off before it can start. Aipom clearly got pumped from the battle and wants on as well and Ash finally catches it. I like how this huge crowd watches him doing this even Max questions what's going on. Also Scott then shows up. May's battle against Solidad goes very poorly because May's stratagy is just like Ash's of using flashy attacks which leads to Solidad to take advantage. This is agood parallel to point out and it's great set up for what's to come. I love how the group confronts May telling how proud they are of her and she ends up crying over her loss anyways. It's powerful character moment which I love. Solidad ends up winning the entire thing. May says goodbye to Drew as he leaves but this isn't the last we'll see of him. Despite the pace this GF was even better then the last one.

5/5