View Single Post
Old October 14, 2010, 08:31:31 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Double post just to tell you that the latest version of Pokemon (DISALLOWED) has GENERATION FIVE POKEMON. I'm making a team right now, so expect lots of updates that are more than speculation!
I reckon you weren't around when Gen V testing was going on? It was held on Pokémon (DISALLOWED), and you could try the new metagame with all the 649 Pokémon. That is how I posted a lot of information in my previous post(s).
Anyways, now that Gen V has been fully established, I think the information provided will definitely be more reliable. *Rushes to start planning a new team*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I would that Kaz.
Please tell us a lot about what you find.
Asking Kaz to post information when I used to tell you about the metagame changes, and you said you didn't care so much about it? I find that very strange.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I promised a write-up on Erufuun, since it was, to my surprise, extremely common when I was doing the testing. Here it is:

Name: Erufuun
Pokédex entry: #547
Type: Grass
Ability: Mischevious Heart - Non-attacking moves have a higher priority (+1).

Base stats:
HP - 60
Attack - 67
Defense - 85
Special Attack - 77
Special Defense - 75
Speed - 116

You might think that such stats, excluding speed, make this guy a pretty mediocre Pokémon, but don't let that fool you. Sporting:

-an enormous base speed of 116,
-an excellent ability in Mischevious Heart,
-a very wide supporting movepool which includes Encore, Substitute, Leech Seed, Taunt, U-turn, Light Screen and Stun Spore.

Please welcome one of the most extreme threats in the 5th generation metagame (and I really mean that). Having a priority Substitute, Leech Seed and Protect, this gives room for some annoying stall using the SubSeed combo, and with Taunt it can prevent all kinds of set-up no matter how fast the opponent is thanks to its ability. This allows it to effectively shut down all sorts of walls or support Pokémon, and also cripple sweepers with Encore. Just imagine something like Salamence with 2 DD boosts being unable to hit because of getting trapped by priority Encore! Not only that, but since Erufuun will most probably not be used as an attacker, U-Turn will find a great usage in scouting and switching into appropriate counters once Erufuun has done its job successfully.

The only flaw I see in this guy is his typing, which gives it a whopping 5 weaknesses to some common types, and coupling that with poor defensive stats means that any super effective attack will kill it. However, with the right support Pokémon in the team, such as Shanderaa, the opponent is ensured a deadly end which is almost impossible to escape without getting affected in some bad way.

I've already tried this as a lead myself, and it has done me miracles. It prevented all the opposing leads from setting any entry hazards and/or attacking in the battles which I had, forcing them to switch out. This has given me chance to get the SubSeed combo up, or get a Pokémon of mine a free switch in. All these merits arguably make Erufuun one of the best, if not the best, stall breaker alongside being potentially the fastest anti-lead and supporting Pokémon in the metagame.

Last edited by Shadow; October 14, 2010 at 08:32:02 AM.