View Single Post
Old October 14, 2010, 11:21:37 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Sweeet. So it won't be all theorycraft now. I'll head there to and make a team.
Btw, I still believe shanderra is a huge huge threat. With shadow tag and that massive special attack alone its easily gonna be the best revenge killer. X-x
Shanderra actually isn't as big as we thought it would be. Once it nets a revenge kill, it is easily countered by the next Pokemon brought in, and being Pursuit-weak makes Tyranitar able to deal with it calmly. Heatran also has a good time with it. Anyway, I made some new finds...

Burungel
Water/Ghost

HP: 100
Attack: 60
Defense: 70
Sp.Atk: 85
Sp.Def: 105
Speed: 60

Total: 480

This lady is made to be a specially based Spinblocker, which makes it an amazing counter to a very popular spinner: Starmie. Thunderbolt does less than 50%, so you can have fun with Recover and launch off some Shadow Balls or Energy Balls, its really up to personal preference. The Sp.Atk stat isn't amazing though, so you can't rely on this thing to support such a role. Hell, I wasn't even able to OHKO a Garchomp with Ice Beam with Burungel. Don't let that turn you off the idea of using her though, she is great at what she does.

Vaporeon may seem like a better Pokemon and hey, he just may be, but Burungel has some nice qualities, mostly with her being a Ghost-type. This makes her an amazing Spinblocker, and since we lost the Rotom formes as blockers, Burungel makes up for Wash Rotom well enough. Boil Over is a great Water-type move with 80 BP and a 30% chance of burn that nearly every Water-type gets, but Burungel can use Wll-O-Wisp for a more reliable burn status. Indeed, this Pokemon is shockingly bulky, and has great abilities in Water Absorb and Cursed Body. The latter of the two may disable the last used move of the foe, which can be quite nice.

Sazandora
Dark/Dragon

HP: 92
Attack: 105
Defense: 90
Sp.Atk: 125
Sp.Def: 90
Speed: 98

Total: 600

This guy has better stats than Flygon everywhere, except the 2 lower Speed points, and as such performs similar duties. I use this guy as a Choice Scarfer with Draco Meteor, U-Turn, Surf, and Fire Blast. This guy has a great in and out strategy, and you can't ignore that gorgeous Sp. Atk stat. I haven't tested out Dark Pulse or Earth Power yet, as I have mainly been going for coverage, but they could very well be usable. Look out for Blissey when using this guy. As long as you do, he will impress you.

Pendora
Bug/Poison

HP: 60
Attack: 90
Defense: 89
Sp.Atk: 55
Sp.Def: 69
Speed: 112

Total: 475

Bug/Poison? Base stat total of 475? Get ready for NU... ohwait never mind this guy is amazing. Sure its stats are low, but they are high in all the right places. Running a Jolly nature with 252 Speed EVs, this thing has surprised MANY MANY MANY battlers with its amazing speed. They have brought in things that receive an easy OHKO because they don't expect this guy to outpace them. As such, Pendora makes a great Swords Dancer, since it gets fantastic moves like Megahorn, Earthquake, Poison Jab, and Rock Slide. Nice, no? Anyway, not only can it try for a sweep, but I use it as a lead. It is THE fastest Toxic Spikes user in the entire game, making it a nice enough lead. Plus it has the Attack stat to really dent foes. Use this Bug well and you won't be disappointed. Definitely one of my favorites of Gen 5, without question. Plus it looks awesome.

Hihidaruma
Fire

HP: 105
Attack: 140
Defense: 55
Sp.Atk: 30
Sp.Def: 55
Speed: 95

Total: 480

I haven't tried out the odd "Daruma Mode" form of Hihidaruma, but the regular one is pretty nice. Boasting 140 Attack makes this odd thing an amazing Choice Scarfer that can rip some Pokemon in two pieces. If your a really risky person you could attach a Choice Band on it and let it destroy everything in sight, but 95 Speed is only decent at best.

This thing doesn't play like Infernape, since it will be coming in and out a lot. This makes having a spinner key, as Stealth Rock is as common as ever, and Spikes only went up in usage. Otherwise, poor Hihi won't be lasting long. Good thing it gets nice moves like Flare Blitz, U-Turn, Earthquake, Superpower, and Rock Slide. He's good, but he's not great. He dies really quickly if you misplay and can't come in on a whole lot, so be careful with this guy.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; October 14, 2010 at 11:24:32 AM.