Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Walkthroughs and Let's Plays
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 12, 2010, 12:53:17 PM
Shaymin

Default iMovie formatting test video

I notice right off the bat that more scan-lines appear on my TV now, and the widescreen formatting cut off the top and bottom parts of the screen. Any other problems you guys see?

I might use iMovie more often as I adjust to it.
Old September 12, 2010, 06:03:32 PM
Floatzel

You sure the scan lines aren't because of the camera you used to record it? Also, you might want to use it in "standard" mode for 4:3 videos. Maybe you should invest in a video capture device for this kinda stuff to improve quality exponentially. And iMovie is much better than Movie Maker.

Also, in regards to the actual gameplay, I couldn't see: did you have the Gravity Suit on? I think the suit you were wearing was the Varia Suit, but the color was too washed out to determine whether the Gravity Suit was on. Also, how far are you in the game? You were in Norfair in the earlier segments, but it didn't look as if you had the Spazer or the Plasma Beam. Oh well.

And I perfectly agree, Other M walljumping is so much easier than Super walljumping. I played the game on my DS (emulators/flashcarts FTW) and had more trouble walljumping than in any other game that supports walljumping.
Old September 12, 2010, 06:40:01 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAppleFreak View Post
You sure the scan lines aren't because of the camera you used to record it? Also, you might want to use it in "standard" mode for 4:3 videos. Maybe you should invest in a video capture device for this kinda stuff to improve quality exponentially. And iMovie is much better than Movie Maker.

The Mac came first. The capture card comes second. And believe me the capture card WILL be obtained. Somehow.

The scanlines do show up because of the camera; and that's an issue I have since the settings on the camera make my TV look like crap (i.e. those scanlines, the giant black bar moving up the screen, those don't actually show up when viewing)

Is there a way for me to render in 16:9 WITHOUT the cutting off of the top and bottom screen?

Also, in regards to the actual gameplay, I couldn't see: did you have the Gravity Suit on? I think the suit you were wearing was the Varia Suit, but the color was too washed out to determine whether the Gravity Suit was on. Also, how far are you in the game? You were in Norfair in the earlier segments, but it didn't look as if you had the Spazer or the Plasma Beam. Oh well.

I was in Norfair, I had 35 missiles, 5 super missiles, the Spazer Charge beam, the Power Suit, the High Jump Boots, Morph Ball/Bombs, and that's all.

And I perfectly agree, Other M walljumping is so much easier than Super walljumping. I played the game on my DS (emulators/flashcarts FTW) and had more trouble walljumping than in any other game that supports walljumping.

In games that succeed Super Metroid, walljumps are actually more LIMITED than they are in Super, so sequence breaking is damn near impossible.