Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Debate
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 16, 2010, 08:17:18 AM
Kyurem

Default Guitar Hero vs. Rock Band

The two major games where you get to play guitar. But the question of which is better is easily debated.

Guitar Hero has been around longer, so it's already gained fandom by the time Rock Band came out. Rock Band was first released for only the PS3 and XBox 360, and let's face it; most people here have a Wii. It even took a while for Rock Band 2 to get to the Wii. Guitar hero is great in the fact that it's hugely multi-platform. Several for Wii, PS3, and X360, and one or two for the DS. But what I love most about Guitar Hero is that it's easy to play; Rock Band's interface is much too complicated. GH also has good taste in music.

In the end, I say Guitar Hero wins.
Old December 16, 2010, 11:52:34 AM
Giratina

Nismo and TRDRS, you were only looking at the guitar category but each of these games has moved far beyond that, so I believe this should not just be a discussion over the guitar category. If it was then GH would easily win considering the word guitar is in the name of the game.

I am going to have to go with an overall win for Rock Band. Why? Well, I'll tell you what - They were the FIRST game to add drums and vocals. And trust me, to this day RB still has a better drum kit and the vocals are easier on RB. Also, they have the Pro mode on RB3, much better then GH.

With this said, though, GH does have some strong points. For example, they are better than RB in, well, the guitar category as I have said previously. Again, his is only obvious considering the title of it. GH also has song creation and customization which can be enjoyable at times. My only problem with RB is that the guitar sucks, which is why I have been using my GH3 controller for the last 4 years on 5 different games.

I myself enjoy both of the franchises as they both have strong points but I'd easily go to RB if I wanted to play anything but guitar. I'd also say that RB has better options for playing with multiple people and a great leaderboard and online system. Overall I will have to give it to Rock Band for the title of better game.

Last edited by SK; December 16, 2010 at 11:54:39 AM.
Old December 16, 2010, 04:50:05 PM
Haxorus

guitar hero because same reason as nismoz. my only problem with gh is the drum controller. i've had it for less than a year, with taking good care of it, and the yellow button and pedal are already broken.

Last edited by 11Trident11; December 16, 2010 at 04:52:27 PM.
Old December 16, 2010, 05:24:47 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Trident11 View Post
guitar hero because same reason as nismoz. my only problem with gh is the drum controller. i've had it for less than a year, with taking good care of it, and the yellow button and pedal are already broken.
Have you even tried vocals? Or Rock Band itself? I should also mention the note highway is better on RB, GH's note highways can confuse you while RB's is a solid black.
Old December 16, 2010, 05:27:42 PM
Haxorus

Guitar Hero only because my opinion is biased because I've only played GH and not RB.
Old December 16, 2010, 06:21:02 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
Have you even tried vocals? Or Rock Band itself? I should also mention the note highway is better on RB, GH's note highways can confuse you while RB's is a solid black.
i've tried vocals, but i can't really say anything about it since i seldom use it for i dislike singing. also some gh games allow a solid black note highway, meanwhile rb's to complex (yes i've played it before)
Old December 16, 2010, 07:07:18 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Trident11 View Post
i've tried vocals, but i can't really say anything about it since i seldom use it for i dislike singing. also some gh games allow a solid black note highway, meanwhile rb's to complex (yes i've played it before)
RB complex? You mean the highway? Look at this.

It's black if you don't have a 4x multiplier, at which point it turns blue - Still staying at only 1 solid color. The usual gold pops up when you go into overdrive as does the light blue when you use star power in GH.

RB itself is not complicated either, it's the same as GH. Choose a song and play it. Heck, RB3 even has achievements. That makes games multiple times more fun.
Old December 17, 2010, 02:01:21 PM
Haxorus

I'm not biased, actually. Both games are epic in their own ways.

GH doesn't have keyboards or Pro mode, but RB has LaRoux and Lady GaGa, which aren't so much ROCK as they are STUPID POP.

They're balanced, through my eyes, for those reasons and mmore.
Old December 17, 2010, 07:51:06 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorempoleon2 View Post
I'm not biased, actually. Both games are epic in their own ways.

GH doesn't have keyboards or Pro mode, but RB has LaRoux and Lady GaGa, which aren't so much ROCK as they are STUPID POP.

They're balanced, through my eyes, for those reasons and mmore.
Isn't Lady Gaga on the Lego version or something? Trust me, they'd never put her on the real game (RB4 is next, I guess). And since Lady Gaga pretty much has all party music, why not put her on a game geared towards family oriented fun? Just sayin' o3o
Old December 18, 2010, 07:43:17 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
Isn't Lady Gaga on the Lego version or something? Trust me, they'd never put her on the real game (RB4 is next, I guess). And since Lady Gaga pretty much has all party music, why not put her on a game geared towards family oriented fun? Just sayin' o3o
No, she's DLC. And if you SERIOUSLY think that Lady GaGa is family-oriented, your music lover's liscence is hereby revoked.

Last edited by emperorempoleon2; December 18, 2010 at 09:00:58 AM.
Old December 18, 2010, 09:15:56 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorempoleon2 View Post
No, she's DLC. And if you SERIOUSLY think that Lady GaGa is family-oriented, your music lover's liscence is hereby revoked.
Its more of saying that her songs are party songs, not that they are suitable for younger children. They can't even play RB or GH. They should be outside playing or something. o3o

But yeah, it's DLC. Don't get it if you don't want to. Point is they would have a very small chance of putting Gaga or something related on the main setlist of a RB game.
Old December 18, 2010, 10:23:45 AM
Shaymin

Rock band for sure! I love Guitar Hero, but it just can't compare to the complete awesomeness that is, the Rock Band drums.