Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 15, 2011, 02:54:12 PM
Magikarp

Default Question about PRS and music arrangement

Apologies if this question crosses a line, I honestly don't know where to put it

I'm a traditional musician (and a huge Pokemon fan!) and I frequently make arrangements in digital music programs. However, my bank of sound samples (midi, vsti, dls, sf2) is dismally small and I have great difficulty finding better ones. As a result, I rarely publish what I make because it sounds so weak.

I have been a follower of PokeRemixStudio's works for several years, and I'm blown away by the quality of his work, and the quality of his samples and digital instruments.

My question is: Does anyone here know what samples he uses, and where I could get similar, high quality ones?

I know he uses FL Studio, I have a similar music studio with a wide range of compatibility for files. Thanks in advance
Old September 15, 2011, 04:05:01 PM
Kyurem

He got a thread for this in Ask about Staff, you may answer him there.
Old September 15, 2011, 04:25:05 PM

I've moved this thread to Music & Audio where all musicmakers can benefit from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaldeoxys View Post
Apologies if this question crosses a line, I honestly don't know where to put it

I'm a traditional musician (and a huge Pokemon fan!) and I frequently make arrangements in digital music programs. However, my bank of sound samples (midi, vsti, dls, sf2) is dismally small and I have great difficulty finding better ones. As a result, I rarely publish what I make because it sounds so weak.

I have been a follower of PokeRemixStudio's works for several years, and I'm blown away by the quality of his work, and the quality of his samples and digital instruments.

My question is: Does anyone here know what samples he uses, and where I could get similar, high quality ones?

I know he uses FL Studio, I have a similar music studio with a wide range of compatibility for files. Thanks in advance
For my orchestral instruments I mostly use Philharmonik. For synths, I use quite a few freeware VSTs, which can sound much more impressive if you use the right fx such as reverb, delay, and EQing, and I also use the the instruments that come with FL. I have the signature bundle, then called XXL. I also sample (render wav files of) demo versions of some fancier vst synths such as Gladiator and Predator.

For drums, I mostly use samples found on the internet in various places, like right here http://www.darkbeats.com/sampleswap/5000_DRUMHITS.rar
It's a nice collection of 5,000 drum samples.

I hope my advice has been helpful.

Last edited by PokeRemixStudio; September 15, 2011 at 04:26:18 PM.
Old September 15, 2011, 04:25:56 PM
Magikarp

Alright thanks, I'll get right to it