Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > The Official Victory Road Role-Play > Oldoak Town
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 3, 2012, 08:34:21 AM
Volcarona

Default Trey's Journal: The Beginnings in Oldoak

The alarm clock sounded, but young Trey Vertan was already awake, getting ready for his appointment with Professor Storax. He had trouble sleeping the night before, but that didn't bother him at all. It was only about a week ago that Professor Storax had contacted him and told him that a new shipment of starter Pokémon were in, and that his journey as a Pokémon trainer could finally begin! Being 14, he was ready to embark on this quest, so he told the Professor to make an appointment for him. He rushed down the steps, putting on his shoes as he descended. Then, he opened the door out of his house, and stepped into the beginnings of his new journey...
Old September 3, 2012, 08:54:03 AM
Shaymin

Outside Trey's home:
Trey's house is close to the center of the small town. Most of the houses there were up against the forest edge. Instead, his house (and only one more house) was in the middle. So bother to the left and right of it were houses that were on the outer edge of Oldoak. There was a small pond that was all the way across the town from his house. On the house to the left an old lady was watering a window-plant. A slow Tangela followed her around, obviously her friend. The Lab was actually behind his house. So he wouldn't be able to see it when we walked out the door.

Old September 3, 2012, 09:07:34 AM
Volcarona

Trey walked around Oldoak's forest edge with a sort of forlorn feeling, as if he wouldn't be back in his hometown for a long time to come. This, he knew to be true. He put his feet on a sort of autopilot that he often did, and began daydreaming about his childhood here...

Trey woke up from his daydream and looked at his watch, hoping that he hadn't been gone for too long. "Oh no, I'm going to be late! I don't want to have to wait until a new group of starters arrives!" He frantically sprinted across the town, taking every shortcut possible. Going past his house, he slowed a bit, knowing that the lab was now right in front of him. He came up to the door, and rang the doorbell. He eagerly waited for an answer...
Old September 3, 2012, 09:56:59 AM
Shaymin

The metallic, shiny door opened as soon as he pressed the button. It revealed a dazzling inside. It has amazing futuristic machines and lights everywhere. It was breathtaking to say the least for a person who has never experience it. For someone who has seen it everyday for years, it would be nothing. There was a man in a long white coat down at the end of the large building. He was very youthful and had light brown hair. He was at a cart with about 20 pokeballs on it. Moving them around for no appearant reason. His back was turned to Trey. It had to be Professor Storax.
Old September 3, 2012, 10:34:14 AM
Volcarona

Trey was in awe for a moment, for he hadn't seen the inside of the lab for a very long time, not since he had taken classes on proper Pokémon care about 8 years ago. After collecting himself, he walked up to the man in the lab coat, and tapped his shoulder. He was unsure of what to say up until that moment, and he found the words flowed as if he had been practicing them for a lifetime. "Hello, Professor Storax? It's me, Trey. I scheduled an appointment with you to recieve my starter Pokémon about a week ago?"
Old September 3, 2012, 11:08:29 AM
Shaymin

Storax turned around very calmly. He looked at Trey very blankly. He kinda just stared at him for a minute and said. "Oh. Trey, yes I remember now. I have so many appointments that I forget many of the people I speak to." Though he was charming in looks, you wouldn't have expected him monotone voice. "Hello, Trey, it is nice to meet you!" He held out his hand to shake. "I was just priming the PokeBalls!"
Old September 3, 2012, 11:32:25 AM
Volcarona

Trey shook Professor Storax's hand, and chuckled a bit awkwardly. "Wait, so each one of these has its own Pokémon in it, and I get to choose which one will be my starter? But, there's so many of them..." He began looking over the wide selection, counting no less than 18 possible companions to start his journey with.

Last edited by ThePokeMan; September 3, 2012 at 11:33:25 AM. Reason: Forgot a word ^_^'
Old September 3, 2012, 03:27:18 PM
Shaymin

"Haha, yes. You can pick any of them; They all are selected for a starting trainer. They should help you suitedly." He said with a smile. All of the balls were labeled with what pokemon inside. "Go ahead." He urged.
Old September 3, 2012, 04:53:03 PM
Volcarona

Trey looked at each ball carefully; printed on each one was a different name. He assumed these were the species' names, and realized that most looked familiar. Then, it hit him; these were the 18 basic starters, memorized by everyone before they become a Trainer. He thought back to them. There were the Grass-types, the Fire-types, and the Water-types, and then the 3 others, being Mareep, Skitty and Starly. He thought carefully, imagining being a companion with all of them. He quietly wished you didn't have to pick just one, when he was struck with a sort of epiphany. He stared at one near the right end, and looked at the Professor. "I want that one," he said to Professor Storax, "Skitty."
Old September 3, 2012, 06:21:09 PM
Shaymin

"Ahh! Good choice! I also adore Skitty! Go ahead take it! It is all yours now." Said Storax. He was smiling brightly. Professor Storax was always happy to see the moment when a trainer got his first Pokemon. "So, you haven't had a Pokemon before, right? Are you going to do anything special that you wanted to have one?" He said, initiating conversation.
Old September 4, 2012, 03:44:05 PM
Volcarona

"Well, there are a few things I'd like like to do with my new Skitty," Trey said, grabbing the Poké Ball that contained Skitty, "like give it a nickname!" He marveled at just how many things had opened to him now that he had his first Pokémon. "There's some more things I can do too, like battle and take on the Pokémon League. I suppose for now I can start with the nickname..."
Old September 5, 2012, 04:48:29 PM
Shaymin

"Good idea, go ahead and nickname Skitty!" He then got a troubled look. "Many of my trainers do go on and take on the gym league. But let me warn you not many make it far. There are many obstacles in the way of it. And especially now more than ever."