Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > The Official Victory Road Role-Play > Oldoak Town
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 4, 2012, 06:33:12 PM
Giratina

Default The Adventures of the Sandbox Kid

Y'know, it's not all days that you wake up and wonder when it is you'll finally die, or when your family might die. It's not every day that you see the sun not as a sign of hope, but as the ray of piercing light trying to split your already severed soul in half. Not every day is a sorrow filled day with a mother who can't support any of her 5 children, and one of them, being me, left to spend all his time raising them. Well, ever since dad left, that's how I felt. Mom couldn't really keep stable through 5 different kids on her own, and I still wonder why he left and where he went. I've always wanted to go on an adventure, to help support my family more, to make some real friends, and to confront my father. But, you know, that all might just happen.

I woke up one morning, fumbling for my glasses as usual, doing the daily morning preparations, and made my way downstairs, trying to avoid as many people as possible so I could make it to the basement to my latest project. However, the smell of a freshly cooked egg wafted in from the kitchen, and I just could not resist.
Old September 5, 2012, 06:03:41 PM
Shaymin

There stood Harold's mom. She was at the kitchen making some eggs. She had a limp-dazed look on her face. Like she wasn't even paying attention to the world. All of the kids were sitting at a table waiting for food. Then the eggs started to sizzle a little (Burning). But Harold's mom didn't even seem to notice.
Old September 6, 2012, 09:20:21 PM
Giratina

(Time to give some detail about the kids, but not too much since they're not important!)
The youngest, a girl, was sitting at the table with proper etiquette waiting for the food. The twins, about a couple years older, were banging on the table with fists and utensils. Lastly, the eldest, about 5 years younger than me, was sitting with a look in his eye as if he were staring at something greater. He was old enough to know how bad our position was, but the others were still young and ignorant to the suffering. Each had an empty plate in front of them.
I snatched a plate from one of the twins, since they usually share a plate and ruin the other anyways, and walked up to my mom. "Hey mom, scrape me up a plate real quick. I've got a feeling today will be amazing, and I'll need all my time, energy, and focus," I said as I set the plate near the pan. And that's when I remembered something else, a note that I got earlier. "Oh yeah, and I'll be out for a while. I got a note telling me to go to Prof's lab today. Maybe those specially imported berries have finally arrived for our special dinner."
Old September 7, 2012, 08:16:45 PM
Shaymin

His mom sucked his lip and said "Okay" meekly. She didn't take her eyes off whatever she was staring at that whole time. And she never changed her blank expression. The children seemed to be getting fussy. They seemed to be fussy for their food.

Last edited by teamplasma; September 7, 2012 at 08:19:32 PM.
Old September 13, 2012, 03:32:43 AM
Giratina

I ate my eggs, cleaned my glasses, grabbed my bad, and headed out the door. I couldn't take that depressing atmosphere much longer. The kids feel safe, but I know in my heart that they could be much better. But I don't dwell on that too long, for I will make the greatest achievements this world has ever seen and I will make enough money so we can have the right living conditions! "I wonder what kind of berries the professor has for me today," I thought out loud to myself. "I hope he's got some Pecha, I can turn that in to something good." As I thought, the distance to the lab grew shorter and shorter.
Old September 13, 2012, 05:41:27 PM
Shaymin

Outside he was welcomed by a very windy day. Not a very warm welcoming for such a great day. Though it was violently windy, it was still sunny, which was a little odd, because the only two weathers that people were accustom to was either storming or sunny. To the right of the house was a large tree that wasn't really connected to the nearby, bordering forest. It bared apples. The Lab was a block to the left of his house. A pond was directly 2 blocks ahead of his house. It was know to he the home of many pokemon. It was also the mark of the bottom side of the town.
Old September 17, 2012, 10:00:13 AM
Giratina

As I neared the lab, I noticed the pond in the distance. The surface glimmered in the sunlight, which is odd, since it was also very windy today. I saw some of the local Pokémon leaping out of the water playfully. It's times like this where I truly wonder how much my life would've changed if I went on a Pokémon journey years ago, I thought to myself as I went along my way to the Professor's lab. As I approached the building, I knocked on the entrance and yelled "Yo Prof.! I'm here for the stuff!"
(By the way, what would his name be?)

Last edited by TurtwigX; September 17, 2012 at 10:00:36 AM.
Old September 17, 2012, 05:06:52 PM
Shaymin

(Read the About Oldoak page)

The door automatically opened. He must had forgotten that the door was automatic. Inside was a scene that Harold had seen many times before. A shiny silver room with many machines and technologies covering all the walls except the back one. That won was occupied by the desks and tables that the Professor stayed at most of the time. "Well hello Harold!" Professor Storax said. "How are you?"
Old September 17, 2012, 07:02:17 PM
Giratina

I jumped as the door slid open when I neared it. "Wow..." I said as I slowly walked in, "this is worse than the time I got confused with push and pull doors." I took a deep breath as I was with something very familiar to me: machinery. Ahh, what a beautiful thing. Maybe that's why I liked coming here. I straightened my glasses, pushed them back, and said, "I'm doing great today, Professor. You got the berries I asked for?"
(Oh, I remember it now! I saw it before, I totally derped XD)
Old September 19, 2012, 01:48:29 PM
Shaymin

"No, but I got something better. I think it is time that you got your Pokemon journey. So I have obtain the 18 standard Pokemon for you. And you may choose one!" He gestured towards a cart that had 4 rows of 4 and one row of 2 PokeBalls. Each has a label on them that said the name of the Pokemon that it held. "How does that sound?"
Old September 20, 2012, 09:00:17 PM
Giratina

I was completely speechless. I didn't know what to say at that point. I was even stammering in my head. The thought of finally going on a journey of my own and leaving my very saddening life? Maybe even scoring cash along the way? Now that's more of a dream come true! "O-o-of course!" I finally managed to stammer out. "I-I'll definitely choose something! Th-th-this is great! Oh but there are so many... umm... how about the big and fluffy sheep one? Mareep is what it is, right? This is quite the occasion, but make sure you get those berries to my family, alright?"
Old September 21, 2012, 02:58:37 PM
Shaymin

Storax laughed. "You most definitely have that one!" He handed the PokeBall to him. "You may look at it if you want, it is yours now. And yes I soon will give he berries to them." Professor simply was elated by this situation, it always did bring him great joy.

Last edited by teamplasma; September 21, 2012 at 03:00:20 PM.
Old September 27, 2012, 11:31:51 PM
Giratina

"Wow! This is great! I don't even know what to do first! Probably tell the family and get ready to... leave them for the first time..." I wonder what it would be like to actually leave home. Whatever the feeling, it must be exciting, as I couldn't stop bouncing. "Can I give you a hug, professor?"
Old September 28, 2012, 02:40:47 PM
Shaymin

The professor what exactly opposed to the idea, but it was a strange won to purpose it. "Umm.. Sure." He said holding his arms out. Professor smiled in a silly manner, he wasn't used this sort of thing.