Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > The Official Victory Road Role-Play > Oldoak Town
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 4, 2012, 11:03:46 PM
Floatzel

Default Jack's Adventure: Part 1 - Oldoak town

As Jack walked out of his house that morning, he was greeted with a cold breeze. Jack is'nt very talkative, so he did'nt say hello to the many people who greeted him on the way to the lab. Finally he arrived at the proffessor's door.
Old September 5, 2012, 06:52:17 PM
Shaymin

(Take your time and pace yourself next time. Short posts like that will not be good here.)

When Jack walked up to the Lab's door it opened automatically. Inside it revealed a shiny and metal interior. Everything was metal and flashy. There were many machines and desks lining the wall. At one of the many desks sat a tall man. He was youthful and better than average looking. He seemed to be working on something.
Old September 10, 2012, 09:40:26 PM
Floatzel

Jack stopped and looked around, adimiring the pokemon posters and pictures on the wall. Jack was wondering of he should distract the man or wait until he his finished with what he is doing. Jack decided that he would distract him. He walked over to the desk and asked "Are you the proffessor?"

(Are we allowed to do speech?)

Last edited by Creepachu; September 10, 2012 at 09:41:22 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old September 11, 2012, 04:21:53 PM
Shaymin

The man turned around in his spiral chair and looked at the boy. "Yes I am the man you are looking for. Who are you?" He said. He said it like it was routine, and like he had asked it a million times before.
Old September 13, 2012, 06:41:46 AM
Floatzel

"My name is Jack, and i am here to get a Pokemon from you and begin my Pokemon journey, if that's okay with you" jack said in a rather unpleasant tone.
Old September 14, 2012, 02:17:16 PM
Shaymin

He had heard many people say the same thing many times before. "I am sorry and don't seem to be rude, but one doesn't not just take my Pokemon, Jack. These are my pokemon and I will am the one giving it up. Now lets try this again." He suddenly noticed that he too sound rude and then felt bad. "So, what would you plan to do after you get your first pokemon?"
Old September 14, 2012, 09:51:08 PM
Floatzel

"I plan to become the Champion of the leauge, and the greatest trainer on the planet" replied Jack.
Old September 15, 2012, 02:54:30 PM
Shaymin

You do realize that takes skill and much practice, dont you?" The Professor didn't really like this guy, he was too arrogant. But that didn't mean he didn't have to do his duty.
Old September 17, 2012, 09:54:50 PM
Floatzel

"Yes, obviously" Jacks said rather unpleasanlty. "So yes or no?"
Old September 19, 2012, 05:00:24 PM
Shaymin

He took a sigh. He didn't trust this boy, not at all. He seemed like the type that would abuse his Pokemon, not cared for them. He didn't want to give this person a Pokemon of his own, it didn't seem right. But he knew that his duty was to supply trainers with the necessary items they need for a journey. "Yes." He said with a reluctant tone.

He went over to a cart, it held 18 Pokeball that were all labeled with the pokemon inside. "These are 18 select pokpemon that you can choose from. They are all suited to the trainer. Let me rephrase, through my studies in psychology, I found that many people pick a pokemon that are most similar to them. Basically the pokemon that you pick, will be just like you." Professor smiled.
Old September 20, 2012, 07:55:36 AM
Floatzel

"So, which pokemon are in these Pokeballs?" jack asked. "There had better be some decent ones. I doubt it though, humph!"
Old September 20, 2012, 03:18:01 PM
Shaymin

Storax sighed. "Each PokeBall is labeled. You may release any of the pokemon so you can observe them."
Old September 21, 2012, 11:08:47 AM
Floatzel

Jack picked up the first pokeball. "hmmmm...". Jack released the pokemon inside
Old September 21, 2012, 03:05:00 PM
Shaymin

Out of the PokeBall came a green, plantlike Pokemon. It had a green plant growing from it's back. "This is Bulbasaur." The professor announced.
Old September 22, 2012, 05:40:59 AM
Floatzel

"Hmm... a grass-type i presume". "How about this one?" Jack picked up another Pokeball and released the pokemon inside.
Old September 22, 2012, 06:23:08 AM
Shaymin

The professor sighed, he was just picking them at random,and they all had label with their names on them. When he released the pokemon a bird came out. "This is Starly." Starly started flying when it was released, but then stopped soon after. Starly seemed to be more serious that Bulbasaur, who is happier than Starly.
Old September 24, 2012, 06:54:46 AM
Floatzel

"Hmmm... i like this one..." Jack said. "I'll take it"
Old September 30, 2012, 09:22:04 AM
Haxorus

"Which one?" the Professor asked in confusion. "The Starly or the Bulbasur?" He gestured to each as he said their names.
Old September 30, 2012, 09:46:22 AM
Floatzel

"The Starly, proffessor" Jack said
Old September 30, 2012, 05:27:28 PM
Haxorus

"Okay then, the Starly is yours, Jack. Please be kind to it." Professor Storax said. He was very nervous about giving the Starly to Jack, but he decided to trust the boy anyway. "Are you going to give it a name?" he asked.
Old October 2, 2012, 03:15:55 AM
Floatzel

"Yes, i shall call it Seph"
Old October 2, 2012, 02:32:46 PM
Haxorus

(Please add a little more to your posts. Though I know it's just dialogue, adding the character's thoughts and feelings would make your posts more detailed. Thanks. :3)

"Well then, enjoy your time with Seph," Professor Storax said. "This Starly will be your new friend, so treat it well." The Professor once again pushed any bad feelings to the side. "Do you have any questions for me before you leave on your grand adventure?" he asked.
Old October 9, 2012, 09:47:36 PM
Floatzel

"No. I would like to get going now". Jack just wanted to be out of this lab and on his journey.
Old October 10, 2012, 05:46:19 PM
Haxorus

Yet again, the Professor was miffed at the boy's behaviour. So rude! he thought.
"Okay then," he hesitantly replied," Good luck on your journey!" He waved and wandered off to one of his machines.

Outside, the day was much nicer than before. The cool air had been replaced by a slight wind that provided the perfect relief from the warm day. Many people were out and about, enjoying the weather. A mother pushing a strollered walked by some children playing, and a group of joggers headed down a path with sign that read "Paradora City". A boy about Jack's age lazed around the sign, searching the small crowd (which may have consisted of Oldoak's entire population). He appeared to be waiting for someone. When he spotted Jack, he locked eyes with him and approached.
"Hey, are you Mike?" he asked casually.
Old October 10, 2012, 09:45:53 PM
Floatzel

Jack was sure he'd never seen this boy before. "No, i'm not Mike. Who are you, anyway?" Jack replied rudely.
Old October 14, 2012, 06:12:14 AM
Haxorus

The boy looked confused and consulted a slip of paper he was holding.
"If you're not Mike... Then are you Jack?" he asked. "Oh, I'm Sam," he replied. "My grandpa asked me to wait around for new trainers and help them out a little. He's been doing that for years now, but he had to go to Paradora today for a doctor's appointment, so he asked me to do it!" Sam looked pretty pleased with himself. "Even if you're not Jack, I can tell you're a new trainer and I'm supposed to help you out." He took off his backpack and started rummaging through it.
Old October 22, 2012, 06:44:02 AM
Floatzel

"How exactly can you help me?" Jack was confused.
Old October 22, 2012, 02:11:56 PM
Haxorus

"By giving you these," Sam replied, pulling out two handfuls of red and white balls. He counted out five and handed them to Jack.
"Poké balls," he said. "You can use them to catch wild Pokémon." Sam rummaged through the bag again, and pulled out two more similar-looking objects. "These are potions, you can use them to heal your Pokémon after battle," he informed Jack. He closed up his bag again and slung it over his shoulder.
"Do you need any other help?" he inquired. "I'd be happy to tell you anything else. If not, I guess you'd best be on your way!"