Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > The Official Victory Road Role-Play > Oldoak Town
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 5, 2012, 03:06:03 PM
Cyndaquil

Default Shaanu leaves home!

After his alarm clock beeped for a full five minutes, Shaanu bolted awake.
"That's what the alarm was for! I'm getting my first Pokémon today!"
He got breakfast (toast with Oran jelly) and his favorite outfit (his mom's least favorite) and bolted with a quick "Bye Mom!"
Old September 6, 2012, 01:59:43 PM
Shaymin

Please add a little more next time.

Outside was a cold and rainy day. It was extremely unusual for Oldoak town to have rain, or even be cold. It was even more unfortunate that the Labe was 2 blocks away. The rain had made the people become shadows (Of course metaphorically) and the pokemon were put into hiding. The used-to-be dirt pathway is now mud, so the unpleasant site of it now lead itself around town. But the Lab was still where he had to go.
Old September 8, 2012, 01:01:54 AM
Cyndaquil

Shaanu's running stopped short on his porch.
"What? Rain?" Shaanu hated rain, most of the time, at least. He ran back to get his umbrella, and tripped on the stairs.
"Shaanu?" his mother called. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah, Mom!" Shaanu yelled as he ran back out the door to the lab.
"That child, always in a rush. Why can't he slow down?"

(Should I add more?)

Last edited by pikachuguy; September 8, 2012 at 01:02:27 AM.
Old September 8, 2012, 06:03:18 AM
Shaymin

(From now on, yes. You should ad more of what you feel, and what you see and what things are like. There are many things in a post that you could have in there.)

When Shaanu ran outside, he just stopped when he got in the middle of the road. The lab still wasn't that far. To the left was a house with an old lady staring out at him. Honestly it was creepy to anyone who could see it. She didn't do anything but stare, and rarely she blinked. Now Shannu was only 1 block away the lab, and it was really close to him, about 6 yards now.
Old September 9, 2012, 05:17:31 AM
Cyndaquil

"Okay, that's just really creepy. What is her problem?" He walked up to the old lady's door. The door was a deep blue, almost the color of a Wailmer. Oddly enough, the door had no knob.
How does she get in and out without a knob? Shaanu wanted to ask the woman why she was staring and get on his way, but apparently, she preferred to take her time rather than rush. Shaanu decided to look around, then remembered. He forgot to knock!
Knock knock... The door made a hollow sound, like a drum, almost. Shaanu waited for the woman to answer the door.
Old September 9, 2012, 07:54:40 AM
Shaymin

Right after the first knock the door opened. But besides an old lady opening the door, it was a Mr. Mime. It was an odd Pokemon to see in this part of the Region. But another thing that should be ringing alarms is 'Why haven't I seen this Pokemon before.' The Mr. Mime then just walked away into a room to the left of the door.

The whole house was only illuminated by candlelight, and by the looks of it, none of the house had electricity. The Mr. Mime lead Shannu into a room that the lady was looking through the window of. You could notice from the outside, but she had one of those panoramic windows that took up the whole wall.

Old September 15, 2012, 04:08:41 AM
Cyndaquil

"Excuse me, lady, why were you- wow, this window can see everything!"
Out of the panoramic picture window, Shaanu could see a lot of Oldoak Town. The lab was to the left, and his house was to the right. He actually could see all the way down his block and the way to the next route.
"Wow, I wish I had a window like this."
Then he remembered.
"Laby, why were you staring at me?"
Mr. Mime walked into the room.
Old September 15, 2012, 03:11:28 PM
Shaymin

The elderly woman didn't turn her head at all. "I am sorry, did I bother you?" She still seemed fixed on the outside scenery.
Old September 15, 2012, 09:30:53 PM
Cyndaquil

"Why are you just staring? And how did you get a Mr. Mime all the way out here?" Shaanu was getting a bit impatient, and was trying not to show it.
The lady kept staring.
"Mr. Mime, could I use a pen and paper, please?"
Mr. Mime walked into another room and returned with a pen and a few sheets of paper.
"Thanks!"
Shaanu wrote, in big letters, a message. He grabbed tape from his bag and taped in in front of the lady's view.
WHY ARE YOU STARING? is what it read. The lady stared as if it were not there.
"Gah! I'm going to be late! Then again, if I'm late I could "get stuck" with a Pikachu, like that legendary guy. Hehe, Pikachuz are awesomez..."
Then, the lady turned.
Old September 16, 2012, 02:50:00 PM
Shaymin

(Remember that this is the Starting Pokemon available)

The elderly lady turned. "I will not stand for this rude attitude in my own home. And do not shove things in my face. Now, would you please leave." The lady had a stern look on her face. She was extremely annoyed by this boys attitude. She could hear him the first time and didn't need the boy being rude.
The Mr.Mine held up his hands and they started to glow, he obviously didn't like Shaanu either. "Miime!"
Old September 16, 2012, 11:37:54 PM
Cyndaquil

"Sorry! Sorry... I just got a bit impatient. I didn't mean to be so rude. I just wanted to know why you were staring at me. It was... creepy."
Mr. Mime cooled its hands. It still, however, looked suspicious.
"Please forgive me. I'll be going now, if you really want me to."
Shaanu started walking towards the door. The old lady said nothing.
"Sorry to trouble you, boy, but what is your name?" the old lady asked.
"Shaanu. And what is yours?"
"I believe that answer will have to wait." The old lady replied, oddly enough with a smile.
"Ok then, I'll be going. Goodbye!" Shaanu was let out by Mr. Mime and noticed that the rain had slowed to a drizzle. He ran the rest of the way to the lab.
Old September 17, 2012, 04:40:13 PM
Shaymin

(Be sure not to control other people too much. But only because I like what you did am I accepting it. :3 )

Shaanu arrived at the lab and stepped towards the door. The door automatically opened, revealing the inside of the metal building. The inside was shinier than the outside. Many silver and amazing machines lined the inside wall. The back wall was lined with desks, tables and charts. At one of those desks ws Professor Storax, a youthful and smart professor.
Old September 20, 2012, 03:18:58 AM
Cyndaquil

(Sorry, got a bit carried away.)

"Sorry I'm late, Professor. I got a bit delayed talking to an elderly lady." Shaanu was nearly breathless from running two blocks.
"That's ok. People come late a lot here - you'd be surprised." The professor led Shaanu to the Pokémon showing room in the back. Shaanu walked by rooms with Bidoof hooked up to treadmills and rooms with wires and Magnemite. One room even had a sleeping Snorlax! Shaanu was extremely excited about what Pokémon he would get.
I'd love Chimchar or Tepig, but Mudkip or Turtwig are cool too... I do really love Electric types, so maybe Mareep?
Shaanu's thought were interrupted when the reached the room's door.
Old September 23, 2012, 06:14:08 PM
Haxorus

(Erm, please don't control the Professor next time. Thanks.)

Professor Storax stopped in front of a cart filled with neatly organised Pokéballs. In his kindly voice, the Professor said,
"Here they are, my treasured Pokémon. I have worked so hard to train them, it's hard to give them away..."
The Professor stared at the shiny red and White balls for a moment, lost in thought. Then he cleared his throat and continued,
"But I do give them away, so that there can be a new generation of trainers. I can give you one, perhaps, and start you on you way. But first, what was your name? I see so many faces it's hard to keep track of them all."

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; September 23, 2012 at 06:14:35 PM.
Old September 24, 2012, 02:20:22 AM
Cyndaquil

(Ok. No controlling professors.)
Shaanu was still staring at all of the cool machinery.
"Oh, my name is Shaanu. Nice to meet you, Professor Storax."
Shaanu looked at the Poké Balls now, wondering what was inside each. He imagined himself with a Piplup by his side, swimming through cold waters. He imagined a Torchic, running around defending against evil Foongus. He imagined a Bulbasaur, Vine Whipping back Geodudes.
Then, he stopped daydreaming, because he thought he heard the professor talking.
Old September 24, 2012, 06:06:06 AM
Haxorus

Professor Storax smiled when Shaanu introduced himself. He remembered the boy now. "Right, Shaanu. I'll remember that now," he said, then he gestured to the cart. "You may choose any one of these Pokémon, their Pokéballs are labelled. Feel free to let them out, if you'd like." Storax looked at the boy expectantly.
Old September 27, 2012, 08:17:13 PM
Cyndaquil

"Alright! I know exactly what I want!"
Shaanu extended his hand toward one of his favorite Pokémon - Chimchar.
"Chimchar, I choose you!" Shaanu hollered, quoting the lines of a famous trainer.
"I shall call you Magmonk!" The Chimchar, now named Magmonk, cheered with his naming.
"Chimchar!"
Old September 27, 2012, 08:33:07 PM
Haxorus

The Professor smiled at the sight of the Chimchar looking up at Shaanu quite happily. He loved to watch new trainers choose their Pokémon. He was a little concerned at how fast Shaanu had chosen, but he wasn't going to mention it.
"Magmonk, what a wonderful name!" Storax exclaimed. "I hope you two become very close. Now, I have a few things to give to you, Shaanu," the Professor said more soberly. "These will help you on your trip. Five Pokéballs to catch new Pokémon with," he paused as he passed Shaanu five gleaming red and white orbs. "And two potions, which you can use to heal your Pokémon," he continued, passing those over as well. "I hope you use them well."
Old September 27, 2012, 09:26:06 PM
Cyndaquil

"Thanks, Professor!"
Shaanu backed the Poké Balls and Potions in his bag and slung it around his shoulder. He looked again at all of the machinery on his way out. He really liked the lab.
"Magmonk, let's go catch some Pokémon!"
"Chimchar!"
Shaanu raced Magmonk back home.
Old September 28, 2012, 02:30:58 PM
Shaymin

It had lightened up since he was in there, the rain went from a small strom to a slight mist. It was as if someone was spraying a hose hand had their thumb over the head of it. This had cause one or two people to make the morning walk to where ever their routine took them. The fast of light, however, did not lighten up. It was still the same dark as it was before.
Old September 30, 2012, 12:04:32 AM
Cyndaquil

"Mom! I'm home!" Shaanu arrived home to his mother vacuuming. Macho, his mother's Machop, was making spaghetti and Tamato Berry sauce for dinner, by the looks of the counter.
"Chimchar!" Magmonk jumped up at the counter, trying to grab a berry.
"Shaanu! I though you were leaving directly from the lab!"
"No, I'm leaving in the morning. But look! I chose Chimchar!"
"I see. He's trying to get the berries."
Macho handed a Tamato berry to Magmonk, who ate it in one gulp.
"Chimchar!" Magmonk danced around happily.

When Shaanu's father came home from work, they ate dinner. Magmonk ate the Tamato sauce and barely touched the pasta. They joked with him, asking "Would you like some pasta with your sauce?" They watched a new episode of Doctor Who and then Shaanu had to go to bed. Since Magmonk expressed no interest in going in his Pokéball, he slept on a pillow by Shaanu's feet. Shaanu dreamed of his team he would use to battle the Elite 4.
"Magmonk, the Awesome Infernape!
Pika, the Pikachu of Doom!
Gastorik, the Squishy Gastrodon!
Von Schmidt, the Slicing Leafeon!
Balloony, the Scary Drifblim!
and Data, the Intelligent Metagross!"

He had dreamed this dream many times, and had a notebook specifically for planning he carried everywhere.

In the morning, he ate a breakfast of Rowap Butter toast, Oran juice, and Enigma Sausage (Enigma berries have lots of protein!). He packed essentials, his mother delayed, and Magmonk ate most of the Tamato berries, but he finally left around nine. He had started his Pokémon journey.

(If this is too long, please tell me. And I do control my family, right?)
Old September 30, 2012, 06:28:49 AM
Haxorus

(Yeah, you can if you'd like. I really like what you did with it so, no, I don't think it's too long.)

Outside it was lightly misting, reducing how far Shaanu could see, but not really getting him all that wet. It was much better than yesterday's rain at any rate. The path to Paradora started close to the lab, so Shaanu would have to walk back over there. There were a few people out and about, but none were particularly remarkable.
Old October 4, 2012, 07:13:59 PM
Cyndaquil

"Ok Magmonk! We're going on a journey!"
Shaanu and Magmonk ran along the path, whizzing past the lab and onto the route to Paradora.
"Hey Magmonk!" Shaanu said while running. "You think we'll find any Pokémon out here?"
"Chim chim Char!" Magmonk was optimistic.

(Do I stay in this thread until I actually reach Paradora?)

Last edited by pikachuguy; October 4, 2012 at 07:14:33 PM.
Old October 5, 2012, 05:54:30 PM
Haxorus

(Yup.)

The route to Paradora consisted of a wide path that was currently very wet. Shaanu and Magmonk had to be careful not to slip. Though it was hard to see very far ahead, it was evident that this path was poker straight for a very long way. Trees and bushes bordered the route, which occasionally far up ahead shook a little from the movements of the forest Pokémon. After not too long of a walk, a small Pokémon darted across the path rather close to the two and it headed for the forest on the other side. This attracted Magmonk's attention.
Old October 6, 2012, 02:03:14 AM
Cyndaquil

"Whoa! Magmonk, follow that Pokémon!"
Shaanu and Magmonk ventured into the forest, stepping over twigs and fallen berries. They followed the sound of the Pokémon.
"Chim, char chim char!" Magmonk was excited about the chase.
Finally, they got a clear view of the Pokémon.

(Is that too far for encountering a Pokémon?)
Old October 8, 2012, 09:55:48 AM
Haxorus

(No, that's good.)

A small purple Pokémon was right in front of them. It looked agitated and seemed very intent on getting away from them, but it was cornered. The Pokémon seemed unwilling to fight, but put itself in a defensive position anyway. "Rattata!" it called angrily.

Name:  Rattata.png
Views: 154
Size:  44.0 KB
Rattata
Male - Run away - Level 4
Tackle-Tail Whip- Quick Attack
HP: 30/30

Chimchar
Male - Blaze - Level 5
Scratch - Leer
HP: 34/34

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; October 8, 2012 at 09:58:25 AM.
Old October 9, 2012, 12:31:27 AM
Cyndaquil

"Ok, Magmonk, Scratch on the Rattata!"
Magmonk jumped at the Rattata to attack.
Old October 9, 2012, 01:53:46 PM
Haxorus

The Rattata flinched away from Magmonk's attack feebly. Magmonk slashed at the purple Pokémon, making heavy contact. The Rattata attacked back, taking a big leap and tackling Magmonk in the stomach. The Chimchar gasped for breath. The Rattata retreated as far back as he could go, but maintained his fighting stance.

Rattata
Male - Run away - Level 4
Tackle - Tail Whip - Quick Attack
HP: 25/30

Chimchar - "Magmonk"
Male - Blaze - Level 5
Scratch - Leer
HP: 32/34
Old October 13, 2012, 10:46:40 PM
Cyndaquil

"Stupid purple rat! Use Scatch again!"
Shaanu realized that some Pokémon just aren't worth it.
Magmonk struggled up to attack.
Old October 14, 2012, 06:19:33 AM
Haxorus

Though the Rattata was ready for Magmonk's attack, he was surprised by the intensity in the Chimchar's eyes, which translated into a fierce attack. Magmonk struck ferociously, hurting the Rattata tremendously. The Rattata still managed to get a quick tackle in, but it was definitely very scared now.

Rattata
Male - Runaway - Level 4
HP: 20/30

Chimchar - "Magmonk"
Male - Blaze - Level 5
Scratch - Leer
HP: 29/34
Old November 20, 2012, 10:02:16 PM
Cyndaquil

"Ok Magmonk, keep at it! Scratch again!"
Do I have any Poké Balls? Shaanu thought. His forgetfulness was getting the better of him.
If I check, the Rattata might escape...
"Right! Professor Storax gave me some!"
Shaanu reached into his bag and grabbed a Poké Ball.
"GO POKÉ BALL!"
The Poké Ball flew though the air straight for Rattata.

Last edited by pikachuguy; November 22, 2012 at 02:10:02 AM.
Old December 15, 2012, 06:17:05 AM
Shaymin

The Pokeball flew and hit the Rattata's face and zapped him right in. The ball glowed and wiggled around on the ground, showing that the Rattata was fighting catch. The Pokeball broke and Rattata flashed back out of it. He snarled at Shaanu with more anger and determination before. With motive he used a Quick Attack on Magmonk. A blur of light his the Chimchar and made him a little unsure. Mostly unsure about Rattata and how easy/hard it will be to defeat this opponent.

Rattata
Male - Runaway - Level 4
HP: 16/30

Chimchar - "Magmonk"
Male - Blaze - Level 5
Scratch - Leer
HP: 26/34
Old December 15, 2012, 03:18:22 PM
Cyndaquil

"Magmonk, you know what to do!"
Magmonk jumped at the Rattata, claws ready for Scratching.
Wow, this Rattata is good... Shaanu thought.
What if it beats Magmonk?
Old December 15, 2012, 03:32:37 PM
Shaymin

The Rattata took the hit and allowed the Magmonk to get close. With the opportunity he used a close up tackle on Magmonk and hit him as well has he hit him. Rattata was smart but wasn't too proficient in his attacks. The wit in the untrained pokemon was really aw-inspiring, especially for such a basic pokemon. Rattata tried to gain some distance between them before another command was given.

Rattata
Male - Runaway - Level 4
HP: 11/30

Chimchar - "Magmonk"
Male - Blaze - Level 5
Scratch - Leer
HP: 23/34
Old December 15, 2012, 09:16:46 PM
Cyndaquil

"Wait a minute. Magmonk, use Leer! And get ready to dodge!"
Magmonk leered as best as he could, lowering the Rattatas's defense.
(Too far?)
Old December 16, 2012, 05:44:39 AM
Shaymin

(Yeah, a little far. The health on the Rattata is low, so I would just catch it now...)

Magmonk got into an intimidating stance and stared deeply at his opponent. It was a solemn and stone-cold stare that would just creep a human out. It did daunt fear upon Rattata successfully. Rattata was a little shaken but he retorted with another Tackle. This too was successful, but again didn't do much damage on him. The Leer kept Rattata vulnerable.

Rattata
Male - Runaway - Level 4
HP: 11/30

Chimchar - "Magmonk"
Male - Blaze - Level 5
Scratch - Leer
HP: 19/34
Old December 16, 2012, 09:18:03 AM
Cyndaquil

"Ok, let's try this again. GOOOO POKÉBALL!"
Shaanu threw a Pokéball at the Rattata. Magmonk watched intently, seeing if this time, the Rattata would be caught.
(I actually tried to catch it before, but it broke out.)
Old December 16, 2012, 09:50:20 AM
Shaymin

(Yeah... I know...)
The red and white Pokeball flew at Rattata. This time he was much weaker than before. The tim of the ball hit Rattata, zapping him up inside. The ball wiggled and Rattata struggled to get out. After a fury of sways the Pokeball clicked and it was still. Magmonk smiled widely, the battle was over!
Old December 16, 2012, 03:03:38 PM
Cyndaquil

"We did it Magmonk! We caught a Pokémon!"
"Chimchar!"
Shaanu and Magmonk celebrated their new capture with some Pecha Jelly Shaanu's mother had packed.
"I'll name you Purple Doom Rat! Go, Purple Doom Rat!"
Shaanu, along with his orange fire monkey and purple rat, set off towards Paradora City.
Old December 16, 2012, 06:45:05 PM
Shaymin

The battle didn't take that long to go through so it was still a decent midday lighting. The sun shined down on the dirt road the Shaanu walked to Paradora on. Quite a few were walking the trail at this time. Unfortunately Shannu was still at the beginning of the trail. This trail was one of the longest of the ones in the Traka Region.

There were plenty of the people on this trail to interact with.
Old December 17, 2012, 10:11:45 AM
Cyndaquil

Shaanu found himself thinking about the old lady.
Who was that lady? Will I ever know? ... He thought.
"Oof! Hey, watch where you're going!" A voice exclaimed.
"Oh, I'm sorry!" Shaanu had bumped into a boy much shorter than him.
"I was just lost in though, so I lost track of where I was walking. By the way, my name's Shaanu. What's yours?" Shaanu introduced himself.
"Thomas, my name's Thomas," the boy said. "I'm going off to Paradora City."
"So am I! Please, walk with me. I need someone to talk to," Shaanu said, relieved to have a human companion.
"So what kinds of Po- Hey, where'd Magmonk go this time?!" Shaanu started and stopped, irritated.
"Up there, in that tree!" Thomas noticed Magmonk eating a berry in the tree.
"MAGMONK!" Shaanu yelled. Magmonk giggled.

Last edited by pikachuguy; December 18, 2012 at 01:36:38 PM. Reason: To help Teamplasma!