Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 8, 2012, 12:14:08 PM
Charizard

Default Views on fitness.

Hey guys! I just wanted to know some of your views on fitness. Like going to the gym, playing sports, etc. Anything you guys love, or hate, or may think is pointless.

I personally love fitness. It completely changed my life and turned it around when things were absolutely terrible. I felt like there was nothing left for me, so I went to the gym and just ran, and ran, and ran. I ran for about an hour and a half and realized I completely forgot everything that made me think there was nothing left. So I kept doing it. I lost 30 pounds in 3 months, gained back another 30 in another 5 months, and then slowly gained another 15 pounds. I changed the way I eat, I tried new things, and now my body feels/looks healthy and my mind is at ease and feels refreshed.

Now I changed my major, from Computer Science to Kinesiology so I can become a personal trainer and a pro certified athletic trainer. I have a job waiting for me after college, and I just can't be any happier.

I have more to tell, but I don't want to fill this whole page up! If you have questions ask!

I don't know if any of you feel the same as I do when I go to the gym and work out, but I just want to see your guys' views on it.
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I didn't know where to put it!...) :/...
Old March 9, 2012, 06:01:52 AM

Well, I know that being physically active is important, but I'm lazy
I currently play golf and tennis and I really like both sports. The only thing I don't like doing is running; I am rather slow (Much like Reuniclus, eh? ). I like playing sports for fun, I could honestly care less about competition. The thing that I would want to change about myself is probably to be less lackadaisical.
Old March 9, 2012, 09:21:00 AM
Charizard

Those sports are fine! Being physically active is great though! You can hate running, I don't run much since last April. Right now (before the accident) I was training to get my body lean and really show all the muscles for a competition, but since I got in the accident, that has been delayed. But I have till December to really get lean and cut and a little bit bigger. Which I can't wait to get back into!
Old March 9, 2012, 11:47:27 AM
Landorus

Eh, I prefer to walk around if it's good weather in the summer, or it's some kind of harsh weather like heavy snow or rain. It's me though. Yes, it does help, but otherwise, I prefer to be a lazy ass
Old March 9, 2012, 01:18:05 PM
Charizard

Haha well no worries, you walk!
So am I the only gym/fitness junkie here on VR? xD
Old March 18, 2012, 09:52:08 AM
Regigigas

Lately I've been going in to work an hour early three days a week, walking all the way to our local Kroger and back, doing any errands and looking in other stores along the way. Been feeling better since I've started that. It's about a mile there and a mile back, so two miles three times a week.

There is also a fitness gym much closer to work, but can't really afford that.
Old March 18, 2012, 10:25:22 AM
Shaymin

I have small weights in my room that I do basic things with, nothing that is too stressing or anything. Just want to be healthy and want to make up for the 2003928634 hours a day I am on VR. I do about 100-200 sit-ups a day then your basic weight workouts.

EDIT: I should add I only have time to do the weights 2-5 days a week

Last edited by teamplasma; March 18, 2012 at 10:28:36 AM.
Old March 19, 2012, 07:34:33 AM
Regigigas

I do have quite a few weights, but generally too lazy to even mess with them. That and the fact I tend to move around quite a bit of weight at work. The risk of overtraining is a little high.
Old June 1, 2012, 09:29:08 PM
Charizard

I am a sharpshooter, and cutting down heart rate is what I go for. I am healthy at the moment, and my work outs of running and lifting heavy weights does its job. I am looking forward to cutting out all grains and breads this summer since I notice that these foods, and sugars, increase heart rate. Yes, that means I'll eat meat, fat, greens, and fruits more, but I use the method from this site: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz1wbwFVqKd
Old June 1, 2012, 09:35:41 PM
Kyurem

I would like my change the way I live my life, but I'm too lazy to even try. Oh well, I am who I am.
Old June 2, 2012, 01:01:42 AM
Giratina

I'm a laxer and a wrestler. I gotta! In PE, we go to the weight room A LOT. So I managed to get some in there. I also do a bit of boxing/jiu jitsu/mma. That of course also requires a lot of training for sure. Try punching thin air for like 2 mins. Arms got tired? Yea ik. However, I think I might be underweight.. Oh well, but yesterday, we had a school field day type of thing. And I'll just say- I've never run so fast in my life. I think I'm fast enough to do track if I wasn't in lacrosse. But its okay cause lax is life B) I used to be overweight though. I've been 100-105 pounds since 5th grade. I maintained it since too. Its almost high school and I think I could put on a few more muscle. As for shape, I'm definitely in it. I'm definitely more active than I ever was.

As for the place, this was a good place to post. or the discussions board. But I'll leave it to the mods aha
Old June 2, 2012, 01:03:54 AM
Rayquaza

Since February, I started working out and I have to say that things are getting better. Originally, I weighed 59kg, but currently, I weigh 64.5kg, which I find terrific! Gaining weight is really hard though, and I would like you to advise me with techniques that can get my body weight to increase while I am working out. My aim is to reach 70kg or 72kg. My height is 175cm, I believe.

Oh, something I noticed is that when I am feeling down, I completely lose the interest of working out and my body suddenly becomes weaker. I wonder if there is a solution for that... :S
Old June 3, 2012, 02:27:51 PM
Zoroark

I take Martial Arts. It's really fun
Old June 3, 2012, 03:07:17 PM
Giratina

I really should work out a bit more than once every... couple years?
I'm going to try to change that this summer though. I want to be fit enough to become a free runner.
Old June 10, 2012, 08:33:02 PM
Giratina

There is nothing that I hate more than fitness (Exaggeration, but whatever)
It's hot, disgusting, sweaty, and I get tired really easily. Not to mention that I happen to be a very VERY lazy dude.
But I go to Kung-Fu practice every Tuesday and Thursday, so can I really complain?
Old June 10, 2012, 08:38:48 PM
Haxorus

I generally like exercising when I get around to doing it. Sometimes I'll go for a walk for about a mile or so, I do jog sometimes, I'll do sit-ups, and I lift weights. Yet I am still not very fit. I'm not like, fat or anything, but I'm not skinny.

Last edited by alternateshadow300; June 10, 2012 at 08:39:07 PM.
Old June 10, 2012, 08:55:56 PM
Shaymin

I'm not exactly the fittest person, but I'm not in the worst either.
Almost anytime I get to, I will try to do small workout. But I am slowly trying to get into a better workout regiment. Just for the sake that I don't wind up too unhealthy.