Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements > News Archive > VGVids

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 17, 2012, 08:22:35 PM
Administrator

Default VGVids: On Hiatus

Well, I figured this would happen. VGVids is yet again being placed on hiatus. For me, this is nothing new, but this is my first time I've really told anyone about this. Now, be sure to know this: VGVids is not cancelled and never will be cancelled. I've been working on it for nine years (as of this month, actually), and it could easily take another year before it's fully ready.

Sorry for the expectations, everyone.
Old August 18, 2012, 05:04:05 AM
Haxorus

Fully understand Cat. We are glad you are at least telling us what is happening and going on so there are no riots or such.
Old August 18, 2012, 06:40:08 AM
Giratina

If I may ask, why was VGVids put on hiatus? Too busy to work on it? Never feel like working on it? Coding issues?
Old August 18, 2012, 07:06:32 AM
Shaymin

Yeah, like I told you, I totally understand these website difficulties. Hopefully you can find help.
Old August 18, 2012, 07:15:20 AM
Kyurem

With every single passing day, it always seemed like that the VGVids program is like a mirage of sorts. Or a mystery. Something that one that may never know until it really goes like.

Even though it's on hiatus... I do trust you that you should be able to continue working on it. I know that you're super dedicated to things... it's something like me, to be honest. Never give up, never surrender, never... well, some things never change And that's a good thing.
Old August 18, 2012, 08:03:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
If I may ask, why was VGVids put on hiatus? Too busy to work on it? Never feel like working on it? Coding issues?
If I had to guess, I'd say it's because:

1. He was given another project to work on (one that pays)
2. School starts again a week from now.
Old August 18, 2012, 08:53:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
If I had to guess, I'd say it's because:

1. He was given another project to work on (one that pays)
2. School starts again a week from now.
The first reason is mildly applicable, but the second is the primary one. Beyond those two, see the next question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
With every single passing day, it always seemed like that the VGVids program is like a mirage of sorts. Or a mystery. Something that one that may never know until it really goes like.

Even though it's on hiatus... I do trust you that you should be able to continue working on it. I know that you're super dedicated to things... it's something like me, to be honest. Never give up, never surrender, never... well, some things never change And that's a good thing.
I've pretty much put it on hiatus to remove expectations of due dates so I can work on it on my own leisure rather than be forced to get a lot of work out on a week that I happen to have some nasty physics homework. It has felt like a mirage for me too, especially back in '04~'06 when I didn't have an ability to actually put anything online. Some early beta docs for Mario Minus World exist around July 2006, but I was overwhelmed back then. Just trust me that it's not going to die. I don't think I could kill a nine-year-old project that's over 80% done.
Old August 18, 2012, 08:53:59 AM
Shaymin

Don't worry about it, Kitty-Cat! Take all the time you need? We understand that yiu just dont have the time, and we don't want you to rush it, because then it's nearly impossible to do a thorough job. I'd rather wait longer for something that I know has been well-thought out and that you can rely on all aspects of the project to work smoothly. I'll wait as long as it takes. :3

Unimportantness    

On a completely unrelated note...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I don't think I could kill a nine-year-old project that's over 80% done.
You might not be able to do that, but the team that's been working on that Megaman game for 10 years cancelled it 6 months before release.

Last edited by Luxray13579; August 18, 2012 at 08:57:23 AM.
Old August 18, 2012, 09:10:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
You might not be able to do that, but the team that's been working on that Megaman game for 10 years cancelled it 6 months before release.
Capcom is notorious for cancelling games after releasing a lot of media about them. Don't worry, I don't work for them.