Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support > VRAC

Notices

VRAC Victory Road Adoption Center

Search this Thread
Old November 11, 2011, 02:59:30 PM
Administrator

Default Feature Requests

Got some features to suggest? Drop 'em here!

Features that have been suggested    

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Oh, so we aren't doing the whole "You-can-make-it-look-all-first-generationy" or what ever?

Edit: Also, Why you look at your own adoptable, it would be great to see everyone who clicked it.
I make no guarantees.
Quote:
I think It would be marvelous is we has a shop! Like with Lucky Eggs, EXP Shares, and Rare Candies. Maybe even accessories for your pokemon ^^
I make no guarantees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
Double level days. You know, like certain days of the month or special days of the year give each click on your Pokemon two levels instead of one.
This will happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuvatTenlii View Post
Also, you should have a way to make it so that your Pokemon can interact with others'. Not sure exactly how, but I think that's worth looking into.
I make no guarantees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzball View Post
Maybe have contests for receiving Legendary Pokemon? :3
This will happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverX View Post
How about a option to add a description of your adoptable to it's page? Such as a little background story, or maybe it's powers?
You could also put a character limit onto how long the description of your adoptable could be.
This feature is confirmed to be added in the future.
Quote:
Okay, here are some other features I thought of;
A 'Bulk options' list on the top as well as the bottom of the 'My pets' page. If we're editing a lot of things spread out through the top of a rather large adoption list, it'd be easier just to put another button on the top of the page for people's convenience.
And option to organize our pets into list/folders. Such as 'Shinies, Everstones, fully evolved, etc.'
Just a thought.
The first feature is confirmed to be added in the future.
I make no guarantees on the second feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
Will we be able to trade adoptables at any point?
Quote:
(You've seen this in the chat -towards Cat- but,) The bulk options list should be near the top of the page along with the bottom of the page in the "My Pets" area. It should make it easier to double check what you've checked while managing your latest pets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
With all this BW2 buzz out, and the sprites released... The new formes!

Suggested features that have been added    

Quote:
Maybe organize the Users page alphabetically, i.e. have a separate page for each letter (or number/symbol).
Quote:
So can there be a place that gives like a random list of 10 or so pokemon that you can rub like in VictoryBattles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
PokeRemixStudio* @ 4:36:25am: Being able to select several adoptables and choose to generate the bbcodes for all of them to put in your signature would be nice.
PokeRemixStudio* @ 4:36:35am: So that I don't have to insert them one at a time.
Partially added:
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreon7 View Post
And I also liked the ability to list your pokemon in poked order.
Quote:
Have the ability to add Users as "friends" or "favorite users" so we can visit their adoptables daily without searching.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 28, 2012 at 05:44:53 PM.
Old November 11, 2011, 03:02:00 PM
Shaymin

Well to me it is a little depressing that each click is a WHOLE level! But that is huge... I think that it would be great if there where other ways to sort my pets like dex number or time adopted; you know.
Old November 11, 2011, 03:03:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well to me it is a little depressing that each click is a WHOLE level! But that is huge... I think that it would be great if there where other ways to sort my pets like dex number or time adopted; you know.
For the levels, I was thinking of incorporating views too, but I didn't want to overcomplicate things by having too many different statistics for them.
I was planning to add the sorting methods. Thanks for your request.
Old November 11, 2011, 03:54:03 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I was thinking of incorporating views too.
If you are talking about different generation views... Well I can help with that if you want.
Old November 11, 2011, 03:54:59 PM
Administrator

I am referring to the view counter and how many times the pet is looked at. There was going to be an experience system, but I scrapped it.
Old November 11, 2011, 03:58:36 PM
Shaymin

Oh, so we aren't doing the whole "You-can-make-it-look-all-first-generationy" or what ever?

Edit: Also, Why you look at your own adoptable, it would be great to see everyone who clicked it.

Last edited by teamplasma; November 11, 2011 at 04:13:21 PM.
Old November 11, 2011, 05:08:47 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Seeing as (I'm assuming) just about anyone who has access to the internet can click your adoptable, not just members of Victory Road, it can get a bit hectic trying to list everyone who has clicked your adoptable, including non-members. If we made it so you could see who clicked what, that means adding a line in the code that checks to see if the person clicking is a member, and if not, turning the [user-name-here] into guest[x]. This can lead to bugs, so I think it would be best not to add that feature.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; November 11, 2011 at 05:10:36 PM.
Old November 11, 2011, 05:13:10 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Seeing as (I'm assuming) just about anyone who has access to the internet can click your adoptable, not just members of Victory Road, it can get a bit hectic trying to list everyone who has clicked your adoptable, including non-members. If we made it so you could see who clicked what, that means adding a line in the code that checks to see if the person clicking is a member, and if not, turning the [user-name-here] into guest[x]. This can lead to bugs, so I think it would be best not to add that feature.
Well when you think of it that way it ISNT a good feature... I would use it to click back at the people. Guest should be able to be credited too.
Old November 11, 2011, 05:14:58 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Well, I do remember the old Floatzel Adopts using the MyAdopts code, and it had a list of the past 10 or so users who clicked that adopt. So it is possible.

Last edited by Shiny; November 11, 2011 at 05:15:20 PM.
Old November 11, 2011, 05:17:49 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Well, I do remember the old Floatzel Adopts using the MyAdopts code, and it had a list of the past 10 or so users who clicked that adopt. So it is possible.
Even so, it adds code that could cause complications and bugs, and I haven't noticed any bugs yet so I'd rather keep it that way.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm saying it's a complicated thing.
Old November 11, 2011, 05:21:17 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Even so, it adds code that could cause complications and bugs, and I haven't noticed any bugs yet so I'd rather keep it that way.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm saying it's a complicated thing.
Quit being a Debby Downer! I think it would work just fine, but what am I saying, I know nothing about programming a website.
Old November 11, 2011, 05:22:37 PM
Administrator

A "last clicks" list is certainly doable, but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea. I could hash/encrypt the IP addresses and use those as guest numbers, perhaps.

Quote:
That might be added. I am not sure.
Old November 11, 2011, 07:36:41 PM
Regigigas

As you requested, I'm just going to leave this here--

So can there be a place that gives like a random list of 10 or so pokemon that you can rub like in VictoryBattles?
Old November 12, 2011, 01:04:58 AM
Rayquaza

It would be nice if you can tell us how to adopt and what these codes are. I know nothing.
Old November 12, 2011, 06:00:49 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
It would be nice if you can tell us how to adopt and what these codes are. I know nothing.
Well first of, to adopt, you can go to the adopt page and select just about any pokemon under the rainbow. After you have press next name it then press nexet again. If you have a passcode, you copy the passcode and then go to the adopts page and select passcode (which is above bulbasaur) then paste the code in the box that pops up.

I believe there should be a better intro.
Old November 12, 2011, 11:17:05 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
1. Go to the adopt tab
2. Choose species, or if you have a pass-code, choose the pass code option.
3. If you are choosing a species, nickname it if you want. If you have a code, put in the code and then nickname.
4. Copy the BB code or HTML code and paste it wherever you want. The BB code is what you see in people's signatures. The HTML is something completely different and I have never had to use it, so I don't know about it.

This is pretty much what Plasma said in a step-by-step instruction manual.
Old November 12, 2011, 11:30:32 AM
Shaymin

I think It would be marvelous is we has a shop! Like with Lucky Eggs, EXP Shares, and Rare Candies. Maybe even accessories for your pokemon ^^

Last edited by teamplasma; November 12, 2011 at 11:43:06 AM.
Old November 12, 2011, 11:41:43 AM
Giratina

Double level days. You know, like certain days of the month or special days of the year give each click on your Pokemon two levels instead of one.

Or possibly, special days = special Pokemon events.
Old November 12, 2011, 11:43:56 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Along with what I said, that means we would need a currency! Which is always fun; bringing friendly competition.
Old November 12, 2011, 01:40:42 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I'll be working on the help documentation soon, which will include a tutorial.

Quote:
As you requested, I'm just going to leave this here--

Will do!

Quote:
Mmm, maybe. I was thinking about a shop the whole time, but I had no idea what to sell in it beyond special pets. (Buy Azelf for 400 points, anyone?)

Quote:

Or possibly, special days = special Pokemon events.
Double level days sound intriguing, and it's easy as pie to do. I think I might do that.

Special events are already planned. The Zorua is the first of many. (I know some of you already noticed some Pokémon are missing. That's what they're for.)

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 12, 2011 at 01:44:14 PM.
Old November 12, 2011, 02:01:18 PM
Shaymin

Well if you do open the shop then is it do-able to make Lucky eggs for like 1000 and rare candies and such, that doubles, or adds to you level... I really like the idea of an EXPshare.
Old November 13, 2011, 12:50:33 AM
Administrator

Hm, how would those items work?

Lucky Egg: clicks worth two levels?
Rare Candy: add a level?
Experience Share: click split among multiple pets?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 13, 2011 at 01:00:14 AM.
Old November 13, 2011, 04:20:18 AM
Giratina

The EXP share seems kinda iffy somewhere. If it's splitting the clicks, that could mean either levels go into fractions or each Pokemon gets a level.

If it's fractions, then the coding can get messy. If it's each Pokemon gets a level, then it kinda defeats the purpose of raising your Pokemon individually.

So in my opinion, I think Lucky Eggs and Rare Candies could work, the only problem would be where would you get them if there was no shop, and if there is a shop, where would you get the money? The EXP share system just seems to be variable, and could complicate the code.
Old November 13, 2011, 04:27:45 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
The only problem would be where would you get them if there was no shop, and if there is a shop, where would you get the money?
That is what I suggested, a shop, and currency. And then instead of just going willy-nilly, adopting like a loon, you pay a small fee for adopting. Things like that. But we are only discussing suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Hm, how would those items work?

Lucky Egg: clicks worth two levels?
Rare Candy: add a level?
Experience Share: click split among multiple pets?
Lucky Egg: Put it at a high price, it would be very very valuable.
Rare candy: Like you said.
EXPShare: Sounds like we would do it.
Old November 13, 2011, 04:34:41 AM
Rayquaza

Speaking of the currency, how should a member get the money?
Old November 13, 2011, 05:04:44 AM
Shaymin

Well what I have seen (on MyAdopts and such) You get <insert set amount of money> for clicking other people and half of the <insert set amount of money> for clicking yourself. But we could do it like the more you post you adopts the more you get, you know, what ever.
Old November 13, 2011, 05:26:23 AM
Rayquaza

I was thinking if it is possible to relate posts in Victory Road to the money obtained. The more a person posts, the more money he earns. In this way, not only VRAC would be getting active, but also posts on the forums will be encouraged. If this is possible, then it can go along teamplasma's suggestion, as it is a good idea too.
Old November 13, 2011, 05:39:22 AM
Shaymin

You see not all of my ideas are bad! And I think I did suggest that being one of the says of gaining money, just not so detailed... But yeah! Some one else likes my idea!
Old November 13, 2011, 05:50:19 AM
Giratina

While I wasn't too into the idea of currency, if it's based on posts, it will definitely increase forums activity. But what about the posts we have already made? Do we just get all the money at once?

And how much money would one post give? I think it should be a smaller number, so that way people will be more active to get more money. Obviously, areas in the forum that don't raise post count will not give any money.
Old November 13, 2011, 06:22:07 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
While I wasn't too into the idea of currency, if it's based on posts, it will definitely increase forums activity. But what about the posts we have already made? Do we just get all the money at once?

And how much money would one post give? I think it should be a smaller number, so that way people will be more active to get more money. Obviously, areas in the forum that don't raise post count will not give any money.
Such minor details can easily be agreed on as long as the process itself can be accomplished.
Old November 13, 2011, 10:22:26 AM
Shaymin

Well we DO have one then I think you should get % per post, and I think you should get it from like one point on, not like: say a user had 100 post then the currency starts, he wouldn't get $500. It is like from the point the currency starts is when you start getting income.
Old November 13, 2011, 10:46:28 AM
Giratina

Seeing as the forums haven't been super active, I say we do had a currency/shop system, like Plasma mentioned. Each post gives you around 5 currency, and adopting has a fee of 20 currency. This way, people will have to be active if they want to adopt a Pokemon. And the shop should have Rare Candies, which costs 500 currency and raises the level of a Pokemon by 10 (if it was 1, it wouldn't be worth it), Lucky Eggs, which gives each click on a Pokemon 2 rather than 1 and costs 2000, and there should be other various items that I can't seem to think of.
Old November 13, 2011, 10:54:29 AM
Shaymin

That's exactly what I was saying but, again with little details added... So yes, very well.
Old November 13, 2011, 12:44:54 PM
Regigigas

Caaaaaaaaan you give these pokemon genders? It feels a little impersonal if we refer to these little things as "it".

Also, you should have a way to make it so that your Pokemon can interact with others'. Not sure exactly how, but I think that's worth looking into.
Old November 13, 2011, 12:52:03 PM
Administrator

I'll continue to consider the currency and economy system.

Quote:
Caaaaaaaaan you give these pokemon genders? It feels a little impersonal if we refer to these little things as "it".

Genders were dumped as they served absolutely no purpose and only complicated things. I don't see a need to re-add them.

Interaction, hm?
Old November 13, 2011, 05:57:49 PM
Kyurem

I think splitting the users list and giving a search function on that could make things more convenient.
Old November 13, 2011, 08:25:20 PM
Landorus

I like Syra's interaction idea. The first thing that comes to mind for me is a pokewalker-like kind of thing. Y'know, they come together, "play around", or something like that, then you get a gift of some sort. It would be a way to get items/currency, if they were put in. Not sure if this was what Syra had in mind, just how my mind saw it, I guess.
Old November 13, 2011, 08:29:57 PM
Kyurem

If the Stats shown the highest level adopts or user with the most adopts, that'd be cool.
Old November 14, 2011, 04:06:28 AM
Shaymin

Sorry but back up to currency.

Earlier we all agreed that posting would be the best way to obtain money, well then if that is so then why would someone even click one someone elses adopts, it has no purpose to them. You see. So say you get $5 per post, would it be good to get $1 per click?
Old November 14, 2011, 04:24:56 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:

Earlier we all agreed that posting would be the best way to obtain money, well then if that is so then why would someone even click one someone elses adopts, it has no purpose to them. You see. So say you get $5 per post, would it be good to get $1 per click?
Clicking the adopts is to level them up. It has nothing to do with money. Posting gives you money, but not levels.
Old November 14, 2011, 04:27:17 AM
Shaymin

IO guess you don't see my point, and I am worrying for nothing. But hopefully what I see doesn't happen. Like... it is hard to explain exactly what I think will happen. :[
Old November 14, 2011, 01:07:56 PM
Keldeo

best idea ever, why not have an adopt system stay an adopt system?
Old November 17, 2011, 05:45:00 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
best idea ever, why not have an adopt system stay an adopt system?
The sarcasm wasn't appreciated, and I think that if we have currency, then we need to have a fee ( a small one) on pets. And from the looks of it the majority like the idea of a currency system.
Old November 17, 2011, 05:47:59 PM
Landorus

Quote:
The sarcasm wasn't appreciated, and I think that if we have currency, then we need to have a fee ( a small one) on pets. And from the looks of it the majority like the idea of a currency system.
I think You are taking this too far teamplasma.
Old November 17, 2011, 06:06:09 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dewott8 View Post
I think You are taking this too far teamplasma.
What? Just saying. I don't try to be mean or anything, just truthful. And I am glad he/she (I forgot to check) is posting opinions, I was just saying
Old November 17, 2011, 10:45:53 PM
Administrator

Please, folks, don't argue.
Old November 18, 2011, 10:51:32 AM
Giratina

Even though most people are for a currency system plasma, it's really a matter of if Cat (or another staff) as the ability to code in a currency system. We could have the entire forum agree with a currency system, but if it's too hard to code or too buggy to keep and enjoy Adoptables, then we will not be able to have a currency system.
Old November 18, 2011, 01:10:48 PM
Administrator

A currency system is certainly doable, but I am currently taking a break, as I coded VRAC for one solid month. I don't mind you guys discussing ideas for things that I can add after my break.
Old November 18, 2011, 04:28:28 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Implying I was sarcastic, I'd rather not want more code that may or may not break the server, I think it's fine as is.

Edit, I'm not going to argue, I just want to place my opinion without being bashed.

Last edited by JC; November 18, 2011 at 04:30:35 PM.
Old November 19, 2011, 09:13:37 AM
Haxorus

I think it'd be cool If you got some spriters together and made it to where you could buy accessories and when you put them on a pokemon, they actually show on the sprite. To make it simple you could make it to where certain pokemon can only where certain accessories. Like a ghastly can't wear a bandana but a pikachu can and whatnot.
Old November 19, 2011, 06:48:37 PM
Administrator

While I do like the idea of customizing Pokémon, it would require a significant amount of mapping in the coding (such a telling it where a Pokémon's hands or head is).
Old November 19, 2011, 06:53:20 PM
Giratina

I can easily see how this would mess with the code. It would be incredibly difficult to code and debug. Plus, I like the way the Pokemon look right now.
Old November 20, 2011, 03:39:36 AM

PokeRemixStudio* @ 4:36:25am: Being able to select several adoptables and choose to generate the bbcodes for all of them to put in your signature would be nice.
PokeRemixStudio* @ 4:36:35am: So that I don't have to insert them one at a time.
Old November 20, 2011, 04:18:23 PM
Zoroark

Old November 20, 2011, 10:27:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
I can confirm both of these coming to fruition. We'll need to put together some ideas for the contests (not in this thread, preferably).
Old November 22, 2011, 09:52:43 AM
Zoroark

I have a couple more ideas:

1. Maybe organize the Users page alphabetically, i.e. have a separate page for each letter (or number/symbol).

2. Have the ability to add Users as "friends" or "favorite users" so we can visit their adoptables daily without searching.
Old November 22, 2011, 01:29:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I have a couple more ideas:

1. Maybe organize the Users page alphabetically, i.e. have a separate page for each letter (or number/symbol).

2. Have the ability to add Users as "friends" or "favorite users" so we can visit their adoptables daily without searching.
Ooh, both very good ideas. I was thinking of paginating both the user list and the pet list (such as a page for your own favorite pets too), and having a list of favorite users should certainly be a welcome addition.
Old November 24, 2011, 03:04:49 PM
Regigigas

I would also support a currency system. In addition, maybe you could have an actual "Purchase Currency" station where, instead of posting to get money, you could just buy it. Maybe have the money sent to your PayPal to help you support the site or hold Adoptable Giveaways once the donations reach a certain amount. (Or you could just get a lot of Mountain Dew and $#!% like that xD)
Old November 24, 2011, 08:10:40 PM
Administrator

We're going to avoid including real money with this. Don't want to be a hypocrite.
Old November 24, 2011, 10:28:43 PM
Floatzel

Quote:

I believe that what he is saying is that if there is no incentive to click on other people's Adopts, then they would just spam posts to gain money and, say, buy a bunch of Rare Candies for your own Pokemon.
Old November 25, 2011, 04:53:05 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryseeker99 View Post
I believe that what he is saying is that if there is no incentive to click on other people's Adopts, then they would just spam posts to gain money and, say, buy a bunch of Rare Candies for your own Pokemon.
The incentive to click other people's adopts is to be nice. Also, you might as well say there is no incentive to post currently. Why do you post? It's not like you're getting anything out of posting.

Also, if you were to spam nonsense in Ye Olde Internet Madness, you wouldn't get money and spamming in other threads is bad news for you.
Old December 14, 2011, 07:09:58 PM
Kyurem

I wonder whether in addition to the current image style for the adopted Pokémon, we can have a compact image style for them? Something that uses smaller font and uses menu icons instead to save image space.

Also, fix the lowercase g in the images.

Last edited by Twiggy; December 14, 2011 at 07:35:16 PM.
Old January 3, 2012, 03:42:47 AM
Administrator

New features!

Quote:
Maybe organize the Users page alphabetically, i.e. have a separate page for each letter (or number/symbol).
This feature has been added. Check out the VRAC user list to try it out. I've also added a list of contacts/friends. This is the same list as on the forum. It is appropriately placed with the letters and only shows contacts with pets.

Quote:
This feature has been added. Check out the VRAC statistics page to try it out.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 3, 2012 at 05:54:50 AM.
Old January 3, 2012, 07:09:20 PM
Floatzel

How about a option to add a description of your adoptable to it's page? Such as a little background story, or maybe it's powers? And also, the option to give genders to the adoptables. That'd be nice to.
But would it put strain on the servers or anything? You could also put a character limit onto how long the description of your adoptable could be.
Old January 3, 2012, 07:16:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
How about a option to add a description of your adoptable to it's page? Such as a little background story, or maybe it's powers? And also, the option to give genders to the adoptables. That'd be nice to.
But would it put strain on the servers or anything? You could also put a character limit onto how long the description of your adoptable could be.
The description feature will definitely be added, along with possibly leaving comments or notes for pets. Gender has already been removed (It was in the previous system.), as I will not be adding anything that will take advantage of it, such as breeding.
Old January 6, 2012, 04:31:49 PM
Floatzel

Okay, here are some other features I thought of;
A 'Bulk options' list on the top as well as the bottom of the 'My pets' page. If we're editing a lot of things spread out through the top of a rather large adoption list, it'd be easier just to put another button on the top of the page for people's convenience.
And option to organize our pets into list/folders. Such as 'Shinies, Everstones, fully evolved, etc.'
Just a thought.
Old January 6, 2012, 05:19:42 PM
Regigigas

Old January 9, 2012, 02:27:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
Yes.

Quote:
I think that it would be great if there where other ways to sort my pets like dex number or time adopted; you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreon7 View Post
This feature has been partially added. I have added ascending and descending sorting by Pokédex number, date of adoption, view count, level, and favorites (default). I have not added sorting alphabetically by name, as it is a bit complicated.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 9, 2012 at 02:31:50 AM.
Old January 9, 2012, 09:04:20 AM
Zoroark

How about last clicks? If the user is able to click random people's Pokemon, displaying the last people to have clicked your Pokemon might give more incentive for people to click others' pets. For example, they'd see ( user name here ) clicked their Pokemon and be more likely to return the favour. A user going out of their way to click folk's Pokemon might be able to get something out of it for their own Pokemon.
Old January 9, 2012, 10:29:19 AM
Administrator

Yeah, I was thinking possibly showing the last ten or so clicks for each pet. I think that, the description, and mass-BB Code might be the next three features I implement.

I know a lot of people want a shop, but I'm thinking it might be possible to incorporate that with other aspects of the forum, like the ASB boards, so I'd like to explore those types of ideas before really implementing a currency. Besides, as long as I keep the statistics, I can easily calculate how much money to start folks off with once it gets implemented.
Old January 10, 2012, 05:33:06 PM
Charizard

Put in some kind of adventure mode thing like VB was gonna have
Old January 18, 2012, 09:04:14 PM
Administrator

I have added a list of recent clicks to individual pets. I might make it look nicer later on. The guest numbers are not random but are assigned based on guest IP address.
Old February 17, 2012, 11:28:12 AM
Giratina

(You've seen this in the chat -towards Cat- but,) The bulk options list should be near the top of the page along with the bottom of the page in the "My Pets" area. It should make it easier to double check what you've checked while managing your latest pets.
Old February 19, 2012, 07:30:53 AM
Mudkip

Allow other stones to be used in the adoption center. But, you only use one of each. So, if you run out. You recieve one of your choosing, after making 50 posts.
Old February 19, 2012, 12:21:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydemoose View Post
Allow other stones to be used in the adoption center. But, you only use one of each. So, if you run out. You recieve one of your choosing, after making 50 posts.
Nah, I'm just gonna shoot this one down now. I prefer keeping all evolutions as levels as to not overcomplicate the system. Items like stones and such won't be made a requirement just so you can evolve your Pokémon.
Old May 1, 2012, 05:55:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I have added this feature.

I also added support for the VR [adopt] code and replaced it with a small icon:

Old May 5, 2012, 03:44:05 AM
Rayquaza

Cat as long as you're forcing us to use the smaller VRAC icons can you at least make a way for it to identifiable that said pokemon is shiny?
Old May 5, 2012, 04:15:35 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Cat as long as you're forcing us to use the smaller VRAC icons can you at least make a way for it to identifiable that said pokemon is shiny?
That'd be helpful (fixing a missing feature?)

Speaking of these mini shiny icons, I think there exists a source for every single one of these modified icons. I forgot where, though. As for permissions...
Old May 5, 2012, 05:50:17 AM
Giratina

What you could do is get some dedicated person to recolor all the icons into a shiny form and give the icons to Victory Road. But that would take a loooong time.
Old May 5, 2012, 06:00:20 AM
Giratina

Maybe we can assign spriters to do an X amount of pokemon, and that way we will slowly, but surely complete it.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:47:54 AM
Administrator

Yeah, recoloring them would take far too long. Perhaps I could make the text a red or maroon color.
Old May 5, 2012, 04:06:11 PM
Administrator

Done. VRAC shinies now have dark red names and levels. I have retroactively applied the same feature to the older icons as well.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 5, 2012 at 04:07:49 PM.
Old May 5, 2012, 05:51:00 PM
Giratina

Mission completed. Nice work Cat.
Old May 6, 2012, 01:28:11 PM
Kyurem

Whats the code for this new feature as i dont you posted how to do it? It does go in my sig right?
Old May 6, 2012, 09:45:31 PM
Administrator

[adopt]####[/adopt]

Replace the #### with the ID number of your pet. You can easily do it by going to your pet and grabbing the code in the textbox at the bottom.

The red text only shows up on shinies.
Old May 8, 2012, 11:07:32 AM
Kyurem

looks cool, i add about 8 of them so i think that makes up my sig limit now.
Old May 27, 2012, 06:07:13 PM
Giratina

Zorolosion Adoptable
Old May 27, 2012, 06:12:05 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Zorolosion Adoptable
If you don't remember, I did recolor the entire Cyndaquil line with the Zoroark colors, so a Zorolosion adoptable may be available in the future for a Adoptable of the Month Pokemon.
Just so you know.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; May 27, 2012 at 06:16:40 PM.
Old May 27, 2012, 06:32:02 PM
Administrator

Yes, I will be adding that.
Old June 7, 2012, 01:45:32 PM
Shaymin

I think there should be a random user button at the bottom of the all the pages. It would obviously give you a random user. When you click it and it takes you to that page it will have all of that users adopts. I think it would be a wonderful way to share clicks.

Now here is why you would to it: I know you can see who has click a specific adopt just by clicking it. That isn't enough for me. I think there should also be a place where you can see people you haven't returned clicks to and how many clicks were given. So it can be evenly distributed. But that is only if the person you clicked is a good sport and clicks back. Maybe that page could have more stuff on there that would help you click people. Like searching for people.

My last thing is for adopts to be on someones profile. I think this is good for a couple of reasons. But I am going to focus on my main one. I think it would be really awesome if it was there because you would be able to go to all of your friends profiles everyday (or so) and quick click their adopts. It would be the small icons like the ones allowed in the sigs. And I think it would be a side bar. Also maybe it could be just ten or fifteen in that little side bar because I know some people have alot. So maybe it could be the 10 most recently adopted and then below it there is a see all button where it takes you to there adopts page.

I was twisted between posting that last one here or in the forum suggestions. I thiought that it was adopt-y enough.
Old June 7, 2012, 04:14:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I think there should be a random user button at the bottom of the all the pages. It would obviously give you a random user. When you click it and it takes you to that page it will have all of that users adopts. I think it would be a wonderful way to share clicks.

Now here is why you would to it: I know you can see who has click a specific adopt just by clicking it. That isn't enough for me. I think there should also be a place where you can see people you haven't returned clicks to and how many clicks were given. So it can be evenly distributed. But that is only if the person you clicked is a good sport and clicks back. Maybe that page could have more stuff on there that would help you click people. Like searching for people.

My last thing is for adopts to be on someones profile. I think this is good for a couple of reasons. But I am going to focus on my main one. I think it would be really awesome if it was there because you would be able to go to all of your friends profiles everyday (or so) and quick click their adopts. It would be the small icons like the ones allowed in the sigs. And I think it would be a side bar. Also maybe it could be just ten or fifteen in that little side bar because I know some people have alot. So maybe it could be the 10 most recently adopted and then below it there is a see all button where it takes you to there adopts page.

I was twisted between posting that last one here or in the forum suggestions. I thiought that it was adopt-y enough.
There is already a page to generate random pets (maybe not users, but it looks to do what you generally want):
http://adopt.victoryroad.net/stats/random

Or is that not what you're after?

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 7, 2012 at 04:34:14 PM.
Old June 7, 2012, 06:04:42 PM
Shaymin

Basically.

Also what about the other ones?

Last edited by teamplasma; June 7, 2012 at 06:05:16 PM.
Old June 7, 2012, 07:34:14 PM
Administrator

That feature used to be around for VictoryBattles, actually. Freeze reported that very few people actually used it, though.
Old June 7, 2012, 07:36:47 PM
Shaymin

Okay, and what about it being on peoples profiles?
Old June 7, 2012, 07:52:14 PM
Administrator

That's what I am referring to.
Old June 8, 2012, 04:40:02 AM
Shaymin

Well, I didn't know that. I am sorta confused, because I was here and don't remember that on the forum profiles. But if no one used it, then thats fine. No sense in just pleasing one person.
Old June 8, 2012, 12:16:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, I didn't know that. I am sorta confused, because I was here and don't remember that on the forum profiles. But if no one used it, then thats fine. No sense in just pleasing one person.
Exactly.
Old June 11, 2012, 05:58:19 PM
Shaymin

I think I already know the answer to this, but... I think there should be a specific egg for every adoptable pokemon. This is common for a lot of sites (I think we all know). I think it is cool and creative though. I could make them. Maybe a group of people could make it. I don't know. I just thought I could put it out there.
Old June 11, 2012, 10:02:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I think I already know the answer to this, but... I think there should be a specific egg for every adoptable pokemon. This is common for a lot of sites (I think we all know). I think it is cool and creative though. I could make them. Maybe a group of people could make it. I don't know. I just thought I could put it out there.
No, sorry. It's not really worth it.
Old June 28, 2012, 05:11:19 PM
Giratina

With all this BW2 buzz out, and the sprites released... The new formes!