Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support

Notices

Victory Road Network Support Suggestions? Errors? Comments? Questions?

Search this Thread
Old February 12, 2013, 07:22:12 PM
Joltik

Default Extend edit notice underneath post?

I just noticed that when you edit a post on here, even if it's a few seconds after you posted it, an edit notice appears. Is it possible for this to be altered so it does not appear until three-five minutes after the post has been made?

Oftentimes people (like myself) make mistakes that they don't realize until after they hit post. Having that edit notice really makes the whole post look ugly and I don't think it should appear until at least five minutes after a post has been modified. I'm the type who makes small edits to posts right after they were made since I don't catch all errors instantly - it'd be a bit of a put-off to know those notices will probably be in at least half of the posts I make here. v_v
Old February 12, 2013, 07:27:55 PM

I don't really know what to suggest. I don't think there are plans to take out the edit notice. I mean, the notice is there to notify other users that you made changes to your post, which can be good if your post seemed confusing at first. The only thing I can suggest to you for now is to take a good look over what you wrote before posting, or post on a browser that has auto correct. (Apologies if this isn't helpful at all ^_^')

Last edited by Reuniclus; February 12, 2013 at 07:29:07 PM. Reason: Speak of the devil
Old February 12, 2013, 07:32:13 PM
Joltik

That's all right, thank you for the reply! :D I just don't think an edit notification really serves any purpose if the edit was made only a few seconds/minutes after the post was made, since by then it's just someone editing mistakes rather than updating with actual information, haha.

I do re-read my posts but sometimes I don't catch all the errors or realize I should word things a tad bit differently after I've posted. It's easy enough to edit through the ACP so hopefully it's at least taken into consideration, but if not, that's okay too! n~n
Old February 12, 2013, 07:34:37 PM
Shaymin

I have never got a notice for an edit, so my thoughts are "Yes", you can turn whatever this is off. I don't think I have encountered one of these notices before, so you can try in your settings or something. I looked around and didn't see what you could do, but maybe if you look in the User CP then you could...
Old February 12, 2013, 07:36:55 PM
Kyurem

I believe the above post by out resident jelly illustrates why the edit notice should be suppressed for a few minutes, and ideally, until a later post in the same thread has been made.

And this, too.

Last edited by Twiggy; February 12, 2013 at 07:37:34 PM.
Old February 12, 2013, 07:37:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
I don't really know what to suggest. I don't think there are plans to take out the edit notice. I mean, the notice is there to notify other users that you made changes to your post, which can be good if your post seemed confusing at first. The only thing I can suggest to you for now is to take a good look over what you wrote before posting, or post on a browser that has auto correct. (Apologies if this isn't helpful at all ^_^')
What she wants is to change it so that if you make an edit immediately after posting, it doesn't display the "last edited" thing.

Hm, this is actually quite easy to do. I can set the amount of time to allow before it displays in the panel.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; February 12, 2013 at 07:38:40 PM. Reason: Looks like half this thread is going to be a case study.
Old February 12, 2013, 07:39:09 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Hm, this is actually quite easy to do. I found the option in the panel.

What she wants is to change it so that if you make an edit immediately after posting, it doesn't display the "last edited" thing.

I can set the amount of time to allow before it displays in the panel.
Hmm... How long would it be? I think the average seems to be around 5-10 minutes, though I've seen "until next post".
Old February 12, 2013, 07:40:27 PM
Administrator

Given how religiously some people watch the last 14 posts for updates, it can't be any more than three minutes.
Old February 12, 2013, 07:56:08 PM
Joltik

Would be awesome if it could be updated, thanks for all the replies, guys! ^^

And so people don't get confused, this is what I was talking about right here:

Spoiler Alert:    
Click image for larger version

Name:	edit_zps373ec697.png
Views:	591
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	4547

Apologies for not being clearer!

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; February 12, 2013 at 08:00:18 PM.
Old February 12, 2013, 08:14:46 PM
Kyurem

If I'm not wrong, the edit notice should always show up if modified by someone other than the original poster, right?
Old February 12, 2013, 08:18:50 PM
Administrator

I believe so, yes.