Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old August 6, 2010, 05:57:26 PM
Regigigas

Default Black and White Tour Bus Reveals New Details

A scan from the Pokemon Black and White tour buses going through Japan has surfaced on the internet. It shows the official artwork of a previously shown Pokemon, Gigaiasu. It is classified as the "High Pressure Pokemon", and is a pure Rock-type with the ability "Sturdy". It`s height is 1.7m tall, and it weighs in at 270 kg. Additionally, a brand new Pokemon was revealed, Emonga, the Flying Squirrel Pokemon, an Electric/Flying-type Pokemon with the ability static. It is 0.4m (the same height as Victini), and weighs 5 kg. The scan can be found below:

Also, a picture of some gameplay from inside the tour bus has revealed another new Pokemon:

It is apparently named "Darumakka" (ダルマッカ), a Fire-type Pokemon, and the pre-evolution of Hihidaruma.

Details on Shikijika, the deer-like Pokemon revealed in the Black and White Promotional trailer have also been revealed:

1.Shikijika is a Normal/Grass type and has the ability Chlorophyll.
2.Shikijika`s appearance will change based on the season. In Spring, it will be pink, Summer green, Autumn orange, and Winter brown.
-Note that this also provides evidence that seasonal changes will be made visible in the game`s overworld, which some people began speculating after seeing 5:08 of this trailer:

3.Another new Pokemon mentioned (though no pictures were given) is
Basurao (バスラオ), which knows Aqua Jet and Uproar.

4.Growth seems to now have a slightly altered effect. It now raises the Attack stat in addition to the Special Attack stat by one stage when it is used.

5.Aloe, that has been shown before, is a gym leader of Shippou City.

And finally, Shell Blade, a move which Mijumaru is known to learn, has had some details about it revealed. It has a base power of 75 and is a Physical move. It`s accuracy is 95%, and it`s additional effect is a chance of lowering Defense stat of the Pokemon hit by the move.

Source(s):[Serebii.net]-[PokeJungle.net] - [Pokébeach.com]

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; August 7, 2010 at 09:23:57 AM. Reason: Added more information
Old August 6, 2010, 06:12:01 PM

Now we just need a moose pokemon, and then we'd have Rocky and Bullwinkle!
Old August 6, 2010, 06:16:15 PM
Keldeo

Looks great, but are these official Pokemon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
Now we just need a moose pokemon, and then we'd have Rocky and Bullwinkle!
watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! *Pulls out Lion!
Old August 6, 2010, 08:07:13 PM
Volcarona

Shikijika, a Normal/Grass? I would NOT have called that. I love being surprised. As for that flying squirrel... Pachirisu evo? I sure hope so. I might have to raeg if it's not.

Hihidaruma's pre-evolution looks like a potato. It's a hot potato!
Old August 6, 2010, 08:40:14 PM
Regigigas

Yay for new Gigaiasu info!
Yay for Hihidaruma pre evolution!
Yay for electric squirrel!

As for the other news, I guess the deer pokemon's typing negates it being a Stantler Pre Evo.

Last edited by Sableyed; August 6, 2010 at 08:41:34 PM.
Old August 6, 2010, 10:41:25 PM
Celebi

Hihidaruma pre-evo? Makes me laugh. It's a potato with horn-like things!

Emonga looks Parchirisu-related, but I doubt it. After all, if he was then you could only get after completion of the game, because only Gen V pokemon appear before beating the game.

Gigaiasu!!! NEW INFO!
But I think Gigaiasu, will have a pre-evo like geodude. It just my idea, but i think it might actully happen.
Old August 7, 2010, 12:30:52 AM
Haxorus

Where....

Is...

My...

De-

Su-

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAN

Seriously, they keep throwing us this info on the cute Pokémon, or the Geodude/Graveler/Golem step-ins, but not Pokémon some of us want to see.

I don't see a secretive fanbase over any of the others quite like my perceived Ghost type. ;3;

But I do like the seasonal changes being a part of the game. The tie-in of real-time in G/S/C was a warm welcome, and I was saddened to see it dropped in all of Gen III. Gen IV brought it back, with weather changes in Platinum having the players dawning heavier clothes.

The seasons may open for us the possibility of changing clothes for our characters. D:

Last edited by .name//Technomancer; August 7, 2010 at 12:49:07 AM.
Old August 7, 2010, 12:32:54 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by .name//Technomancer View Post

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAN
Kirk, please calm down.

Honestly though, why haven't we heard anything about the 5 pokemon in the trailer? Why reveal them if you're never going to mention them again?

Last edited by Sableyed; August 7, 2010 at 12:35:40 AM.
Old August 7, 2010, 12:51:50 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
Honestly though, why haven't we heard anything about the 5 pokemon in the trailer? Why reveal them if you're never going to mention them again?
I agree with this post so much, I had to quote and respond to it positively.

+1 nets, sir.

Last edited by .name//Technomancer; August 7, 2010 at 12:52:10 AM.
Old August 7, 2010, 01:04:30 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by .name//Technomancer View Post
Where....

Is...

My...

De-

Su-

Seriously, they keep throwing us this info on the cute Pokémon, or the Geodude/Graveler/Golem step-ins, but not Pokémon some of us want to see.

I don't see a secretive fanbase over any of the others quite like my perceived Ghost type. ;3;

But I do like the seasonal changes being a part of the game. The tie-in of real-time in G/S/C was a warm welcome, and I was saddened to see it dropped in all of Gen III. Gen IV brought it back, with weather changes in Platinum having the players dawning heavier clothes.

The seasons may open for us the possibility of changing clothes for our characters. D:

Alright, I understand your love for Desukan, but seriously, your going over the top. Really calm down.

Hey Shikijika can change colour because of seasons? Wow! Its probaly white in winter. But I like the sound of
an orange deer! But it has strange typing. Grass hasn't ever been paired with normal. The only ones that have are
water, psychic and flying. <-- Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by RotomGuy; August 7, 2010 at 01:09:23 AM.
Old August 7, 2010, 03:43:46 AM
Giratina

Flying squirrel YEY! That thing looks awesome! Maybe it's an evolution of Pacharisu? It looks very similar!
Old August 7, 2010, 07:25:20 AM
Haxorus

That flying squirrel Pokemon look's kind of like a Pikachu....
Old August 7, 2010, 05:54:17 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtwig View Post
That flying squirrel Pokemon look's kind of like a Pikachu....
No, it's a squirrel, not a mouse. It has the same face as Pachirisu, and they're both squirrels, and they're both electric. You can't say that it's not a possibility.

Also, where it mentions that Shell Blade is a Physical Move, that pretty much confirms that we'll still have the Physical/Special split. YEY!
Old August 7, 2010, 08:33:50 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post

Also, where it mentions that Shell Blade is a Physical Move, that pretty much confirms that we'll still have the Physical/Special split. YEY!
Why on earth would they get rid of it? I don't think they've ever gone backwards like that before.
Old August 8, 2010, 10:51:37 AM
Giratina

Thumbs down

-Gaigasu looks like a cool Pokémon.
-Emongo can possibly be an evolution of Pachirisu, but I doubt it.
-Darumakka looks very stupid.
-Shikijika's typing, along with it's seasonal change, is very neat. I'm quite pleased to see that different seasons affect different aspects of the games, such as the landscape and some Pokémon.
-Growth's altered effect makes it a lot more useful.
-Shell Blade is a powerful move. (Seems like Mijamaru is going to be a physical water Pokémon)

Last edited by Shadow; August 8, 2010 at 11:02:08 AM.