Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 12, 2012, 10:50:03 PM
Mudkip

Default RMT #2: Hyper Offensive Team

Hey guys. I have my 2nd RMT here. This team I was experimenting with on Pokemon (DISALLOWED). I ended up losing around 5 times with the team but it performs extremely well. Here is the the team.

At A Glance

Pokémon Sprite 149 Pokémon Sprite 212 Pokémon Sprite 381 Pokémon Sprite 482 Pokémon Sprite 639 Pokémon Sprite 479

Azelf @Normal Gem
Levitate
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Jolly
Taunt
Stealth Rock
U-Turn
Explosion

This is the typical suicide lead Azelf. Azelf is a pretty decent lead due to its speed. It works well with a hyper offensive team because it can get up Rocks/Taunt first before the opponent but if the opponent is good, then they'll know what the Azelf is planning to do. U-Turn to get out of a big threat like a Tyranitar but if it's the pursuit T-Tar, then Azelf is pretty much dead due to its bad defenses. Explosion is what the Normal Gem is for. Normal Gem with Explosion can really do some damage almost to OHKOing a lot of pokemon.

Dragonite @Lum Berry
Multiscale
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Extremespeed

You better get ready when you see this Dragonite come around. Dragon Dance Dragonite is always a threat to any team because with Multiscale, you can take one hit and basically set up a free Dragon Dance. Dragon Dance combined with Outrage can and will put a dent into any pokemon. Fire Punch is a decent move for Dragonite, covering weakness to ice and hitting hard on Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Forretress, Magnezone and others. You can also run Earthquake instead of Dragonite to prevent Heatran from walling Dragonite put I recommend Fire Punch more. Finally, Extremespeed being a great priority move for Dragonite, cleans up low health pokemon.

Scizor @Choice Band
Technician
252 Atk 248 HP 8 Spd
Adamant
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Superpower

Scizor is a great addition to this team. Scizor is one part of the Volt-Turning sequence making this team very hard to defeat. Choice Banded U-Turn hits hard plus giving me switch advantage every time someone switches out. Bullet Punch is a great priority move on Scizor, being STAB,CB, and getting the Technician boost. It's basically my Dragonite but a different typing and purpose. Pursuit works for trapping pokemon like Latias and Latios that like to wall or to destroy pokemon one-by-one. You can run Quick Attack for Volcarona if you want instead of Pursuit but that's your perspective. Last, Superpower being good coverage for Heatran that like to wall Scizor.

Rotom-W @Choice Scarf
Levitate
252 Sp.Attack 252 Spd 4 HP
Timid
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Hidden Power (Fire)
Trick

Rotom-W, completing the other process of Volt-Turn, is great paired up with Scizor. With them two on the field, I can keep Volt-Turning whenever I please, causing damage to each pokemon and getting that switch advantage. Hydro Pump is the other STAB move for Rotom-W. Basically, it hits pokemon that cannot get hit by Volt Switch like Donphan, T-Tar, etc. HP Fire is great coverage for Ferrothorn, Forretress, Breloom, and any pokemon that like to usually wall Rotom-W. Trick is a good move when you want to give a pokemon that doesn't like to be Choice Scarfed.

Latios @Expert Belt
Levitate
Timid
Draco Meteor
Psyshock
Hidden Power (Fire)
Surf

Expert Belt Latios is a good pokemon to use. What I usually like to do is to fake the specs or scarf and when the time is right, I surprise my opponent by switching up the moves. I run Dual STAB on this Latios being Draco Meteor and Psyshock. Psyshock is more for Blissey and Chansey since they have horrible defense. Hidden Power Fire is what I said it was for Rotom-W. Ferrothorn and Forretress are perfect bait for Expert Belt Latios thinking that I'm choiced and locked into Psyshock/Draco Meteor. Surf is coverage for Gliscor, Donphan, etc. I do enjoy using this Latios as it is my 2nd favorite pokemon to use in Wi-Fi, but the next and final pokemon is my favorite pokemon overall.

Terrakion @Leftovers
Justified
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Jolly
Substitute
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Stone Edge

This is my favorite pokemon to use. Terrakion is the biggest threat in the metagame and it's something you don't want to take too lightly. This is a different set though. My friend Duece was first to make this set so I was interested in the set as well. Sub/SD Terrakion catches many people off guard because they expect Scarf/Banded Terrakion, thus making it very dangerous. Of course with it's Dual STAB, Close Combat and Stone Edge, can easily sweep teams. I highly recommend this set because it's hardly used, catches many people off guard, and can easily sweep if done right.

This team heavily relies on Volt-Turn but certain pokemon like Gastrodon and Breloom can prevent Volt-Turn, thus making this team be weakened. Heatran can also wall this team if Latios and Terrakion is knocked out. Scizor isn't fast enough to get off a superpower to a Heatran. I hope you guys enjoy this RMT better than my first one. This one is better imo but share your ideas because I take all of them and hope to see some good advice from everyone. Thanks for looking at my team everyone ^_^

Last edited by PokemonGameMaster44; June 12, 2012 at 11:15:45 PM.
Old June 13, 2012, 07:30:28 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Pokémon Sprite 482
Azelf @Normal Gem
Levitate
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Jolly
Taunt
Stealth Rock
U-Turn
Explosion
I have seen this many times before. And it works. But you got to have the time to think when using this (or at least for some people). The reason it take thinkin is that is you get into the habit of using Taunt first, this pokemon might get killed the first turn. Azelf isn't know for amazing defenses, so you need to know when you need to U-turn your way out or Taunt t because you know that that pokemon is just for set ups. You also need to be aware of if that pokemon is a tricker. Not a pokemon with the move Trick. I mean there are some cliche leads that sometimes are turned into attackers. So the ever-common Ferrothorn is actually sometimes an attacker because people don't see it coming and I am sure it has some Bug moves. That means you are screwed from top to bottom.

Quote:
Pokémon Sprite 149

Dragonite @Lum Berry
Multiscale
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Extremespeed
One thing I should say is I do like the coverage, especially for the x4 Ice types. This is typical though, you will send you pokemon out, kill their pokemon, they will send (example) Starmie and Ice Beam you. That is when your little Fire Punch don't work for you. You may be able you kill it with Extremespeed (if you have a Dragon Dance on it) but you will probably be in trouble. Other than that problem you are good. And you should have a pokemon ready to deflect that when you see something like that coming.

Quote:
Pokémon Sprite 212
Scizor @Choice Band
Technician
252 Atk 248 HP 8 Spd
Adamant
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Superpower
It is a bit risky, don't you think. I may just be flat out wrong, but I think that Pursuit with Choice Band ins't a good deal. You could take that out and switch it for somehting that will help your other pokemon (or yourself) better. I do love U-Turn with a Choice Band because it works in a funny way; You send out Scizor, you select U-Turn, (You send Scizor out on a pokemon that has 0 advantage over it so it has to run away) It is switched to a pokemon that could kill you, you U-turned and now get to pick a pokemon with an advantage over that pokemon. With a Choice Band that is about the only good that will do for you. Keep that in mind while in battle. Superpower is kinda expected so one may not send a Heatran out on you. But over all this is a pretty okay pokemon.

Quote:

Rotom-W @Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Hidden Power (Fire)
Trick
Trick is a very optional move with this set. Trick will give you the freedom of using any move you want after you first turn, but then your speed with dramatically drop and then theirs will rise. You already have amazing SpAtk so you can probably kill your opponent in two turns. Or you could make like Scizor and do the Volt Switch bit. AND IF you are going to Volt Switch (and it isn't a space filler), take the 4HP and switch it for 4-6 Atk. That make sense the me. Other than that you have a pretty good pokemon here.

Quote:
Pokémon Sprite 381
Latios @Expert Belt
Levitate
Timid
Draco Meteor
Psyshock
Hidden Power (Fire)
Surf
I don't know much about these because I don't use them. So my opinions may not be right and I will just tell you what it looks like from my eyes. To me, this one looks like another Rotom. You have a pretty good move set, it seems a bit expected though. But when I look at it I see amazing SPeed with killer attacks. This may may also be countered by a Starmie (or such). So like I said before, you will need a pokemon to rely on if a pokemon with Ice Beam wanders on stage. And you don't really have one, am I right. But I do understand that is is all attackers, so just get a pokemon tha isn't really effected by Ice/water/electric moves (Those are its normal and it is a redundant Pokemon).

Quote:
Pokémon Sprite 639
Terrakion @Leftovers
Justified
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Jolly
Substitute
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Stone Edge
I have used this set before and works really. But I would like to tell you a few things. If this is a hyper attacking team, you might want a life orb on this one. It certainly will help you kill the pokemon. If you do decide to us life orb Substitute may not suit you well. Maybe a Rock Polish or an XScissor for those Psychic types. It won't suit you because the life orb will take life away from you already and taking so much just to put up one... and when you get out of it you will be pretty beat up from Life Orb. So look at the moves I gave you to use. The other moves are great! You will do fine.

I hope you use my tips because I put a bit of time into it.
Old June 13, 2012, 12:22:19 PM
Mudkip

Thanks for the tips. Starmie does wreck my team besides Rotom-W so I will have to think of counters for everything.