Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White 2 > Competitive Battling
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Competitive Battling Locked due to the shutdown of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

Search this Thread
Old March 7, 2013, 08:33:12 PM

Default Official Pokemon BW2 International Wifi Tournament

Well guys, a Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 WiFi tournament has been announced about a week or two ago. This tournament is specifically a WiFi Competition, the 2013 International Challenge - March is the second International tournament for Black 2 & White 2. It's a Double Battle using any Pokemon from the National Pokédex (VGC style) except for Pokemon that are banned.

For those who don't know the banned Pokemon are as follows:
Banned Pokemon from the Tournament    
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect. 

It is seperated into three divisions just like the VGCs; Junior, Senior and Master with places not determined outside of Japan.

Registration runs from March 15th 2013 to March 21st 2013 while the tournament itself runs from March 22nd to March 25th. All entrants will all receive a Rowap Berry. If you do well, it will provide you with points to go towards your VGC entry.

I'm definitely going to be entering this tournament in the future since it's on wifi. If I manage to do somewhat well, I'll probably consider going to the actual VGCs at somewhere near where I live. What do you guys think? Will you be participating? Oh, and this thread will also be dedicated to any questions you have about the tournament.

(Picture and tourney info were taken from Serebii)
Old March 8, 2013, 03:38:43 AM
Giratina

I might join.. Depends if I feel like making a doubles team. But that's even more a reason for me wanting a gastrodon
Old March 8, 2013, 08:56:11 AM

I've really been shirking off with BW2. I haven't even started blueprints on a VGC team, or even a normal competitive one yet. If I can pull one out of nowhere, I might join, but that's easier said than done.
Old March 14, 2013, 08:18:36 PM

"Registration for this tournament, the 2013 International Challenge - runs through to the end of March 21st while the competition runs from March 22nd through March 25th. This competition is a Double Battle competition and runs VGC rules. The top 128 players in each region earn points towards Video Game Championship entry. All entrants will receive a Rowap Berry."

(info taken from Serebii)

Sounds like there's going to be a lot of participants if the top 128 from each region are going to receive points for the VGCs. Here are the main points of the announcement:

*Registration runs from today until March 21st. You register here at the Global Link: http://en.pokemon-gl.com/
*The actual Tournament runs from March 22nd to March 25th.
*The Tournament is VGC Style; meaning everything will be Flat Double battles.
*The top 128 participants from each region will receive points toward their VGC entry.
*Even if you don't get into the top 128, you get a Rowap Berry as a consolation prize.
Old March 22, 2013, 04:10:33 PM

Just a reminder that today is the last day to register for the BW2 wifi tournament.

I know I'm a bit late for this announcement, but...

"The next Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 WiFi tournament has been announced. This WiFi Competition, the 2013 International Challenge - April is the third International tournament for Black 2 & White 2. Like usual, it's a Double Battle using the National Pokédex barring Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect. It is seperated into three divisions; Junior, Senior and Master with places not determined outside of Japan. Registration runs from April 12th 2013 to April 18th 2013 while the tournament itself runs from April 19th to April 21st. All entrants will all receive a Liechi Berry and the Salac Berry. Like before, if you do well, it will provide you with points to go towards your VGC entry."

Looks like there's gonna be another wifi tournament following the same guidelines as the one tomorrow. If you're unable to make it to the March wifi competition, then there's always the one in April.

Picture and info taken from Serebii.
Old March 24, 2013, 03:33:22 PM
Charizard

I'll be excited for the next tourney, but I only wish they'd give us just one more month. I'd like to make a new team altogether.

Also, just because it's on topic- as far as I've seen, there's loads of pseudo legendaries and regular legendaries here, not to mention Drizzle. ><
I mean, I'd like to see something else once in a while.
Old March 28, 2013, 02:51:33 PM

I did absolutely horrible in this tournament. >_< Out of all 14,531 participants, I got 3,538th place with a total of 1538 points. I started off with 1500 rank points and the trend went like this: 1483 -> 1497-> 1517-> 1555-> 1538. I had a rocky start in the beginning and the drop in points at the end didn't help me. I used a sort of Trick Room team when I was still in the tournament; here are the specifics of my team since I won't be using it the next time I participate.

VGC Team    
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 172 HP / 28 Def / 56 SpDef
Ability: Magic Guard
Trick Room
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Togetic @ Eviolite
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpDef
Ability: Serene Grace
-Heat Wave
-Follow Me
-Roost
-Encore

Beheeyem @ Lum Berry
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpAtk / 152 SpDef
Ability: Telepathy
-Trick Room
-Ally Switch
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball

Cloyster @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Ability: Skill Link
-Icicle Spear
-Razor Shell
-Explosion
-Poison Jab (it was too late when I realized that Rock Blast was an egg move >_<)

Eelektross @ Expert Belt
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Ability: Levitate
-Wild Charge
-Drain Punch
-Fire Punch
-Crunch

Marowak @Thick Club
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Ability: Lightningrod
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Fire Punch
-Protect

And finally, I managed to upload a few random battle videos.
93-70560-54540
89-61512-48291
26-39850-42783