Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Victory Road Gym League > Archived Gyms

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 16, 2012, 01:05:44 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
A VR elite4, i could be one heck of an e4 member. But I guess it depends on like for the signing up thing for the gyms.
Why don't you bother to read previous posts? Shadow talked about this topic and already stated for the time being, there will be no Elite 4.
Old January 16, 2012, 09:11:53 PM
Kyurem

I know that, i was just saying
Old January 17, 2012, 03:44:56 PM
Kyurem

Can we remodel this league, it been the same way for almost 2 years. I think if we do remodel this league to have new try outs. Maybe to have 10 Gyms instead of 8?
Old January 17, 2012, 03:52:17 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast View Post
Can we remodel this league, it been the same way for almost 2 years. I think if we do remodel this league to have new try outs. Maybe to have 10 Gyms instead of 8?
Why would we have 10 Gyms? I think the objective is to make it similar to the actual Pokemon Leagues? Idk what we would accomplish besides making it harder for me
Old January 17, 2012, 04:03:23 PM
Shaymin

We should remodel yes. But instead of 10 gyms why not an elite four, I know it has been tossed around and turned down, But If we test the current gym leaders pick the top four then have the top 4 move to the new section. After that we find 4 new battlers who will be a good challenge for the other people. it i a good change for this which has been going around a lot here; change.
Old January 17, 2012, 04:07:47 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Looking at the current state of the VRGL, my answer has to be no for now. Once I re-organise the VRGL after all the resignations/inactivity (along with Alakazamaster), the idea of an Elite 4 would be realistic to discuss.

Plese read above posts.

Last edited by PHANTOMxTRAINER; January 17, 2012 at 04:10:11 PM. Reason: I didn't say please! :O
Old January 17, 2012, 04:09:28 PM
Shaymin

Just saying, I think I should have my input in this.
Old January 20, 2012, 11:45:31 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Just saying, I think I should have my input in this.
That's a fair statement to make, and I respect your determination towards it. I've been all for the idea for a long time now as well, but there are other factors to consider, as Shadow said. This year will also be somewhat difficult for him in terms of getting the time to make large-scale actions and/or reformations, as his schooling this year takes a very high priority. Just give things time and these kinds of ideas will be addressed, Shadow isn't the closed-minded type by any means.
Old January 20, 2012, 12:37:15 PM
Kyurem

Maybe somebody else should run the League, Shadow isn't too active anymore. And he really just need a remodel.
Old January 22, 2012, 05:37:09 PM
Giratina

I think that gym leaders who have not battled a challenger in a month should have their gym leader position removed and someone else should take their place. I understand some people, like Ala, are busy, but if they are busy, maybe they shouldn't be a gym leader. It just causes a large amount of challengers to pile up and challengers getting frustrated/impatient while waiting for the leader to accept and battle them.
Old January 22, 2012, 05:41:42 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Maybe somebody else should run the League, Shadow isn't too active anymore. And he really just need a remodel.
Maybe he needs a little help. :)

Two things:

#1. Shouldn't Blues be removed from the GL group?

#2. I'm thinking of getting back into the competitive battling scene, so if y'all dudes start creating an Elite Four and all that, sign me up. :D

EDIT: I feel stupid. *facepalm*

Last edited by Elaine; January 23, 2012 at 03:02:16 PM.
Old January 22, 2012, 05:49:28 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
#2. I'm thinking of getting back into the competitive battling scene, so if y'all dudes start creating an Elite Four and all that, sign me up.
If Shadow does decide to start up a E4 at any point, it wouldn't be anytime soon. Not saying it wont happen, I'm saying it's not going to happen soon.

But I partially agree with Aqua. Someone else should run the VRGL, but if not that, than someone else should give Shadow a hand while he is being inactive.
Old January 23, 2012, 10:47:16 PM
Kyurem

To bad someone couldnt sub for a gym leader till he/she is ready themselfs.
Old January 24, 2012, 05:08:28 PM
Giratina

It wouldn't work to well for the sub leader because what if the sub is worse than the original? It would be an unfair badge that you just obtained.
Old January 24, 2012, 08:30:38 PM
Kyurem

I guess thats true. but ya im just throwing in ideas here.
Old January 25, 2012, 03:38:48 AM

I think we should be patient until the VRGL staff gets back. They know that they need to address things, and constantly bringing it up won't make them address it any faster, as we all know that Shadow and Alakazamaster are very busy people. Hopefully, someone will be able to do everything that needs to be done soon.
Old January 25, 2012, 04:45:27 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditto616 View Post
I think we should be patient until the VRGL staff gets back. They know that they need to address things, and constantly bringing it up won't make them address it any faster, as we all know that Shadow and Alakazamaster are very busy people. Hopefully, someone will be able to do everything that needs to be done soon.
Ditto always knows what to say
Old February 2, 2012, 07:07:14 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
We should remodel yes. But instead of 10 gyms why not an elite four, I know it has been tossed around and turned down, But If we test the current gym leaders pick the top four then have the top 4 move to the new section. After that we find 4 new battlers who will be a good challenge for the other people. it i a good change for this which has been going around a lot here; change.
Right. Let's put things into perspective, shall we?

-Activity on the forums in general = decreasing
-Activity in the VRGL = decreasing
-Number of good competitive battlers who are not Gym Leaders yet = last time I checked, this was limited. Perhaps things have changed during the time I was away, so I need to double check before giving a judgement.
-Number of different suggestions requested regarding the 'change' = limited. All I keep hearing is "We need an Elite 4" - nothing else.

Speaking of which, I honestly have no objection to starting an Elite 4 but my plan was to fully establish the Gym League first. At any rate, I'm going to bring this up with the staff members and discuss suggestions, so I'll keep you updated later on.

Quote:
Throwing ideas without actually explaining them will not get the VRGL anywhere. Your idea of a 'remodel' is so limited to introducing an Elite 4 that I have yet to see any other workable suggestion from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcentruo View Post
I think that gym leaders who have not battled a challenger in a month should have their gym leader position removed and someone else should take their place. I understand some people, like Ala, are busy, but if they are busy, maybe they shouldn't be a gym leader. It just causes a large amount of challengers to pile up and challengers getting frustrated/impatient while waiting for the leader to accept and battle them.
Criticism regarding this matter has been taken into consideration and a solution will be worked out soon, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
Maybe he needs a little help.

THANK YOUfor showing some support here. Much appreciated.

Shouldn't Blues be removed from the GL group?

What GL group are you talking about?
Comments in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
To bad someone couldnt sub for a gym leader till he/she is ready themselfs.
I tried implementing that in the very beginning of the VRGL and it just didn't work. You will never be able to find two people with the exact same ability in competitive battling, which means that unfair victory of badges may take place.
Old February 2, 2012, 03:20:31 PM
Giratina

You posted that twice shadow An Elite Four though... Ehh Idk but oh well, whatevah floats yuh boat xD For the group thing: http://victoryroad.net/group.php?groupid=32 <- That? Yeah, there's a few people there.
Old February 4, 2012, 10:30:53 AM
Kyurem

If only they made these games to be like Diamond/pearl/Platinum/HGSS where they made the pokemon to boost to lv100 we would see more activity here. Cause lots of people dont play on PO that much or not at all. Also that E4 idea is ok but i agree with shadow and to wait after he has fixed the Gyms up first.