Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 19, 2011, 07:04:22 PM
Mudkip

Default My 5th Gen Mono Dark type team in progress

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Battle Armour
Evs: 244 Atk/ 224 Spd / 40 HP
Moves:
~Toxic Spikes
~Taunt
~Crunch
~Earthquake
Seeing how this is a mono dark team finding a lead was pretty difficult. After looking through the dark types on serebii I saw a Drapion and decided that he should know Toxic Spikes (never used him before.) Luckily he did haha. Anyway this is a pretty basic lead Drapion set. Toxic Spikes is there for obvious reasons in trying to get some cheap toxics crippling non-steel walls and Fighting types. Taunt is there to stop other leads from setting up. Crunch is better than Aerial Ace because of STAB and more BP. Earthquake is well, Earthquake. 100 power, 100 accuracy, plus an added bonus to a Super Effective to steel types (Which really wall my team).

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
~ Earthquake
~ Crunch
~ Fire Fang
~ Stone Edge

This set is meant for a pure physical sweep. Earthquake is there because it's, well, Earthquake. I chose crunch instead of Foul Play because You never know if you are going against a bulky Pokemon. I couldn't decide between Fire Fang and Aerial Ace. Aerial Ace counters all of Krookodiles weaknesses but Fire Fang covers two and Ferrathorn with more power. And Stone Edge is there against the odd Flying type.

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~ Night Daze
~ Flamethrower
~ U-Turn
~ HP Ice

Considering Zoroark's low defensive stats, I had to improvise. The move set is pretty self explanatory in my opinion as it is pretty simplistic. Night Daze is my main STAB move providing cover over Gengar and any other Ghosts. Flamethrower is there to destroy Ferrothorn and any other Steel Types that wall me. U-Turn I was amazed it could learn. It provides a great scouting role to switch AND Inflict damage. And Hidden Power Ice that gives me coverage against Gliscor and other 4X pokemon.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
~ Roost
~ Toxic
~ Knock Off
~ Whirlwind

Mandibuzz surprised me. It actually takes hits very well. The fact that it can neutrally take fighting and bug type attacks also helps my team out very well. Roost to restore HP, Toxic is her main source of damage dealing, Brave Bird for STAB and having another methos of dealing damage, and I'm still debating on the last slot. This thing gets walled by steel types, so whirlwind would help keep them away... but protect is much more useful for toxic stall. Overcoat helps against the random Sandstorm/Hail.

Spritomb @ Leftovers
Ability" Pressure
Nature: Careful
EVs: 208 HP/ 184 Atk/ 116 SpD
~ Suckerpunch
~ Pursuit
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split

Spiritomb is a great pokemon as he has absolutely no weaknesses. Sucker Punch has priority and hits Fighting types well. Pursuit takes care of switching out Ghosts such as Gengar and hopefully a Rotom who will be a pain later on especially against my Mandibuzz. Will-O-Wisp causes a burn which helps out heaps especially if Spikes is still on the field. Pain Split lets me heal as well as damaging the opponents which is a double plus.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd/4 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Surf

I don't need to say much about Hydreigon. Specs Hydreigon is no secret, and for a good reason too. Hydreigon's Draco Meteor puts holes in things that even resist it. People were suggesting U-turn on Hydreigon, but my team lacked any ground moves (besides Earthquake)... so I put in Earth Power. Flamethrower because I took out Houndoom and Surf is always a good move to surprise opponents who are expecting the obvious Draco Meteor.
----------------------------
So, thoughts? Opinions?

I know some of you have experience with dark types, and any constructive criticism is highly appreciated. As you can tell this is my first attempt. If you found this team pathetic, I hope you enjoyed your laugh...

FYI: The 4th Gen Pokemon are imported from my SoulSilver.

Last edited by littlea53; August 5, 2011 at 06:26:47 PM.
Old March 20, 2011, 05:51:19 AM
Pikachu

I'm no expert at 5th Gen teams, but I have a few suggestion. You can consider replacing one of your attacks on Drapion with Whirlwind(dunno why it can learn it)to rack up residual damage. Another thing is that Shell Bell doesn't really fit Bisharp really well. How about trying Life Orb for extra damage output or Leftovers for recovery?

Hope the suggestions help.
Old March 20, 2011, 06:33:54 AM
Mudkip

thanks!
ill change them.
Old March 20, 2011, 11:08:16 PM
Regigigas

Assuming that the extremely slow Fighting type you're worried about is Roobushin/Conkeldurr (I don't blame you, given your team's mono typing), Aerial Ace won't do you much good. Bisharp doesn't get STAB off of it, it only has Base 60 power, and even with a Life Orb and Super-Effective hit, it likely won't be enough to OHKO Roobushin, after which it'll Drain Punch Bisharp to restore it's lost HP, and (assuming the Drain Punch doesn't KO Bisharp, which it probably will), it'll Mach Punch to take it out. Try going with Psycho Cut instead. Not much stronger, and you still don't get STAB, but at least it has a bit more power so your chances of OHKO are higher.

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; March 20, 2011 at 11:08:41 PM.
Old March 21, 2011, 08:24:20 AM
Mudkip

thanks for the recommendation!
Old August 5, 2011, 06:27:17 PM
Mudkip

bump
bump
bump
bump
bump
bump
bump